• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

phish

Phish' Enriched Sawdust Substrate - Shiitake And Lions Mane

Mush Zombie

hey phish thanks for sharing this with us!

if you need help with the pics just post them where is convenient and I will add them for you if necessary

Those Who Were

Thanks for the recipe phish. Gonna be trying this for my 1st shiitake grow.

AL2O3

thanks for sharing your tek, I will be using it .

phish

Darkstar did the work for me but you guys are more than welcome.

• Like 1

pcsillypj

Def thanks for sharing....I love seeing teks for edibles...need to see more of em... :D

Seekknowledge

Thanks phish and dark, I've been looking for something like this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

blackdogwoody

I wanna start by saying thanks for the tek!! I have to say also that the measurements are a little off. Not trying to piss on the tek or you Phish. A qt is 32oz, 2qt is 64oz, and 3qt is 96oz. I was just doing the math and thought I would chime in. Someone please correct me if I am wrong

Those Who Were

I wanna start by saying thanks for the tek!! I have to say also that the measurements are a little off. Not trying to piss on the tek or you Phish. A qt is 32oz, 2qt is 64oz, and 3qt is 96oz. I was just doing the math and thought I would chime in. Someone please correct me if I am wrong

is this liquid weight or the weight of pellets in a quart jar? Just curious. .

blackdogwoody

I am assuming these are dry weights when you need to add water, dry weight and something that is hydrated is going to be much different. 1 cup of pellets makes about 3 1/2 cups for me after the soak. Again, not shitting on this but I think the numbers are off somewhere.

Those Who Were

I am assuming these are dry weights when you need to add water, dry weight and something that is hydrated is going to be much different. 1 cup of pellets makes about 3 1/2 cups for me after the soak. Again, not shitting on this but I think the numbers are off somewhere.

i hear ya, i haven't used the tek yet and i really don't wanna do the math, thats the only reason i asked. i'm sure phish will chime in, maybe something he or we are looking over. i plan on using this tek but i don't weight anything, so u say 3 quarts to the top, then i use 3 qrts to the top, whether it's 26 oz or 67oz IDC. :)

phish

These are all dry weights.Ive done all the math.This also takes into effect the fact that the wood pellets have moisture thus water weight.

Dont worry about weighing out anything ! Just follow the marks and levels on a quart jar precisely with granular garden gypsum and wood fuel pellets.Then add water.(OK Now you got gypsum, pellets, and water in a bucket) So....AFTER YOUR PELLETS BREAK DOWN,....WTF ! ITS ALL ABOVE ! And if you want to go through the trouble BWD of weighing all your ingredients(I've saved you that trouble) go for it.

Always gotta be one stickler in the crowd ! Lol.Pay CLOSE attention Blackie , It's all there above.

If I tell you to add 3 quart jars of feathers, are you gonna tell me its 96 oz.? LMAO ! !

• Like 1

phish

.....and my Shiitake and Lions Mane are fully colonized now too.Woooooohoooo

• Like 1

phish

And remember like Dark says "In Phish We Trust " .

• Like 2

blackdogwoody

You got it

Those Who Were

.....and my Shiitake and Lions Mane are fully colonized now too.Woooooohoooo

sweet, can't wait to see em fruit  :pumpit:

• Topics

• Crackeddoor
      After mixing together a bunch of wbs jars with substrate,I underestimated how much it would make, I've been trying to do away with the big monotubs because it's hard to hide so I've been doing bags ,well I ran out of spawn bags so i put the remainder of my spawn in 4 one gallon ziplock bags that i cut a hole in and taped tyvlek to. The problem is the substrate is 4 inches thick in these one gallon bags . I let them colonize for 12 days, during the spawn run the mycelium went nuts , it even grew through the tyvlek patch , its strong and healthy looking growing up the sides of the bags , and it's already pinning. The thing is  I cant  possibly see how it could work with the bags being so full of substrate , I was just kind of rushed and didnt want to waste anything so I threw it in bags not really expecting it to work . The bags are so healthy looking I hate to throw them out , but I'm not sure what to do . Any suggestions? Two of my bags are just verm and the other two are cmc, coir ,and verm... any help would be greatly appreciated ... thank you 
    • Chuggychow
      I just ordered the 23 quart presto pressure cooker. Does anyone use this type for sterilizing jars or bags? I’m thrilled that I can start doing my own substrates now but I’ve never used a PC before is it pretty easy? 
    • Moonphase
      Pulled a gallon bag of substrate out of the freezer.   I'm going to spawn some of the Jalisco jars this next week.   See what happens.    
    • BlurryFace
      So today was a busy day! Transfered ropey strands from the fully colonized GT and KSSS bags to Petri dishes, really hope that some beautiful ropey myc comes of it.  Dycorotic and rizomorphic growth is beautiful.Just a quick peek of a Thai strand going into the dish before we finished up there and went on to start setting up the tubs to spawn to substrate 1 to 3 ratio. This is the Golden Teacher just placed and not spread out yet, ready to be foil wrapped and moved into incubation for 10 days.Volcano at around 10 days and will be getting the casing put over as well today along with two others to be shown later on this day. A wonderful picture of the inside of the greenhouse with what we have started and growing bigger everyday lol. And the final picture showing the humidifier and fan in working order. Would always be welcome to any ideas or different ways to look at things in getting them to grow better! Thank you  
    • Tigerlily
      How did your albinos turn out? Sorry for using old thread. I'm doing albinos rn and cant seem to find much info