Am I Screwed

OLD WISE MAN

Good morning to all! had to stay with mom last two days at NH got up this morning to my surprise and saw this, was going to dunk and roll but just didn't have time.  There was a little left over when I did my other jars and put it in 4 oz jelly jar squirted in what was left of the Golden Teacher.  So my question is this am I just screwed or what do I do now as always you know, I don't know can y'all help me please. I wouldn't be excited, if I knew what to do.  post-5619-0-85270000-1390575369_thumb.jp

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OLD WISE MAN

• Mush Zombie

• Those Who Were

• Austiclees

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

experimenting is always cool, but remember.. the more complicated the set up, the more that can go wrong. it's all part of finding your groove, but eventually simple wins out imo.   these zapotecor

Hey guys just want to say thanks for all the help and support this was my first pick ever.  And now I'm really hooked, Lucky grew  up real nice and she was my first print.  From start to this day was

THANK TO ALL  for all the encouraging words it means a lot would have never made it without the help and support from you guys.  Thanks for not forgetting the little man LOL

Posted Images

Nope you're fine no biggie early start.

Now if you were breaking those up to do bulk you just pick the little guys off and commence to crush it up.

Mush Zombie

actually allowing the cake to pin is part of the instructions in the pf tek. brith the cake pull the pin off and follow the rest of the instructions from there.

• Like 2
OLD WISE MAN

So birth, pick and soak for 24 hours dunk and roll is this correct.Thanks again for the help just wasn't sure what to do.

OLD WISE MAN
MZ I'm sorry, I just could not pick it.  I tried just could not do it going to let it soak for 24 hours dunk and roll just got to watch it
post-5619-0-30681100-1390589575_thumb.jp
Mush Zombie

there is a chance that it could rot and contam. mushrooms are just mycelium, and mycelium can breath the air in the water ;) I have had subs grow mushrooms under water that I left in a dunk tub for about a week after i forgot about them, but the tops were exposed for evap (floating).

Those Who Were

I woulda birthed it and put directly into fruiting. Some of the biggest mush I've grown were birthed in that fashion. I only dunk after 1st flush. I've tried both ways and I've done close to 100 cakes over the past year. But I'm just a noob don't listen to me. :blink:

Edited by Darkstar
OLD WISE MAN
Dame thanks MZ. I was about to pick it.  I wanted want my wife to see it she's not here right now, I will take that chance.  I will let it float right?
OLD WISE MAN
Mtdorashane thank you for your feedback.  I did not think about rot & contam hope you or wrong but with my luck you'll be right
DarkStar and all the others thanks for your feedback and help, hell to be a newbie got you mz
Austiclees

I'm jumping for joy right now. I'm so glad that you have some success after all you went through.

You could have just let it fruit the way it was though. I see plenty of moisture in your jar, which means that it didn't lose a whole lot during colonization, so no dunk was necessary.

Sent from my bad ass Android phone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
OLD WISE MAN

Thanks Austiclees I know it must seem silly to most, but for two months.  All I was seeing with bluish green contamination my wife said it was so cute.  She named her Lucky lol old folks need to have a little fun to!

Austiclees

LOL  Does your wifey plan on going on a spiritual journey with you?  BTW, the letter was mailed out yesterday. ;)

• Like 1
OLD WISE MAN

Oh yeah for over 40 years she's been my best friend, we do everything together.  We've tried just about everything I think she likes this the best would not have got far on Lucky lol.  And thank you very much for your letter (the BTW got me for a minute)

Austiclees

That is so inspiring. I wish I could find someone that I wouldn't mind spending forty years with.

Sent from my bad ass Android phone using Tapatalk