• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mush Zombie

Step 1: Hiding Your Ip Address, And Prevent Govt Or I.s.p. Spying

path631

Very useful info what is your opinion of "TOR"?

Mush Zombie

its slow, and considering it was built by the department of defense, I wouldnt trust the onion router, personally. im also not positive if it supports ssh tunneling etc. for a fully encrypted connection back and forth.

you are forced to use its browser. the browser will be the weakest point. i stay away from anything if im forced to do something.

• Like 1

path631

Thank you for input ya because I cannot get there browser to work on this site on Android 

Ty

• Like 1

jkt29

I never worried too much about privacy but recently got an email from my ISP. They said they received notice from a copyright owner.

I have been using torrents for years with no problems but I guess my luck ran out. From what I can find out if they get too many complaints

they will cut off my internet access.

Looks like a VPN will protect me.

I'm looking at privateinternetaccess which is only $40 a year. Do you have any experience with them?

Mush Zombie

yeah i used that a long time ago. dont know how it performs now, but it was alright back then. its easy for people to know you are using a vpn, they all use the same hostname. and there was only like 7 different ip addresses. definitely better options out there for stealth and privacy, and you need to make sure they allow torrent downloads in the first place.

a good way to do this is to rent a remote server and download the torrents onto that machine, then download the actual files onto your computer. that way the torrent shit is not even touching your isp at all. you wont need a vpn for that

Edited by Mush Zombie
  • Like 1

jkt29

What about torguard anonymous proxy? Just found a %50 off for life coupon.

The remote server might be too technical for me.

Mush Zombie

what version of windows are you using

Niidaho

Sorry if this is a dumb question.but what would u suggest doing if u mainly use an I pad ?Is using a Vpn about all u can do are can u sandbox.im kind of like the guy on the comercial using his new iPad as a cutting board lol. 

Don_Shadow

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I've chosen this thread for my first post because it seems rational that cultivating internet anonymity ought to be the first step in the greater cultivation process. So far I am extremely impressed with this website and the people who use it. The information so generously provided here is rife with detail and efficiently presented. I'm even very impressed by the comfortable design of the website, the gray-on-gray text/background color scheme is very easy on my eyes, as one who does not enjoy poring over a screen for hours on end.

So, here is my first inquiry:

-How critical is internet anonymity when conducting research on the cultivation of psilocybin containing mushrooms? Have any of you, or anyone you know run into trouble as a result of laziness or sloppy internet etiquette? For some reason I get the feeling that this is a rather innocuous endeavor, that because mushrooms "hide in plain sight" and pose no great threat, perhaps they are low on the agenda of law enforcement agents, but maybe this view is naive? What do you think?

It seems to me that in any rewarding pursuit which poses significant risks, the devil is always in the details (or in airborne microbial contaminants). I intend to succeed at this hobby, and so I want to start from the very beginning. I am not in a rush. I've learned that in every avenue of life, the time required to succeed takes precisely as much time as is necessary to do it well. Festina Lente. I will have many other questions after this one, but this seems like the best place to start. If my question is redundant and has already been discussed elsewhere, please feel free to respond by linking me to older threads. I just wanted to poke my head out and say hello. Thanks in advance.

-P.S: I live in Canada.

Proton_California
On 4/7/2015 at 2:27 PM, Mush Zombie said:

They say no one can hear you scream in space, but if you so much as whisper on the Web, you can be tracked by a dozen different organizations and recorded for posterity. Simply visiting a website can allow its operators to figure out your general physical location, identify details about your device information, and install advertising cookies that can track your movements around the Web. The government and your ISP can also watch what you do in real time, or simply view their logs about you, if you do not take the proper precautions.

Not everyone likes the idea of having his or her entire digital lives scraped, analyzed and (in countries with restrictive regimes) controlled outright by third parties. The following tools and tips, which will hide your IP address and have you surfing the Web in blissful anonymity in no time.

Proxies

I cannot reccomend using proxies (esp free proxies) as a way to hide your internet browsing habits from your ISP or the govt. These are often not fully anonymous, and not encrypted at all, and your real IP can easily be given away. Often they are blocked by websites because they use an http refferer code in the header.

Typically they are also very slow and unreliable, dying constantly. There is no free lunch here.

VPN

Virtual Private Networks create an encrypted ‘tunnel’ between your computer and the host server, with the internet traffic going in and out of the host server. Your ISP or government can only see that you have connected to the VPN server and nothing else – your activities, IP addresses you have visited etc. are all completely hidden from them behind a minimum of 128-bit encryption.

I personally use a VPN (aka virtual private network) for everything I do. VPN's hide my internet browsing habits with extreme precision. VPNS are fast, reliable, and extremely secure. The companies I recommend below are great. I've been using them for a couple of years. I pay for a year of their service in advance to save a lot of money.

post-1-0-32802800-1428434184.png

Another good VPN is TOR Guard VPN Both VPN's can also be used with android and iOS devices.

However, the VPN server can see what you get up to on-line, which is why I feel it vital that a good VPN provider to keeps no logs. Anything less, and its users’ activities may be compromised (thus making the precaution of using a VPN in the first place redundant!).
Although setting up VPN does usually involve downloading and installing a VPN client, or otherwise configuring your computer or mobile device, the computing skills needed are minimal, and most providers supply detailed step-by-step setup guides in any case. One good thing is that once set up, all your internet activity, no matter which program you use, is now safely routed through the VPN.

The only notable negatives to VPN are that it is comparatively pricey, and the encryption process taxes the servers so that when in heavy use internet access through them can slow down noticeably.

Pros

• Internet activity cannot be spied on by ISPs or governments
  • High levels of encryption (128-bit to 2048-bit)
  • All internet activity masked (once VPN set up on device)

Cons

• Sometimes more expensive than paid proxies
  • If VPN provider keeps logs then these may be obtained by the authorities

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Now go to step 2 Creating a virtual machine and securing your computer/data

I should have thought about this weeks ago.  Good call

Rezz

VMWARE and Kali Linux. You can mask/change your laptops M.A.C addy and router IP and if you find a compatible gaming laptop that allows Kali to using the computers GPU that way you can download the PWNED PASSWORDS V3 file and run a brute force attack on any type of encrypted wifi network in under a hour instead of a few days. PWNED PASSWORDS a 500 million password attack file. You need a kali linux compatible gaming laptop and most importantly a wifi network adapter that has a chipset that can go into monitor mode and do packet injection. Packet injection is needed in order to get a handshake from your own personal router you're attacking. Without the handshake you cant run the attack.

I went around computer shops and tested the wifi adapters to see is they are compatable

This command will tell you if your adapter can handle monitor mode  airmon-ng start wlan0 or wlan ect. What ever your interface is called

iwconfig will tell you the name of the interfaces wlan0 or wlan or wlan0mon. One of these will be connect to your adapter and will say so

the final test is to see if packet injection works

type in aireplay-ng -test and then the name of the interface that's connected to you adapter. This will tell you if your adapter can do packet injection.

If all works well you can now be able to crack your own router in the event you lose that sticker that's on your router and shows your network password. 

• Like 1

Mush Zombie

You never did tell us how that ip masking stuff you used to do works @Rezz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1