• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• magicman

• Loneshroom

• mushmouth

• Don_Shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just obtained 2 Loph cacti, or Peyote plants, one is 5 years old, the other is 6 years old and came with a seed pod that had 6 or 7 seeds which I will be germinating ASAP and then I plan on grafting

I have seedlings! A bunch of the T. Bridgesii and T. Peruvianus have sprouted, and I even see 1 Loph seedling popping up. I am surprised that the 4yo cactus seeds are so viable. I will have more seedl

My 7yo Peyote cactus put out a flower! That means I should get a few more seeds soon  

Posted Images

magicman

A few weeks, ok. I was going to wait a full month until watering, then water every 2 weeks during summer. Does that sound right? Also, after the babies pop in the sand, how soon I can graft to the Pereoskopsis? I thought I read somewhere you can do it when they are only days or weeks old.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
mescawin

What size are you going to pot those in mm? Or doing outdoor grow eventually? I have tiny 2 inch cactus in a 11" wide and deep pot. Too big of a pot?

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

magicman

I plan on grafting the best ones to Pereskiopsis, then when they're big enough I will put them in their own pots. I'm no expert on cactus, I'm pretty new to growing them from seed. What kind of cactus are they? I'm assuming they're Trichs, they should be ok if they're 2" long, especially if there's a bunch clustered in that pot. I could be wrong, but that's my best guess.

• 1 month later...
wolfskin

damn this is super cool after i got a few flushes under my belt definitely gonna have to try this out. Is it anymore difficult than growing mushrooms?

magicman
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:15 PM, wolfskin said:

damn this is super cool after i got a few flushes under my belt definitely gonna have to try this out. Is it anymore difficult than growing mushrooms?

Growing cactus is very easy, you just need a lot of patience when growing from seed. Unless you graft the seedlings.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:23 PM, HoustonOnMush said:

Does anyone know a good way of making a good tea for san p cacti (T. Peruvianus )

If you Google it there will be a lot of picture teks. It's really easy- blend 12" or more of a section of cactus, boil for 4-5 hours, strain, boil again, combine liquids and drink. I would rather do an A/B extraction and isolate the pure mescaline crystals :) 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice looking setup, I'm following along!

Those Pereskiopsis look like they grow fast!

You do EbbnFlow or the pan is to collect runoff?

Niidaho

Looking good magic! They def grow a lot faster then I thought.how hard is the a b extraction?can anyone following the tec do it are u need to be a kitchen chemist kind of thing?

magicman
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 6:32 AM, Str0be said:

You do EbbnFlow or the pan is to collect runoff?

No its just to collect runoff from my veg plants, drains out into a bucket

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, Niidaho said:

how hard is the a b extraction?can anyone following the tec do it are u need to be a kitchen chemist kind of thing?

It's pretty easy, just read the tek you're doing like 10 times and take notes, and refer to each step as you go.

• Like 2

I now have a better understanding for this all. Did a bunch of research on everything. Also took a trip to home depot over the weekend, saw that all those bright neon colored cacti are just graphed onto a different type of cacti.

You have motivated me to try this as well :-)