Reishi Mushroom

Does anyone know how to grow Reishi mushrooms? Other then buying a kit online. From scratch. Can they be grown the same way as cubes or what? 

Mush Zombie

Type this in Google

site:shroomology.org how to grow reishi

I strongly suggest you read books by Paul stamets

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
fungaljungle

The grain prep is done the same way as cubes. But as for fruiting them. You will need a wood base substrate. They also like fog and mist for fruiting.

The grain prep is done the same way as cubes. But as for fruiting them. You will need a wood base substrate. They also like fog and mist for fruiting.

Would any wood based substrate work? I have very fine, semi fine, and course wood chips that I have access to, from a local tree trimming business. Mostly a mix of several different types of trees. 

Mush Zombie

use hardwood logs, or sawdust with some chips in it. only hardwood works well. preferably oak. this can also depend on the geolocation in which the culture comes from, however. most cultures in the us are from the south east, so oak is a good default.

• 1 year later...
greycay16

Same as shiitake, use a non aromatic hardwood substrate. These can be innoculated and colonised and the burrie. In a greenhouse type enviroment to fruit.