any opinion on dmt?

mushmouth

Here's mine...

Now I must let you know that I have yet to take a third hit, I may need to find help to get that accomplished, and have only done it a hand full of times, all of which were in the last 2 weeks. So I probably don't have a very accurate view of the whole thing, which is why I would really like to hear your opinion on it.

I can honestly say that the visual patterns are freaking incredible. They come from all directions, eyes open or closed. Incredibly intricate designs with audio... the whole nine yards. It's like all of the visuals of a nice acid trip mushed into about 20 minutes. Fine, that's awesome. I'll def do it again. But what I don't get from dmt, like I do from mush, is the feeling like the Being Behind the Universe is controlling the trip. A few months ago I ate some cambo, turns out it's a 25 ft., yellow and grey, mechanical squid shooting out information from it's tentacles making the universe bigger and bigger. And that crazy shit seemed very real at the time. Or like when I listen to music and I start believing that it's just alien machines making noises.

Now I'm not trying to beat dmt up or anything but it kinda seems more like glitz and glamour than a real tripping balls mush study.

Am I doing it right? Maybe I need to go farther? Idk. What do you think?

• Like 1
Mush Zombie

IMG_20150807_010803.thumb.jpg.116f911ee2I've been contacted many times throughout my life but nothing as intense as in this backyard. Every time I trip I am contacted by something angry. This is what iI mean by there's always further to go. Keep pushing the limits and you will learn about yourself and about the unseen. If this is that is

Also I have not been using psilocybin lately. Its just not that time of year

• Like 1
SimplyShrooms

What have you been using if you don't mind me askin? 

• Like 1
Samwise

Hey dude, as Mush Zombie has said, there is always further to go!! I do resonate with your view point though, or at least I used to, until I had my one and only breakthrough experience...a large dose of DMT combined with a flawless vaping technique to induce a perfect DMT storm...the experience had themes of death, alien abduction, teleportation and magic and was without a doubt the single most amazing and baffling experience of my life. Words fail me, but I had a go and putting it into this medium below...

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=31081

It's funny you mention your squid encounter!! My only entity experience this far was on 10g of fresh Hawaiian Pan cyans ingested after a few grams of Syrian rue. Out of a chaotic mess of fractals and geometric patterns emerged this octopus, shimmering bioluminescent and electric blue, and it was studying me it seemed, peering at me with one eye as I later found out they do, it was funny as I've always thought they are cool animals but was not thinking about them at the time and did not expect to encounter something to be looking back at me, this was MY trip after all!! It then spurted out some colourful fractals at me, like they do with ink, almost like it was trying to communicate, before dissolving back from whence it came.

Funny as I had another great experience smoking DMT while on LSD (a really amazing and wondrous combo if you do it right, and we both discovered the power of throat singing!!) on a beautiful summer's day by a stream in some woods...one of my very good friends was with me and went first and after he vaped, he experienced this huge interdimensional cuttlefish come and embrace him with its tentacles!! He was quite freaked out to begin with but the cuttlefish made it clear it came in peace and just wanted to check him out and say hello...as the trip progressed it slipped back yonder. So they definitely crop up the old cephalopods, we certainly aren't alone in experiencing them!

Terrence McKenna had some interesting musings on cephalopods...

“Nature, in her evolutionary and morphogenetic richness, has offered a compelling model for us to follow in the shamanic task of re-sacralization and self-transformation that lies ahead. The totemic animal image for the future human to model is the octopus. This is because the cephalopods, the squids and octopi, lowly creatures though they may seem, have perfected a form of communication that is both psychedelic and telepathic — an inspiring model for the human communications of the future.”— Food of the Gods, 1992

• Like 2
mushmouth

What have you been using if you don't mind me askin? 

The shorter lasting variety :D

• Like 1
mushmouth

IMG_20150807_010803.thumb.jpg.116f911ee2I've been contacted many times throughout my life but nothing as intense as in this backyard. Every time I trip I am contacted by something angry. This is what iI mean by there's always further to go. Keep pushing the limits and you will learn about yourself and about the unseen. If this is that is

A spooky story trip?!?! Aww shit! I HAVE to get the 3rd one in somehow.

I'm finding that mushrooms induce a very child-like quality.  This is a property I was more-so expecting to come from mescaline because I heard a lot about that, but they activate the same receptor so mushrooms definitely do it too.  Any ways, when I was really young and I mean like as young as I can possibly remember I was just sitting in my room and I saw one big orange/gold phosphene in the shape of a human body approach me.  This freaked me out as a kid.

I had to google phospene :P

• Like 1

A spooky story trip?!?! Aww shit! I HAVE to get the 3rd one in somehow.

I had to google phospene :P

Maybe your place just isn't spooky enough or something... psychedelics are really random in that really significant things can happen to you on the lower doses, but they never happen on the higher ones.

• Like 1
mushmouth

Hey dude, as Mush Zombie has said, there is always further to go!! I do resonate with your view point though, or at least I used to, until I had my one and only breakthrough experience...a large dose of DMT combined with a flawless vaping technique to induce a perfect DMT storm...the experience had themes of death, alien abduction, teleportation and magic and was without a doubt the single most amazing and baffling experience of my life. Words fail me, but I had a go and putting it into this medium below...

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=31081

It's funny you mention your squid encounter!! My only entity experience this far was on 10g of fresh Hawaiian Pan cyans ingested after a few grams of Syrian rue. Out of a chaotic mess of fractals and geometric patterns emerged this octopus, shimmering bioluminescent and electric blue, and it was studying me it seemed, peering at me with one eye as I later found out they do, it was funny as I've always thought they are cool animals but was not thinking about them at the time and did not expect to encounter something to be looking back at me, this was MY trip after all!! It then spurted out some colourful fractals at me, like they do with ink, almost like it was trying to communicate, before dissolving back from whence it came.

