• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

mushmouth

Pf Tek | Easy BRF Cakes Mushroom Growing Method

mescawin

So I noticed that you have no holes in the bottom of your sgfc. The only tek to build one on here that I've seen, he made holes on every side, including the bottom and the lowest inches where perlite should go.

Has anyone noticed a difference? Will a fully holed sgfc work better than one with no bottom holes? Might it be better to reduce the drill bit size from 1/4th to 1/8th for only the bottom and perlite level sides?

LostAncestor
1 hour ago, mescawin said:

So I noticed that you have no holes in the bottom of your sgfc. The only tek to build one on here that I've seen, he made holes on every side, including the bottom and the lowest inches where perlite should go.

Has anyone noticed a difference? Will a fully holed sgfc work better than one with no bottom holes? Might it be better to reduce the drill bit size from 1/4th to 1/8th for only the bottom and perlite level sides?

I put holes around my entire tub and I believe it's the reason my shrooms were so small. Too much FAE! Once I blocked the holes with tape after my second flush my mushrooms were much bigger in size, but I have heard 2nd flush yields larger mushrooms:thinking:

• Like 2

mushmouth

Straight up with you... I didn't want water to get on my floor, lol.

• Like 2

DamionDeamon

Ok so now that im waiting and bored I am going to do some brf cakes despite my previous comments. I got my brf and verm gonna make them up tonight still got a lot to do today

• Like 2

mushmouth
2 hours ago, DamionDeamon said:

Ok so now that im waiting and bored I am going to do some brf cakes despite my previous comments. I got my brf and verm gonna make them up tonight still got a lot to do today

I knew you'd come around :thumbs_up:

Oyster posers never like to see people trying new things ;)

45 minutes ago, MushFlush said:

Pf-tek poser cake-fake off! ;)

You don't have to wink. I know ya love meh.

• Like 1

MushFlush

Touche, sir, touche. :P

• Like 1

DamionDeamon

I've never grown oysters 

• Like 2

MushFlush

Neither have I. :thinking:

• Like 2

MushFlush

Hmmmmm... what about quart jars with a grain lid? I could leave out the verm layer..I did get two free pounds of BRF from shroom supply.... I'm intrigued. What do you think MM? Do I need another project?

• Like 1

mushmouth

But the cakes would need to come out of the jars whole for a cake grow.

MushFlush

wide mouth, silly. Whole cake grow. Two big cakes in a modified dub. what do you think?

• Like 1

mushmouth

Love it. That would almost be as awesome as someone trying to grow APE on cakes ;)

MushFlush

I was thinking this texas lc is such an aggressive fruiter, might be a good candidate. I pitched my tubs today, and there was a ton of mush on the bottoms, it was practically a whole flush on its own..nootz.

who in their right mind would try and grow APE on cakes?? ;)

what about sawdust and brf? woodlover pf? there's a fucking challenge!

• Like 2

thekaratekid

Make a video of you birthing quart size cakes out of a wide mouth jar. That would be priceless:P

• Like 1

Ebola

How much would all this cost?

And how many grams does this method produce per harvest?

JasonP718

Would love to see a video of that as well. Last birthing of 1/2 pint jars left my hands sore and blood red 

DamionDeamon
21 hours ago, Ebola said:

How much would all this cost?

And how many grams does this method produce per harvest?

That is a number that is hard to give you every thing is different in ever grow but I do know of a guy on here who pulled over an ounce from 4. 1\2 pint brf cakes

• Like 1

mushmouth
5 hours ago, JasonP718 said:

Would love to see a video of that as well. Last birthing of 1/2 pint jars left my hands sore and blood red 

Did you let them consolidate for 7 to 10 days after 100% colonization?

JasonP718
14 hours ago, mushmouth said:

Did you let them consolidate for 7 to 10 days after 100% colonization?

Yes I did. I really don't pay attention to the days though honestly. They get birthed when there's a large number of pins. Like in this pic

20160512_001837.jpg

Seems though the more pins the tighter it gets against the glass lol

• Like 1

mushmouth

Why do you let them pin in the jar that much?

• Like 1

mescawin

Won't they pin more evenly in a sgfc or similar? On a similar note, what real problems are there with invitro?

JasonP718
3 hours ago, mushmouth said:

Why do you let them pin in the jar that much?

I was actually under the impression that I should let them pin that long in jar. It's also hard to keep track of. When they start to pin and are just tiny pins, to those nice sized pins is usually less than 24 hours. 

But it does seem to flush faster and larger mush when I do it this way vs when I see tiny pins. 

mushmouth
1 minute ago, JasonP718 said:

I was actually under the impression that I should let them pin that long in jar. It's also hard to keep track of. When they start to pin and are just tiny pins, to those nice sized pins is usually less than 24 hours. 

But it does seem to flush faster and larger mush when I do it this way vs when I see tiny pins. 

Do you take the pins off then dunk n roll?

JasonP718

1 hour ago, mushmouth said:

Do you take the pins off then dunk n roll?

No i don remove pins. I don't roll. I hold in my and use a spoon to evenly harvest. Coincidentally I just picked the cake that's in the pic. This is a pic of just a few off it. The 1s that were big pins inside. Newport 100s box for reference 

20160515_161335.jpg

• Like 1