Welcome to Shroomology

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

thekaratekid

Noccing With Agar.

41 posts in this topic

I'm making some no fail grain jars. I have some nice cloned myc on agar. I wanna try noccing a jar with it. How do i do it considering the berm in the bottom? How do I disperse the agar?

it doesnt matter what tek you use this is how you do it. tilt the jar until the grain falls to the side at an angle towards the top. put the wedge at the bottom of the slope and allow the grain spawn to fall back over it, pushing the wedge up against the glass under the spawn.

wait for it to colonize a quarter of the jar before shaking.

Awesome! So I shouldn't cut up the whole agar dish in little squares and put it all in? It's a first gen clone from a big fruit. Very rhizomorphic. It's something for me to do while I wait for me spores. Figured I'd make a dub and just see what happens. It was a huge fruit in a cluster with a small one and a couple aborts. Does that count as a cluster? I'm only doing one dub to see what happens.

Edited by thekaratekid

no. just one decent sized wedge is more than enough inoculant for a quart jar.

1 person likes this

i cut mine into pea size pieces and use it like grain to grain, using about 1/2 dish per qt jar

Edited by mtdorashane
1 person likes this

I have put a agar dish in a blender weth 100 mills of water I used a glass blender that I pc first and did work infront of flow hood then made syringe s and noc'ed up jars

2 people like this

I have put a agar dish in a blender weth 100 mills of water I used a glass blender that I pc first and did work infront of flow hood then made syringe s and noc'ed up jars

I love it, ideas, inventiveness, this is the best hobby there is. To hell with remote control planes. Those remote control helicopters are really awesome tho lol.

i cut mine into pea size pieces and use it like grain to grain, using about 1/2 dish per qt jar

What I don't understand is doing that, or g2g with the no-fail jars. How do you disperse it without disturbing the verm?

Yea im working on a oxygen injected mono tub useing a old oxygen generator from grandad (thanks pop)

What I don't understand is doing that, or g2g with the no-fail jars. How do you disperse it without disturbing the verm?

very carefully lol I just did the no fail with verm for first time and that question is my only complaint

Yea im working on a oxygen injected mono tub useing a old oxygen generator from grandad (thanks pop)

Why oxygen injection? Isn't co2 what you want? Faster growth, bigger fruits?

Why oxygen injection? Isn't co2 what you want? Faster growth, bigger fruits?

Oxygen encourage s pinning its just a therory right now
1 person likes this

Makes sense to me. Get that fat pinset then cut it off. Cool!

i don't use verm in my jars.  while verm works really to help with moisture control in grain, you really should learn how to properly hydrate you grain, saves a lot of time and opens extra options for ya.  Good luck my friend 

Edited by mtdorashane
1 person likes this

I wanna do that. How do you do it. I understand the hydrated, dry on the outside stuff. I know how it should come out. But how do you do it? What are the steps, if you don't mind.

Edited by thekaratekid

When my jars are at 30% and I shake em, the verm is bone dry. Pure dry powder. I don't think it's hydrating my stuff. Probably drying it out. It's however I'm doing it. I've made real nice jars with no verm before, but it was a shit ton of work and time. I lost allot of wbs by over doing it. When I get it right, it's awesome. When I get it wrong, I shitcan 20 qts of wbs.

you can shake up the no fail jar if you are doing g2g. it colonizes much faster than ms.

i dont use verm in my wbs jars anymore either. same tek, just dont use the verm. I let them sit in the strain for about 10-20 min extra.

the spawn is properly hydrated if it colonizes. so what mt means is you should learn how to properly dry the grain, since it is hydrated from the 90 min soak.

MT also does not use wbs. different strokes different folks.

1 person likes this

i use Organic Rye Berries.  I use these videos like a bible, this is exactly how i prep my grain

1 person likes this

When my jars are at 30% and I shake em, the verm is bone dry. Pure dry powder. I don't think it's hydrating my stuff. Probably drying it out. It's however I'm doing it. I've made real nice jars with no verm before, but it was a shit ton of work and time. I lost allot of wbs by over doing it. When I get it right, it's awesome. When I get it wrong, I shitcan 20 qts of wbs.

are you using strobes tek where he says to lay the spawn out and let it dry before adding to the jars? if so this is your issue. DO NOT lay the wbs out and let it dry.

1 person likes this

I soak wbs for 24hour bring to a rageing boil for 20 mins then drain and wash it one last time to get any starches off the grain to prevent sticking together then I let drain for a hour jar it up pc for 90min gopd to go that what works for mei usualy stop boiling when it smells likeyou just cooked a huge batch of cream of wheat but about 20 mins if you look at seed some should be split open 40 % id say

1 person likes this

I can't believe that ^^^ works for you lol   

Edited by mtdorashane

ok so let it strain out longer, no verm. No laying it out on s fan and drying it. That was a real pain. Next time I'm gonna do the 90 min soak, strain for like 45-60, then load em up and pc. Cool!

ya its alot of work for some spawn. i used to soak for 24 hours back in the day. layed it out dried it all nice, fucked with it for hours and all that. never boiled it though. thats a new one for a 24 hour soak tek.

1 person likes this

ok so let it strain out longer, no verm. No laying it out on s fan and drying it. That was a real pain. Next time I'm gonna do the 90 min soak, strain for like 45-60, then load em up and pc. Cool!

yea but im asking, were you laying it out and drying it like strobe said to do?

Sorry guys while I was typing you all posted stuff, I got left in the dust lol. But I got ya. Thanks guys!