Hello everyone. Here's a PF tek method I used a few times before I found MZs dub tubs. It worked well but it's not the easiest way to grow mushrooms. However, it did come in handy for me when I first started growing, in that I didn't need to buy huge sacks of stuff only to find out that the experience wasn't for me. Needless to say, I've been having a blast  This is a big thread but I love pics. I hope you do too. Materials Required:

1/2 pint wide mouth canning jars (you must have wide mouth don't make a mistake)
Pot/Pressure cooker (you should use a pressure cooker, but can boil the substrate jars in a pot for 90 minutes)
Medium or Coarse Grade Vermiculite
Perlite
Brown rice/Brow Rice Flour (if you get brown rice use a coffee grinder to turn it into flour)
Auminum foil
70% Isopropyl alcohol and lysol or similar
Plastic Tote
1/8 inch drill bit/Drill
Hammer/Nail
Mixing bowl and spoon
Spore syringe
Latex gloves
Dust mask
Lighter   Step 1: Modifying the substrate jar lids Using the hammer and the nail mentioned in the materials required, or a 1/8" drill bit and drill, make 4 holes in the lid, evenly spaced around the perimeter of all of the the jar lids. These holes will serve as our inoculation holes, and gas exchange holes so the mycelium that grows can breath.     Section 2: BRF Substrate Preparation BRF Cake Recipe 2 parts coarse or medium vermiculite 1 part brown rice flower 1 part distilled water   Using the 1/2 pint mason jar as a measuring cup, add your ingredients. Simply fill the ingredients to the first line of the jar. This leaves room for the contamination barrier that will be discussed later. You do not want to fill the jars with substrate completely. If this method is not anal enough for you use these measurements:   1 cup brown rice flour 1 cup water 2 cups vermiculite   So, add 2 brown rice flower and 4 coarse or medium verm. into a large bowl and mix gently. Be sure to mix the substrate very well.   Now add 2 distilled water and gently mix. Again be sure to mix very well.     Section 3: Filling the substrate jars with the BRF formula Fill the jars with the BRF substrate. WARNING: Do not fill the jars completely. Leave a 1/2" area unfilled. DO NOT compress the substrate. Keep it light and airy.     Now wipe the inside of the jar really well. This is part of the contamination barrier so you don't want any nutrients left behind for the bad guys to follow into the cakes.   This part can be done with medium or fine vermiculite. Fill the rest of the jar with the dry vermiculite then put the lids on and cover with foil.   Cover them well with aluminum foil, because you don't want water from the PC to get into the barrier.     Section 4: Pressure cooking the jars for low risk of contamination   Now pressure cook the the substrate jars that you have completed for 90 minutes at 15 psi. Here's how I set my PC up for 1/2 pint jars. It allows me to put more water in. After PCing do not turn the jars upside down. Add spare jar rings, or aluminum foil compressed to about 1" thickness so that the tray that goes in the bottom of the pressure cooker can sit evenly on top of them, and not tilt around. This will prevent the jars from sitting in water, which could splash up and get under the foil possibly.   Step 5: Inoculation I took extra precaution here and used a glove box with the usual sterile technique. Lysol, rubber gloves, alcohol and flame. When using the PF tek you should be using some kind of glovebox, or still air box for inoculation. If you can manage to get by without one, congratulations. Inoculation should be done as quickly as possible, without fumbling around. To inoculate, put your needle on your spore syringe, and insert the needle into the holes you made in the jar lids. Make sure you aim the needle at the side of the glass not into the substrate. Wipe your needle with alcohol before and after you noc any jar.
Wipe your lids with alcohol before you stick the needle through the tyvek.
Cover holes with micropore tape, to keep contamination out!
    Can you see the syringe aimed at the jar? Inoculate all four holes in each jar this way. After all the jars are inoculated cover the holes with micropore tape. Micropore tape is simply cloth medical tape. You can get it at any pharmacy. Do not buy the plastic kind with holes in it.   Step 6: Incubation Incubation doesnt really need to be anything special. The optimal temperature for psilocybe cubensis mycelium is 85* F, however the mycelium does generate it's own heat. The correct incubation temperature of pf tek substrate jars is between 75, and 80* F, with 77* F being the sweet spot. You can usually stick the pf tek jars in the cabinet above your refrigerator if you have one. If your house stays really cold you should consider building an incubator. You can find plenty of incubator teks here If you have to stack the brf substrate jars, do it like this. The temperature should be around 75*f to 80*f.   After 7 days you may peek. This will be the time to toss any jars that don't look right. When they are 100% white let them incubate for another 7 days.   The Dunk Most people refer to this part of the pf tek as the dunk and roll. Dunking is an important part of the tek, and no you dont need to be super sterile and all that. What we are doing is allowing the substrate to regain hydration that it lost over the period of time it took for the mycelium to colonize it. This will improve yield substantially. Get you a tub of luke warm tap water ready.   Birth the cakes, rinse them under the faucet and put them in the tub of water. Handle them gently.   Put another tub on top of the cakes to keep them submerged. Also put the empty jars in the top tub to ensure the cakes stay submerged, and to weigh them down a bit. You only want to submerge them. They don't need to be at the bottom of the tub.   Put them in a closet for 24 hrs.   Setting Up The Fruiting Chamber Get You some perlite. Soak it with luke warm tap water and dump it in your SGFC. Fill it about 3 inches high.   Place 6 lids on top of the perlite and fill them with fine or medium vermiculite.   Hold the lids and pour in distilled water until it runs through the holes.   The Roll The casing is 1 part peat moss, 1 part fine or medium vermiculite. Mix in a small bowl. You can omit the peat if you would like to and just use vermiculite.   Give the cakes one last rinse, roll them gently in the mixture and set them on the lids.   I stacked 4 of them.   Cover the tops with casing.   Fruiting Set them somewhere safe on the floor and keep the temperature below 72*f.   After they have sat for 2 hrs begin misting and fanning 4 times a day for 5 minutes.   When you see pins back off misting and fanning to a couple times a day and try not to get the pins wet. If you do just fan them dry.   Flushing Just after the veils break and before spores appear is the best time to flush the cakes.   Hold the cakes gently with gloved hands and rock the mushrooms back and forth until they break away. Try to do as little damage as possible to the cake.   These are from the last 2 cakes.