Funny as I had another great experience smoking DMT while on LSD (a really amazing and wondrous combo if you do it right, and we both discovered the power of throat singing!!) on a beautiful summer's day by a stream in some woods...one of my very good friends was with me and went first and after he vaped, he experienced this huge interdimensional cuttlefish come and embrace him with its tentacles!! He was quite freaked out to begin with but the cuttlefish made it clear it came in peace and just wanted to check him out and say hello...as the trip progressed it slipped back yonder. So they definitely crop up the old cephalopods, we certainly aren't alone in experiencing them!

Terrence McKenna had some interesting musings on cephalopods...

“Nature, in her evolutionary and morphogenetic richness, has offered a compelling model for us to follow in the shamanic task of re-sacralization and self-transformation that lies ahead. The totemic animal image for the future human to model is the octopus. This is because the cephalopods, the squids and octopi, lowly creatures though they may seem, have perfected a form of communication that is both psychedelic and telepathic — an inspiring model for the human communications of the future.”— Food of the Gods, 1992

Samwise, that was awesome. I'm glad you commented here. I heard McKenna talk about cephalopods right after I had that trip. Almost scared me, lol. In your link at the end you describe how you felt about the brain being able to do such things... I can relate. Almost every time I study I'm blown away by that same thought.

A few days ago I tried it for the first time. Oh man. The first thing that came to me was that my brain was asking me, "Do you realize how deep I can go?" Almost like a, " Are you sure you want to know?" Yeah fucker, I wanna know.

What was the vape you used?

Maybe your place just isn't spooky enough or something... psychedelics are really random in that really significant things can happen to you on the lower doses, but they never happen on the higher ones.

Town home scene. No woods nor nothin. Not very creepy huh :(

• Like 1
Mush Zombie

Yeah I mean every hallucinogen

has its limits and then it has the space beyond those limits. Some psychedelics do different shit for me than others. This particular substance iI have experienced telepathy and clairvoyance. In the higher dosages I've experienced some unexplainable shit. Everyone has different qualities. Some will never know though

• Like 1
Town home scene. No woods nor nothin. Not very creepy huh :(

I'm in a woodsy area, but I've really yet to go out to the "full" woods.

• Like 1
mushmouth

Here's another thing I like about it... I've been waking up with a lot more energy and earlier. The good mood starts as soon as I open my eyes. Does anyone else get that effect?

• Like 2

Here's another thing I like about it... I've been waking up with a lot more energy and earlier. The good mood starts as soon as I open my eyes. Does anyone else get that effect?

You mean after it wore off - like the next day after you use it?

Idk about MZ, but I use 10 grams of crack cocaine every day. It's very entheogenic after you've been awake for 3 weeks straight. Kappa :P

Can't tell if srs or not

• Like 2
mushmouth

Well, it wears off in 20 or 30 minutes. I mean completely. So by 8:00 pm I'm usually feeling totally normal, maybe a little happier. But all this week I've been a morning person. No snooze button 5 times. As soon as the alarm clock goes off my eyes open and I'm in a great mood. That is def not my usual morning gig,

• Like 2
mushmouth

That was great MZ. I have to admit I am sometimes on the side of using psychs just for getting high, mostly in my earlier years. But a meaningful study is priceless to me. I hope that comes across in my original comment here. It might not, because I sometimes come here and make an ass of myself just to get a laugh :headbang:

So what I'm hearing you say is that I could get those meaningful studies from the psych in question by practicing this type of meditation? That would be cool. Thanks for the link MZ.

• Like 1
Mush Zombie

yes. your mind will already be trained to filter out the bullshit, basically. a lot of people struggle with this and they never really experience the real experience. getting caught up in fabrication

• Like 1
TentacleFace

Focus on the Cephalopodians, let them tether to your outer-self and envelop you. They will show you amazing, and horrible things. Fore-bearers of manifestation and destruction. Tentacled mandala are the gated portals to where they dwell.

• Like 2
Samwise

Great thread guys! Have been meaning to make meditation a daily practice (it not only has many benefits as a stand alone practice, but seems to synergise well with psychedelics and out of body experience stuff too). Shamatha sounds exactly the kind of thing I want to pursue as well so this is really timely.

mushmouth - when I vaped I used a pipe very similar to the one pictured. The DMT dose was high (hadn't done it in ages and didn't weigh it out, on subsequent weighing I reckon it was around 100mg), and I used a candle to vape some mimosa extracted DMT...I'm sure there are better pipes than this for the job but the vaping technique using the candle as well as the dose used really just lined up in a perfect DMT storm this time...I only managed to get a single lungful but that was really all I needed or was capable of!

glass pipe.jpg

Edited by Samwise
  • Like 1
mushmouth

I agree. I really like where this thread has been.

I like that vape because of the coil in it. Mine has a restrictor in it but I'm still getting build up getting closer and closer to my lips.

I think I did the same thing as you described with the large dose. It hit me before I blew it out. It's not just glitz and glamour, lol. I think the problem was that I didn't reach out soon enough. I didn't have anyone with me to tell me there's more. Holy crap, there is more.

Focus on the Cephalopodians, let them tether to your outer-self and envelop you. They will show you amazing, and horrible things. Fore-bearers of manifestation and destruction. Tentacled mandala are the gated portals to where they dwell.

Love it.

• Like 1