any opinion on dmt?

Samwise

Yeah this pipe design, while maybe not perfect, was a big help. I seal off the pipe with foil and make a few tiny holes in this prior to vaping, and there is another hole on one of the coils. This makes it really easy to inhale and hold with very little discomfort. Some DMT crystallises on the coil prior to inhalation but no biggie I think...before this I used a light bulb pipe that lacked any air flow at all, and this made the DMT vapour really hot, prone to being burnt, and taste revolting, I nearly gave up on vaping actually until I changed pipes and realised what I had been doing wrong.

Cthulhu.jpg

• Like 2
Samwise

My DMT breakthrough experience was amazing, but in some ways it was just too much!! I do find mushrooms more user friendly and useful in some respects...at high enough doses they can sometimes take you to a similar space (especially after having experienced DMT) but I find it warmer and slower in motion and easier to bring lessons back and remember insights. DMT, for me, in pure form at least tends to be serious in tone, if not menacing at times. I don't get this vibe from mushrooms even when they have kicked my arse in the past.

A nice introductory guided Shamatha-Vipassana mindfulness guide here for any peeps interested.

http://crossrivermeditation.com/shamathavipassana-practice/

• Like 2
mushmouth

My DMT breakthrough experience was amazing, but in some ways it was just too much!! I do find mushrooms more user friendly and useful in some respects...at high enough doses they can sometimes take you to a similar space (especially after having experienced DMT) but I find it warmer and slower in motion and easier to bring lessons back and remember insights. DMT, for me, in pure form at least tends to be serious in tone, if not menacing at times. I don't get this vibe from mushrooms even when they have kicked my arse in the past.

A nice introductory guided Shamatha-Vipassana mindfulness guide here for any peeps interested.

Great description. I agree. DMT visuals get pretty frantic and straight up in your face. Shewee.

• Like 1
Mush Zombie

Shamatha is very easy. When iI first started I used a flame. I concentrated on the flame until there was nothing but the flame. Not even myself. Eventually you go to different objects of concentration for different purposes.Click the link I posted and find the four bases of power. Those come after the flame.

I have to disagree that the link here is a good reference. They are confusing shamatha with vipassana. these are two totally different practices, and cannot be lumped together. they are talking only about vipassana in that link. the best place to get information about the two is the pali cannon (translated which is what i posted). shamatha is refered to as concentration. vipassana is referred to as mindfulness.

you wont master either of them if you dont learn the difference between the two, and how/when to practice them both. that link is only talking about vipassana. you should not start with vipassana. you should start with shamatha. right concentration must be mastered before right mindfulness

• Like 1

Ah nice one dude thanks for the clarification on this. I have a candle which so I'll use it for this purpose. I'll be sure to check out the link you shared, thanks.

• Like 1
Mush Zombie

Concentration is needed for vipassana. No one will ever be able to be mindful of the fabrications of mind without first mastering the true power of concentration. You'll just be sitting there thinking. ;)

• Like 2

I'm trying to think if heating it to a gas and then making it go back into water would be more of a hassle than it is worth it.  I get the feeling it's not so stable in gas form.

mushmouth

All the smoke that I didn't breath turned to residue inside of the pipe. All the melted DMT stayed like oil but it lines the pipe and it's hard to see. I put a little heat on the pipe and all the res turned into oil and dripped back into the bulb. Fun few hrs. Probably could have done an extract on my oil burner.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

There's actually a specific section in the Wiki entry for DMT that talks about humanoid, fractal "machine elves" similar to what you described.  It's even noted in scholarly Psychology journals.

• Like 1
mushmouth

There's actually a specific section in the Wiki entry for DMT that talks about humanoid, fractal "machine elves" similar to what you described.  It's even noted in scholarly Psychology journals.

Yep. A lot of very smart people are talking about this lately. I was listening to NPR on my way home today. They were playing an old interview with a neurologist who passed away yesterday. He studied hallucinations and why we have them. He got into the field because of the trips he took in the 60s and 70s.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 8/30/2015 at 5:02 PM, mushmouth said:

Sorry to bring this up again guys. But I have to put this down.

I met the spirit guides last night. I was at the end of this extract so I figured I'd go out with a bang. So, I loaded it with a large amount. I took a very big hit and knew this was going to be different before I blew it out. Everything mushed into each other like usual but the humming was getting stronger.

The first guide I saw was about 10' away from me but it's lips were mushed down at me doing all this crazy shit. I started to get scared right here so I opened my eyes but it was still there, eyes wide open. I closed my eyes again and it began firing all these colors and shapes. It got so intense that I began to think that I had fucked up. I couldn't tell what was real or not. I started thinking that I wouldn't be able to come back from this one. At this point I was almost terrified. I was focusing on how scared I was. Another guide started telling me to "FUCKING WATCH." I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted out. I opened my eyes but couldn't recognize anything in my living room so it was no help. Closed my eyes, "FUCKING WATCH!!!" I think my brain was about to explode and I was getting ready scream uncle when everything kind of seemed to stop building. So I stood there watching this shit going on still incredibly scared. I said "What the fuck is going on? What the fuck is this?" I was almost angry because of the way they were fucking with me.

"Can you see us?"

Yes I can fucking see you! What the fuck is happening? Is this it? Did I make it?

Just as sure as I'm sitting at this laptop writing this, the guide looking over my right shoulder looked at me from the corner of his eyes and said " Fuck yeah you made it" and smiled at me. He walked out in front of me and they all gathered together in front of me waving. I can't believe this is happening. I stood there looking at them completely awestruck.

I remember an experiment that Ethan was doing. He was prob getting more flack about it than what he deserved. He stopped his experiment so in my own way I tried to bring him back to the experiment by telling him to put his pants back on... and some other stuff, lol. This is the tactic the guides were using on me this whole time, in the last few weeks, to get me to where I was.

At this point I knew they were very caring beings and wanted nothing but good for me. They kind of faded into the background and were gone. I came out trying to figure out what time it was and what had happened earlier in the day. I had NO idea of ether. I spent the next 15 minutes leaning forward with my face in my hands contemplating what just happened.

Are they real? Can you go to them with a math problem and have them work it out? At this point I don't even care. I love them.

This is a  fucking WILD summary brother, and I love it :headbang:

• Like 2