Welcome to Shroomology

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sugaree

How to build - Indoor Greenhouse for Mushrooms

21 posts in this topic

Awesome, thanks sugar!

woah, super fancy but super simple, love it!

Thanks guys :D Lmk how this works for you if you try it out!There are some modifications I have seen to add more shelves and better routing of the water vapor to each shelf when the greenhouse is filled. If I add any of these extras, I'll post pics and the methods I used if I do things differently.

I was at benny's the other day and I saw a 4 tier greenhouse except it was double the width of this. I would say it would hold 2x the amount of trays. I was thinking about using that, but the seems at the zippers didn't look to good.

It would probably work, the zippers and seams don't get too much use or wear unless you put something on the shelves that stretches out the cover and strains the seams. I got mine from Amazon for about $40 and it has held up really well to my abuse, they only thing I would do different is spray the frame down with rustoleum bc it's started to rust a little in spots from the humidity.If it's less than $80, I would say go for it, otherwise you can buy 2 from Amazon for the same price.

1 person likes this

So you don't mist or fan at all and your mushies come out just fine?I'm all about simplicity!

So you don't mist or fan at all and your mushies come out just fine?I'm all about simplicity!

absolutley, if you have the correct set up for a GH. There are also less costly and time consuming teks to achieve the same outcome, for simplicity's sake, like monotubs.However, I built a giant GH (out of a ferret masion cage), for species that require more maintenance than Cubensis (that wont make it in a monotub/dub tub) and I absolutley fell in love with it.Although for cubes, my favorite is still the good old monotub. No checking water levels, scrubbing etc.
1 person likes this

absolutley, if you have the correct set up for a GH. There are also less costly and time consuming teks to achieve the same outcome, for simplicity's sake, like monotubs.However, I built a giant GH (out of a ferret masion cage), for species that require more maintenance than Cubensis (that wont make it in a monotub/dub tub) and I absolutley fell in love with it.Although for cubes, my favorite is still the good old monotub. No checking water levels, scrubbing etc.

I totally agree! I just started a monotub for ease of use... but I do have a GH because I thought they were cool, before I knew anything about cultivation. Lol. Now i dont have to waste all the money I spent on it . Still gonna rock the mono, they rock! :D
1 person likes this

Very nice !!! thanx For sharing !!Peace**D**

looking good man. i cant believe that humidifier pushed out that much. all the ones ive had(not warm mist) you get more air then humidity. nice work.

looking good man. i cant believe that humidifier pushed out that much. all the ones ive had(not warm mist) you get more air then humidity. nice work.

I do believe Sugaree is female...but she still one of the Guys for sure !!!

Peace

**D**

Where do you buy the 4 tier green house?

e bay, amazon, make it yourself ;)

I am about to start a Martha project today, this is exactly what I needed, thanx

I have been looking into setting up a greenhouse. How often do you need to change the perlite with this setup?

I have been looking into setting up a greenhouse. How often do you need to change the perlite with this setup?

I never have personally...

The perlite would soak up excess humidity to leave room for error, right?

Verm in a jar is to soak up extra Moisture...the Perlite is used to create humidity within your green House or tote...you want your perlite to stay moist/wet so when the temps change(Cold air meets Hot Air) it creates evaporation...hense creating your humidity within your Green House/Tote

Peace

**D**

no

This thread is now locked due to sugaree's absence of over 3+ months. Please direct all questions to general cultivation so that they can be answered effectively.