• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

newtoitall

Fruiting Chamber

newtoitall    11
newtoitall

Hey guys , so I just fininshed my fruiting chamber and it might be alot more work to another type of chamber but I saw a similar one on youtube I just made a couple changes. Please tell me what you think and if theres any improvements I can make.

Ok so the whole purpose of doing this type of chamber was the "no maintenance" of it, the fan in the back is used to pull out the co2 (it will be on a timer) , not sure if I really needed the light but I put one on anyways and that to will be on a 12/12 timer, I made a hole in the side and instead of using poly-fill

I used a HEPA filter ( I had a new one lying around the house and saved me the trip to get the poly-fill),

I also used an air pump w/two hoses and two air pumps for fresh oxygen and for the humidity .  Ive had it plugged in for about an hour now and my temp is at 73 and the humidity is at 78, I'm hoping the humidity will rise(pretty sure it will), also I put a filter on my air pump to insure fresh oxygen. post-6640-0-43474700-1390278312_thumb.jppost-6640-0-60130000-1390278291_thumb.jppost-6640-0-50457900-1390278275_thumb.jppost-6640-0-59558600-1390278327_thumb.jppost-6640-0-71373200-1390278357_thumb.jp   

• Like 2

Austiclees    444
Austiclees

I will give you credit.  You tried hard and it looks nice buddy.  Pro tip... we have chat room on this site.  There are always people in there that can answer any questions you may have.  We could have helped you design it a little better or had you save your money and just said to build a SGFC like tripdawg said above.

Here are my suggestions.. Put a layer of pearlite at the bottom of that tub.  It will raise the humidity significantly.

Ditch the hepa filter.  You don't need it and it' going to get ruined sitting in there like that.  At the fruiting stage of mushroom development, (when you would actually be using that thing,) there is almost zero risk of contamination.  If you notice it in the fruiting state, it usually means that it happened way before and it's just now showing signs.  It's worth the trip to get the poly fill.  

That fan is up a little too high, but should still work.  CO2 is heavier than O2, (Notice the extra carbon molecule).  This means that the heaver CO2 will sink to the bottom of the tub.  So, if the point of the fan is to suck CO2 out, it may be a little high.

On second look at those pictures, you may be good with that fan right where it is.  Fill the bottom of the tub up even with the bottom of the fan.  How many inches is between the bottom of the fan and the top of the tub?  It's really hard to tell.

• Like 1

newtoitall    11
newtoitall

I will give you credit.  You tried hard and it looks nice buddy.  Pro tip... we have chat room on this site.  There are always people in there that can answer any questions you may have.  We could have helped you design it a little better or had you save your money and just said to build a SGFC like tripdawg said above.

Here are my suggestions.. Put a layer of pearlite at the bottom of that tub.  It will raise the humidity significantly.

Ditch the hepa filter.  You don't need it and it' going to get ruined sitting in there like that.  At the fruiting stage of mushroom development, (when you would actually be using that thing,) there is almost zero risk of contamination.  If you notice it in the fruiting state, it usually means that it happened way before and it's just now showing signs.  It's worth the trip to get the poly fill.  

That fan is up a little too high, but should still work.  CO2 is heavier than O2, (Notice the extra carbon molecule).  This means that the heaver CO2 will sink to the bottom of the tub.  So, if the point of the fan is to suck CO2 out, it may be a little high.

On second look at those pictures, you may be good with that fan right where it is.  Fill the bottom of the tub up even with the bottom of the fan.  How many inches is between the bottom of the fan and the top of the tub?  It's really hard to tell.

Thanks for the advice the fan is about 1 3/4 inches from the bottom . as for the chat room well iam still on probation and I dont have use of it yet..lol this set up really didnt cost me any thing but time I had pretty much everything around my house except for the temp/humidity  gauge.  The Humidity went up to 90% so yes I will be putting perlite in the bottom to insure enough humidity . The whole reason I didnt do the shotgun style chamber was because I didnt want to have to fan it and I had some extra time on my hands and made this thing..lol

Austiclees    444
Austiclees

That is perfect! Fill the bottom of that tub up with perlite even with the bottom of the fan and you should be good

Sent from my bad ass Android phone using Tapatalk

newtoitall    11
newtoitall

That is perfect! Fill the bottom of that tub up with perlite even with the bottom of the fan and you should be good

Sent from my bad ass Android phone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I have one last question  for now..lol...are cotton balls the same as poly fill?

newtoitall    11
newtoitall

thanks bro

Those Who Were    1,082
Those Who Were

So there is no polyester bush/tree? ;)

• Like 1

Austiclees    444
Austiclees

So there is no polyester bush/tree? ;)

LOL no.  it's one hundred percent synthetic.  

"Polyester is a manufactured product, usually a textile, that is made from synthesizedpolymers. It tends to be very resilient, quick drying, resistant to biological damage such as mold and mildew"

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-polyester.htm

Those Who Were    1,082
Those Who Were

LOL no. it's one hundred percent synthetic.

"Polyester is a manufactured product, usually a textile, that is made from synthesizedpolymers. It tends to be very resilient, quick drying, resistant to biological damage such as mold and mildew"

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-polyester.htm

dude I swear I've seen a polyester plant.. it spun nice fluffy pillows of polly. ;) olive juice

Jam51    0
Jam51

I'm sure you've gotten some cakes in there by now. How they lookin' ? I feel like you FC might be a little short if you added perlite, are those booms raising the roof or what!?

newtoitall    11
newtoitall

Well I haven't put any cakes in yet I made the FC ahead of time, I'm placing cakes in there in 2-3 days. I will keep everyone updated with pic.s and details !

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

thejuggalo    93
thejuggalo

so hey ... been looking at designs on youtube as well ... mainly for the same reason ... no maint. , because i work long hours sometimes and dont have time to fan and mist ... i like this idea ... but on a slightly larger scale (smaller than a greenhouse) ... only thing i am thinking of changing when i build it is the humidifier design everyone seems to use ... i happen to have a zoo-med repti-fogger laying around ... ( fan and mist all in one machine ) and i can literally controll the humidity from 20% up to 100% ... still got a bit to go before i will need this set up ...  when its time for mine to get going ill post pics  ... let me know what yall think about it though 

• Like 1

Those Who Were    1,082
Those Who Were

zombie tubs might work well in your situation. no fuss. the zoo med sounds cool though. more for a greenhouse i would imagine.

thejuggalo    93
thejuggalo

when i have chat options someone will need to explain a zombie tub ... got 8 jars going atm so i got a bit before i will need it 

Those Who Were    1,082
Those Who Were
  • Like 1