• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

thekaratekid

Noccing With Agar.

thekaratekid

Yes I was laying it out on a towel with a fan till it was dry on the outside. I was also putting em in a crock pot instead of the 90 min soak.

Edited by thekaratekid

Mush Zombie

ok. dont leave the verm out just yet. that takes some experience to know when the wbs is just right for that particular tek. just dont lay it out anymore. you want the grain to still be sopping wet when you load it in your jars, and using verm. I edited all that out of his tek at one point but i guess he put it back when while he was still a moderator. many people have issues with his tek bc they lay it out, and the grain gets too dry for using verm.

the verm is there so that you dont have to think or fuck with the wbs at all.

• Like 1

thekaratekid

ok. dont leave the verm out just yet. that takes some experience to know when the wbs is just right for that particular tek. just dont lay it out anymore. you want the grain to still be sopping wet when you load it in your jars, and using verm. I edited all that out of his tek at one point but i guess he put it back when while he was still a moderator. many people have issues with his tek bc they lay it out, and the grain gets too dry for using verm.

the verm is there so that you dont have to think or fuck with the wbs at all.

That's right up my alley. Less time, work, water, propane. Maybe that's why the millet isn't colonizing. Maybe I'll separate out the millet and use it by itself in a few jars, that way most of them are 100% much quicker. Get my tubs spawning quicker.

Mush Zombie

that is why the millet is not colonizing. there is NO grain spawn tek that isnt finicky in some way.

My no fail tek is only in video form. which sucks because its the best version of the tek. it always works, everytime.

the no fail tek is literally an evolution of grain spawn prep. its supposed to make the whole deal alot easier, and less time consuming, like pf's cake tek was supposed to make inoculation to fruits much easier. theres a thousand ways to do things in this hobby. some consume more time and effort than others. my philosophy was always "whatever uses the least amount of time and effort for the biggest payoff." since this was not a job for me, and time is money. the no fail tek always saved me immense amounts of time.

this is why if you take the time to look back at some of the shit i posted you will see i dont spend a lot of time on precision EXCEPT FOR WHERE IT COUNTS. Ive had some of the most redneck flowhoods made out of steriltes and all that. B)

• Like 2

Mush Zombie

i was just browsing strobes no fail tek. i noticed he says to only soak for 45 min (the 90 min part was me). you are soaking for the full 90 min right? i really hope so bc 45 min is not enough. idk how he ever got by with that

i'll make my version of the no fail tek and put it in writing. i'll save his for historical references but ive seen so many people have issues with it that it wont be an official shroomology tek anymore.

• Like 1

thekaratekid

I do the 90 min. Last time I did 2 hours. The time before that I messed up the timing and only soaked an hour and 15. When I loaded the jars, I added 4ml of water around the top with a measure dropper. They came out ok. They are colonizing good and fast. What do you think about doing the no fail, with a longer soak? 2 hours? 8? 12? Would it hydrate better? I know it's more time, but the same amount of work. I'm definitely gonna try the no verm way you explained. I know I can do it right.

Mush Zombie

90 minutes. no laying them out to dry. just dump them in a strainer and rinse. then let them sit in the strainer for about 10 min and load up the jars.

if you want to do it longer you can, but doing so can lead to busted kernels as the PC is what hydrates them for the most part. you dont want them too hydrated before PC.

• Like 1

thekaratekid

90 minutes. no laying them out to dry. just dump them in a strainer and rinse. then let them sit in the strainer for about 10 min and load up the jars.

if you want to do it longer you can, but doing so can lead to busted kernels as the PC is what hydrates them for the most part. you dont want them too hydrated before PC.

I wanna bend my dick to my ass! YEAH BOI!!

Mush Zombie

exactly. shrooms make you ghey.

• Like 1

mushmouth

That shit is looking bad ass!!!

• Like 1

AL2O3

I would not recommend the blender tek, but I would recommend learning how to hydrate grain correctly. I failed a lot before I got it right. 

• Like 1

Mush Zombie

HunterGT used to swear by the blender clone tek. he would do it right on his kitchen counter. 

it never worked for me like that though  <_<

AL2O3

I am not saying it would not or does not work , it just has to many places to fail, one piece of Agar has always worked for me.

Mush Zombie

i used to try to wrap my head around that blender tek, and this is what would come out:

"should i just pour alcohol in the blender to sanitize it?"

"should i build a blender sized glovebox?"

"should i just stick my whole head in the blender?"

• Like 1

AL2O3

LMAO exactly!

• Like 1