Welcome to Shroomology

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

thekaratekid

My Flowhood Build

59 posts in this topic

In my heyday, American made muscle could be bought cheap enough for a teenager. My brothers generation, all they know is 4 bangers. Jap cars. They look at horsepower numbers and weight and scoff at American muscle. They've never been in a car like that. That feeling where your cruising around in your 80s camaro or mustang, the sound of the carb sucking in, the sound, the power, the car is big inside and very comfy, plush by today's standards. That's a car. The chick with you is very comfortable sticking her hands or of the t-tops man. The jap cars just don't have that, they are cramped, feels like tin can, the engine doesn't sound as good. My opinion. My dream car right now would be an 80's Monte Carlo ss, gnx, grand national, Buick regal, caprice, 383 stroker, carbeurated. All black everything, old school black American racing rims. Something like that. BENCH SEATS BABY LOL, let's go to the drive in. In car magazines I see these sick cars from the 80s back, then they have these rims on them that look dumb to me. Like they belong on a 3000 gt or something. I'd take the car to the place and tell the guy, "I want it to look straight out of the 80s. Matte black, no gaudy rims". The stereo system will be modern tho of course

1 person likes this

ya im not into the 4 banger and 6cyl stuff really. a few here and there are cool. If i was going to have a v6 i would rather have a van.

My first car was a Chevy asro van. I loved that van. It was so awesome for hanging with friends, everyone pile in. I want a van too. On the highway I saw a nice plymouth voyager all black, very sharp looking. I want one of those. I love vans. I like the Subarus too. My mom has a Subaru station wagon type thing. It's really nice, comfy, fast as fuck, and better in the snow than a 4 wheel drive truck.

I've owned 2 dodge challengers, a 72 & 73, the 72 had a 340 and I was putting a 69' 440 in the 73 when hard times hit and had to sell. Both cars were fkn awesome to be in and the feeling of raw horsepower under your ass cannot be replaced, Ever! wish I still had pics. Only some of the 73 when I was tearing it apart :(

Edited by sporeboyz
1 person likes this

Yeah my dad still owns his 71 challenger but he said it was like a 70.5 or something cause it was released in the middle of the year his is canary yellow it's also a 340 and that fucker honks man my first car was an 88 z 28 Camaro with T tops damn that thing got me pussy and it was pretty fast as well... the good Ole days but it's all good still get all the pussy I can shake a stick at its just from one chick lol

1 person likes this

my parents had two Chevelle's 70 (4 door) and 69 (2dr Malibu)when i was growing up. I miss thous cars like crazy, today cost to up keep or redo them to make them a dependable daily driver is just not in most budget.  My Grand Prix GTP still can run on todays street and still is cheap if broken and upkeep. Im still a USA car maker kinda guy. But everyone around me loves honda,  has them Slammed, put NOS in them. LOUD ass mufflers. Nice to watch them but i couldn't get myself buy one last time i was looking.Just how i feel. :hippie:

1 person likes this

Awesome flowhood man

2 people like this

i have an air scrubber for mold remediation..  its 3' x3' x 3'   its a monster..  the prefilter is 2" thick, and then it gets pulled into the hepa filter, and is shot out by a 10" duct..  my question is..  should the whole machine be in my room, to constantly filter the room  or only the duct since the air will be filtered and clean?    

we arent using the flow hood like an air scrubber. its actually the reverse. negative air machines filter the air in the room where the containment is, and pipe the clean air out of a window (i never understood why we blow it out of the window when its already clean). a flowhood blows sterile air over a workspace so that you can work in a clean environment.

Depending on your brand of negative air machine, the hepa filters usually dont filter bacteria, just spores. bacteria is usually way smaller than spores (down to 3 microns), so if you ever plan on taking that filter out and making a hood out of it, you will need to investigate its quality (you need it down to about .03 microns).

ps i am certified by the IICRC in water damage and microbial restoration (or now clean trust) ;)

1 person likes this

Thank you for the heads up MZ