Welcome to Shroomology

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

stnulberom

First Time Flow Hood Attempt

28 posts in this topic

I'm making a flow hood today and maybe a clean room. Materials I have are 2 462cfm 15"x15" HEPA filters, 1 6" 435 cfm valuline inline fan, a big pile of wood, lots of tools, and a car to drive to home depot and lowes. Pics to follow. My intention is to use it for mycology obviously but also cannabis tissue culture and cloning. I also have a few 20"x20" furnace filters for pre filters. Don't act like you're not impressed ;) . post-383-0-43661800-1347284016_thumb.jpg

LOL nice man. I love to see homemade weapons against contaminants! I am on the edge of my seat for the pics!!

Damn...............lol

very nice grow room, haves some real fat tops, they almost ready!

Got my attention !!! Peace **D**

Are you putting your hepa side by side? 15x15 is kinda small by itself lol Looking forward to seeing this go down!

I will order a bigger filter next time and I am debating putting both side by side right now but honestly I'm going to seal the room and have the hepa filter recirculating the room air so it should be fine or it may end up an epic fail in which case I will not stop until I am victorious. That room is long and gone, I sure miss that sour diesel.

SOUR DIESLE?!? that's my love:)

MMMMM, SD, i thought those beautifull buds looked familiar Peace **D**

The Sour Diesel was an S1 from a dude and I can't wait to do another crop of her. She's one of my inspirations for building this flow hood or whatever I end up with. I have lost too many awesome cannabis strains to not learn tissue culture. Well I measured wrong and now my hepa filter box is a little ghetto pimping, I could of re cut two pieces and it would of been an easy fix but I busted out the 1x2's instead and went crazy. Used up a whole tube of dynaflex 203 sealing it up, almond color in case anyone cares. Tonight I will be installing the fan after the caulk has had enough time to cure some and sealing the piss out of it as well.

HOLY SHIT! I JUST BUSTED A NUT! :hippie:

1 person likes this

Be careful swinging that hammer busting a nut is no joke BIL. It may be a little ghetto but i think it will work only thing I didn't do is screw the hepa filter in place because I didn't have small enough screws but I may be installing it in an old grow cabinet so hopefully all is well when said or done.

looks good, man you must have like 4000 watts on them MJ, killer once again.

looks good, man you must have like 4000 watts on them MJ, killer once again.

That was a mixed strain grow and 6k overhead air cooled in the last shot. Strains were sour diesel, grape kush, super silver sour diesel haze, lemon cake, OG#18, SR71 Purple Kush, and SFV OG. I have more to share in a few weeks once my bitches get on and popping again but this time it will be white fire og kush, bubba kush katsu cut, and some new clones I picked up, sour purple og or something like that. Just trying to spread the love as this site has helped me out a lot. Almost every member on this thread has helped me understand the basics of mycology, thanks.
2 people like this

Way to go my friend!! WootWoot. I love how im flipping threw the pics and...BAM MJ IN YO FACE....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM So ive never used or built a FH. The fan pulls air through or pushes it out the hole? and you work in front of the hole? Thanks Man. Peace BE

It is supposed to blow air through the hepa filter. I sealed the fan in last night with spray foam and and going to secure the fan right now with 2x4's and fire my bad bitch up! Pics to follow and I will try to censor the mj pics I didn't mean to offend anyone in a non medical state. :P

I will try to censor the mj pics I didn't mean to offend anyone in a non medical state. :P

they just need to Move then ^_^

Flow hood works great no detectable leaks and no back pressure on fan seems a match made in heaven! Next post will include pics and updates on my first lc attempts...

post-383-0-43596900-1347412497_thumb.jpg post-383-0-70326700-1347412540_thumb.jpg One batch looks contaminated I believe the other batch looks like its growing fluffy white stuff which I believe is a good thing.

The clear ones look good for sure...great work !!!! Peace **D**

I thought I did alot of LC's and all quart jars dammmm.LC for years

I figured most would contam to be honest I mean I already have 50% casualties. Should I leave them at room temp now that the survivors have actual growth or put them in a mini fridge? I'm off to the lc section to read.