Welcome to Shroomology

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mushmouth

Pf Tek | Easy BRF Cakes Mushroom Growing Method

51 posts in this topic

Great write up! Cakes.. really takes me back. :thumbs_up:

1 person likes this

Thanks OB. Yea, I had a good time with this grow.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Mush Zombie said:

Thank you @mushmouth for this great tek. 4+ years after shroomology's first appearance online it receives its first pf tek :P

Np, MZ. Like I said, it's not the easiest way to grow. But definitely good times ;)

1 person likes this

Nice read with some coffee!  Sweet write up

1 person likes this

My first attempts to cultivate mushrooms were with pf tek. This takes me back a few years :D

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, SuperMushroom said:

My first attempts to cultivate mushrooms were with pf tek. This takes me back a few years :D

T'was a trip   :smiley-shocked010:

1 person likes this

Thank you soooo much for this tutorial! I've been doing research on the potential of psilocybin to relieve anxiety, OCD, and/or depression. My psychiatrist also gave me a green light. If this works, it could substantial change my life for the better! Can you please clarify my inquiries below?

1. Can someone please show me where to purchase high quality spore syringe?

2. I don't quit understand the step "misting and fanning." I suppose it is to increase the humidity of the environment, but why am I inducing moisture and fanning (drying) it at the same time.

3. What did you mean by "flushing the cakes?"

Thank you in advance for your reply.

You're welcome, v. I hope it can help.

1. http://sourceofspores.com/

2. Mush fruiting is triggered by evaporation. But you have to keep the myc quenched. I mist and fan 3 or 4 times a day for 5 minutes to get plenty of evap. CO2 also builds up in the tub which you want a certain amount of so if you fan only 3 or 4 times a day it seems to balance out well.

3. Flushing the cakes means "pick" them. Just rock them back and forth and they'll come off without too much damage to the cake.

Have fun v.

1 person likes this

This is the tek I am going to use for my first time growing. From what I have seen this seems to be the easiest in my opinion. It looks like I will be starting tomorrow night. I can't wait to start my grow log and figure out with all the steps what works and what doesn't. I am nervous but anxious for the results in a month from now. Great post and thanks for sharing! 

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Ms506s said:

This is the tek I am going to use for my first time growing. From what I have seen this seems to be the easiest in my opinion. It looks like I will be starting tomorrow night. I can't wait to start my grow log and figure out with all the steps what works and what doesn't. I am nervous but anxious for the results in a month from now. Great post and thanks for sharing! 

You're right, its easy. But really its all easy... get a PC, and the sky is the limit. Once you go bulk youll wonder why you fucked with cakes...

2 people like this

Mush, I am sure you are right lol. 

1 person likes this

Great write up enjoyable to read. Does the BRF cakes produce it's first flush faster then the dubs or around the same amount of time? 

Thank you DD. It was def a collaboration between me and MZ. He supplied the great tek writing skills.

Ime it's about the same after put into fruiting conditions. But with cakes you don't need the spawn run.

1 person likes this

So your basicly shaveing 10 days off the spawn run timing but your looseing out on the quantity of the bulk. So I guess if you needed some prints or a cloan then I guess I see a reason but with the new information out expect ally here on ology I just don't really see a point. Maybe I'm missing something?

1 person likes this

You are correct. The dub tub mist and fan tek is how I grow now. Easier and more mush.

When I first started growing I couldn't remember what the effects of mush were really like. But I was curious again about psychs. I had 2 choices, buy a few small bags of such and such to make cakes or buy a few huge bags of such and such to grow in tubs. So because I wasn't sure if I'd like mush I decided to try cakes.

I had a great time with this grow though and my early cake grows taught me a lot.

2 people like this

Well I see that as being a learning experience to help learn the process of growing mush. I just see the better potential for bulk then cakes.

And my point about needing less material for cakes?

Yea I also see that if you are limited to supplys then by all means. I am not downing on cakes they are interesting to see just not for me.

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

mush, I see in the picture you have 5 holes, one in the middle. But reading through you say to do 4. While I wait for my WBS to colonize with Myc, I have all the materials for the cake tek and was thinking about doing this today since I have nothing else to do. Should there be 5 or 4 holes

1 person likes this

You can do either. In this grow I didn't use the hole in the middle to noc but it might speed things up if you do.

1 person likes this

You can do either. In this grow I didn't use the hole in the middle to noc but it might speed things up if you do.

I figured since I have spores lying around I miseawell do this which is a lot easier to prep for than the dub tub. I'll give it a shot. The jars just finished PC.

sent from the world of magic

I figured since I have spores lying around I miseawell do this which is a lot easier to prep for than the dub tub. I'll give it a shot. The jars just finished PC.

So no tyvek, just the micropore tape?

Awesome. Can't wait to see what you get. You'll have a good time.

No tyvek. Instead, you're using a layer of dry verm as a tam barrier. That's why it's very important to wipe the inside of the jars above the cake before putting the dry verm in. If there's anything mold can use to follow into the cake it will use it.

Good luck Ms.

Awesome. Can't wait to see what you get. You'll have a good time.

No tyvek. Instead, you're using a layer of dry verm as a tam barrier. That's why it's very important to wipe the inside of the jars above the cake before putting the dry verm in. If there's anything mold can use to follow into the cake it will use it.

Good luck Ms.

Nocc tonight! I had to redo the batch. Earlier yesterday water must have creeped in BC brf was everywhere after I undid the foil. This time I mixed verm and water then added brf and got a better mix and wiped the jars clean and rest with verm. Two layers of foil and didn't cover the holes with tape. I added more height to the PC inside so the jars were up higher as well. I'll look at then when I get home tonight.

1 person likes this