• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

sporeboyz

Potato Dextrose Agar (PDA) Tek

Mush Zombie

nice pda is the shit. ive found it has less issues with condensation than the MYA. might just be me though

• Like 1

sporeboyz

I found this true also MZ.  MYA Just wasn't working for me, so I needed an alternative and I always did like PDA but it is very pricy on line. This was very cheap :)  Also Like the clarity of it as well

Edited by sporeboyz

Mush Zombie

PDA also takes a lot of effort to make. You can use the hippy piss LC tek, just add 10g agar to 500 ML of the hippy piss and pressure cook

sporeboyz

I didn't find that to be the case at all. The only possible "hard"? part was getting the starch. But it was more fun than hard IMO. No messing with boiling potatoes and all that infusion stuff. Easy Peasy :)

Mush Zombie

Not hard.. Just effort and time. With mya I just mix water karo agar and malt! I use hippy piss agar now and malt/karo for lc only. I don't peel the skin either

• Like 2

mushmouth

So, is the corn starch what I'm using when I make hippy piss?

sporeboyz

Never made hippy piss but for LC I use just karo and distilled water. Thats whats worked for me anyway (and that is corn sugar in picture) not starch

Edited by sporeboyz

Mush Zombie

If you have a hard time finding the ingredients for PDA just convert the hippy piss  into agar. Its very good for me. Much better than mya IMO. If I had  all the stuff for PDA I'd make it too. Its very good