Welcome to Shroomology

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bluecollarirons

Spawn Too Dry?

11 posts in this topic

3rd time trying to post this.. Hope if works this time..

My lowdown>

Liquid culture colonized with south american.

WBS and rye cleaned and soaked in hot water for 2-3 hours. 1/16 hole in metal lid, tyvec on top of lid with high temp gasket maker on the tyvec. Pressure cooked at 15psi for 15 min.

My question is how dry can the spawn get? It seems dry to me but this is my first time doing this tek. I usually do verm/BRF cakes.

soaked in.. cold water or hot?

I dont think thats enough time for rye, and you might be better off using one or the other and following a specific grain spawn tek for that grain.

if your soaking..... minimum 24 hours for any grain and 15 psi for 15 min????? its 15 psi for 90 min

Edited by BEYOND2

if your soaking..... minimum 24 hours for any grain and 15 psi for 15 min????? its 15 psi for 90 min

Soak 24 hours for WBS to? I always for  boil water and pour over and cover bucket for about 1. maybe 2 hours tops.

But we all can agree that its , PC 15 PSI for 90 mins or more.

Soak 24 hours for WBS to? I always for  boil water and pour over and cover bucket for about 1. maybe 2 hours tops.

But we all can agree that its , PC 15 PSI for 90 mins or more.

ya i do 24 hour soaks for all grains but whatever works for you keep doing it 

I hate grains I would rather just spawn brf

^^^^hahaha

i see a lot of contamination in your future bulk grows.

Thanks for getting back to me guys.. Soak longer, got it.. As for 90 min thats way over kill and unnecessary.  . The only contamination thats gonna affect a grow is mold and fungus. There is no mild or fungus that u would need to worry about that lives in that high of temp and pressure for more than 3 or 4 min. No household mold is an extreamaphile. These things grow outdoors where there is tons of mold and contams..People don't realize how hot those jars get and how fast. I have been doing BRF for years and have never once had a contam problem. I always go 15 min. The let cool over night. There is still pressure and heat in the pot about 2 hours after u turn the burner off. Those jars heat through and through and get more than hot enough. 90 min is a waste of time. U can run another 3 pot fulls at that point.. Just fyi

Thanks for the tips..

I wasn't talking to you when i said that. i was talking to the member who said they want to use brf as spawn.

you forgot about bacterial endospores, in the knowledge of common household molds. this is why we pressure cook things for 90 min. trust me it's not over kill esp when it comes to grain spawn.

1 person likes this