• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mush Zombie

This is Cobweb Mold

Question

11 answers to this question

BrutalityIsLaw

Holy Sh*t those are some extreme cases of cobweb for sure. Great pictures to show people what it really looks like in different cases. Knowing your contams is a very important part of mycology. Good stuff as always MZ.

• Like 2

Dozzer

Holy webs ... That is for sure an extream case of the webs...I think a little more than a little H202 is needed to get that under controle...but I did have one cake long ago that recovered, it wsa bad, but nothing like that...WOW Great information, I like how your dooing seperate threads for each tam, keeps the clutter down withing a dedicated thread, might want to put admin aproval on these threads to prevent miss diagnosed tam pics from showing up...just a thought Peace **D**

• Like 1

Dozzer

to be honest no one here will be able to identify a mold from a picture. you need a microscope for that, or send it to a company like mold lab. So at the end of the day it doesnt really matter what anyone says, I just want to get the point across that you never know what a mold is by looking at the coloration, and to dispell this bullshit about how Trichoderma is harmless and its okay to eat. Its not okay, you can get real sick from it.

I never mess with anything that looks tamed...Ill always do a swab test for bruising or not bruising...but hell Ive read that Trich was harmeless, but never once believed it was...people saying this and that to make you believe the BS...tams are not to be messed with, I learnt this from you rite off the bat in my very first ST thread and have lived by that since...only sickness Ive seen from my harvests is a belly ach from the Mushroom Body. IF they dont look rite, they are trash to me Peace **D**
  • Like 2

WyLee

Thank you for posting this! Really weird that you did too bc I kept dreaming about cobweb last night coming up with pics in my head of what it could possibly look like. I kept dreaming of the white stringy stuff that grows on cacti and thinking that's what it would look like, lol. Now I know, thanks :)

drewmaster

Hey guys, anyone got any pics of Cobb web mold on grain? Thanks, Drewmaster

AUM_Shanti

Hello. I am trying to grow in a new environment here. I am using the no fail wbs tec. Well here is where the cobweb comes in to this question. I couldn't do g2g right away and noticed cobweb in jar about 2 days after PC the WBS. Not sure where contam is coming from. I am wondering if I were to let the WBS sit wet for 2 days before PC if this would allow any spores to germinate allowing the PC to kill it.

Mush Zombie

Hello. I am trying to grow in a new environment here. I am using the no fail wbs tec. Well here is where the cobweb comes in to this question. I couldn't do g2g right away and noticed cobweb in jar about 2 days after PC the WBS. Not sure where contam is coming from. I am wondering if I were to let the WBS sit wet for 2 days before PC if this would allow any spores to germinate allowing the PC to kill it.

this topic is almost 2 years old. start a new one and many people will help you out

mycolangelo

Can anyone lend an opinion this is my first coco verm tray and I'm not sure if it's contaminated any help would be greatly appreciated 906bc8502c1c32e4de531a515210023c.jpg

Mush Zombie

looks ok

righitter420
On 9/26/2014 at 7:20 PM, mycolangelo said:

Can anyone lend an opinion this is my first coco verm tray and I'm not sure if it's contaminated any help would be greatly appreciated 906bc8502c1c32e4de531a515210023c.jpg

it looks ok to me