Legalize It! Shrooms Are Next!

The Liberal Democrats in the UK are trying to decriminalise personal possession of drugs and follow suit of Portugal which has had that policy since 2000. Which is a step in the right direction, I suppose. But I doubt they'd get into government. (The Green Party are also in favour of this policy, but they're an even longer shot).

In my opinion, all drugs should be legalised (for +18's) and regulated through the government. I think this would reduce crime rate, ease overcrowding of prisons, see fewer overdoses (due to regulation), boost the economy, ease the worry of user by knowing exactly what they're taking, create new jobs: substance regulator & better funded rehabilitation centres, better education about drugs/misuse of drugs and how to use them safely.

One day maybe? One day...

Edited by Sporeon
  • Like 1
crazytrain

Also check out what Iceland has done with there policies on drugs and crime to bounce back from the world recession and it will blow your mind; the gest of it is they decided to treat drug abuse as a disease not crime and imposed the same penalties on big business white collar crimes as they did violent drug dealers to put the corporations in check and yes there infrastructure is smaller but they were the pinnacle country in the European downfall because of there fragile state and drastic fall but as soon as the decriminalization and restructuring of policies they were the quickest to come back and present a role model for the world!!!

• Like 2
crazytrain

Thats true mz when you break it all down to the base of everything you hit it directly on the head!  OUR BODIES OUR DECISION!

crazytrain

i guess what i was saying in the comment about Iceland i was just relating to the origins of the myths surrounding our current policies and the short sided mindset or corruption of the lawmakers at the time and how history has debunked the reasons they fed to the sheep to make them follow along.

Mush Zombie

anyone who enforces those policies are the sheep. anyone who enforces those policies are more corrupt than the people who made them.

Mush Zombie

the supreme court of florida agrees that laws against psychoactive mushrooms are unconstitutional.. in some cases

http://www.leagle.com/decision/1978789366So2d423_1691.xml/FISKE%20v.%20STATE

Richard Fiske, appellant, was arrested as he emerged from a field in Collier County. Found near him was a bag of wild mushrooms. The mushrooms were taken into the custody of the Collier County Sheriff's Department. After tests, a chemist concluded that they contained psilocybin, a substance controlled by the Florida Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act, Chapter 893, Florida Statutes. Appellant was tried by jury for possession of the psilocybin, a felony of the third degree, and found guilty. Adjudication of guilt was withheld and he was placed on probation.

The statute is held to have been applied unconstitutionally in this case. Appellant's conviction is reversed.

It is so ordered.

ADKINS, HATCHETT and ALDERMAN, JJ., concur.

• Like 2
eltrkbrd

More particularly, the statute does not advise a person of ordinary and common intelligence that this substance is contained in a particular variety of mushroom. The statute, therefore, may not be applied constitutionally to appellant. It does not give fair warning that possession of the mushrooms possessed by appellant is a crime.

Thanks for posting that MZ, very interesting...

Edited by eltrkbrd

Professor David Nutt was the chairman of the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) of the UK, after he challenged the government's classification system and urged the government to reclassify drugs according to actual evidence of the harm caused and dependency, he was discharged from the council.

He's a psychiatrist and a neuropsychopharmacologist - he knows what he was talking about, yet he was still discharged.

If the government is going to dismiss the scientific advice from the council they created, then what's the point in having one?

I also agree about the human right aspect, what we do to our own bodies is our prerogative.

The wiki on David Nutt: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Nutt

Edited by Sporeon
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
crazytrain

This is crazy I knew about the links between racism and drug war in the 90's and even did a speech to inform at my high school... this was before the big internet craze so information wasn't so easy to get and a lot of my teachers disregarded what I said as bullshit and told me to concentrate more on my wrestling and football and not waste my time on reading "hippy propaganda"  fuckin' North Dakota lol

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...
Moonphase

Well MZ you were 6 years ahead of your time.   Oregon became the first state to "legalize" mushrooms for therapeutic uses.   Tripping parlors will spring up all over with psilo-shamans running nightly brain burnin sessions.   Still not for home cultivation and use though because..... there's no money in that.    Still it's a step in the right direction.   Drugs won the war on drugs.   :pumpit:   https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2020/11/oregon-legalizes-magic-mushrooms-5-things-to-know.html

• Like 1