• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• magicman

• Loneshroom

• mushmouth

• Don_Shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just obtained 2 Loph cacti, or Peyote plants, one is 5 years old, the other is 6 years old and came with a seed pod that had 6 or 7 seeds which I will be germinating ASAP and then I plan on grafting

I have seedlings! A bunch of the T. Bridgesii and T. Peruvianus have sprouted, and I even see 1 Loph seedling popping up. I am surprised that the 4yo cactus seeds are so viable. I will have more seedl

My 7yo Peyote cactus put out a flower! That means I should get a few more seeds soon  

Posted Images

Holy crap!!! I just found this thread and its AMMMMMAZING!!! Dayyyum MAgic Man!!! Your killing it!!! I'm so happy I came across this, you have been doing a great job I have already learned so MUCH just from watching you!! I know I missed out on the first 5-6 pages but I'm here now so hopefully the picture updates keep coming. The lil seedlings look so darn cute when they first pop up, I LOVE IT!!..lol...And WOW!! MIND BLOWN about using the fast growing cactus to grow the slower growing one..I mean that is fucking INCREDIBLE and and makes me LOVE nature that much more!!! Well the decision has been made.....The Laz Man is gonna have to start a cactus garden...lol...no but for real, I think I am gonna track down some seeds if I can get a few of those fast growing ones to help things along....Keep up the great job man!!!!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
magicman

Thanks guys. Hopefully they will both be 12" or taller by next growing season so I can put them in their own pots. Now I need to have good luck grafting the peyote seedlings...

• Like 2
Those Who Were

hey magic those things are fukcing awesome, reminds me of the hamiltons pharmacopia vice ep where hes interviewing alexander shulgin. 

how do u go about learning how to cacti? lol i really wanna try and grow some that will take a harsh winter. and also definitely some yote's and fast growing ones i could have indoors.

shulgin had one of those really rare penis cactus or somethinkg like that in his yard

• Like 1
magicman

There's a ton of info out there, I just typed in "how to grow trichocereus from seed" in my search engine. There's a couple good places I bookmarked, feel free to PM me if you want those, but I don't wanna post the names of the sites here (one of them is another OMC) ;) 

Trichs will do ok in the winter as long as they don't get too much water, and it doesn't get too cold. You may have to bring them indoors for a few months during the winter. It usually doesn't get below 40 where I live, and very rarely gets below freezing, and they do fine. I do have to keep them out of the winter rain though. I only water 2-3 times from Oct/Nov until March.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Hillbilly

they dont look so bad at all, well done man. I would give them a little bit of liquid fertilizer now. So half strength miracle grow or whatever you guys have over there would be good!

A suggestion i have for the next batch of lophs you germ. only half fill your cells with mix and the top half just fill with straight 1-3mm size zeolite. Because its all mineral for the top half, the lophs get the macro nutrients they really crave and the lack or organics mean a heap less algae. 

• Like 1
magicman
7 hours ago, Hillbilly said:

they dont look so bad at all, well done man. I would give them a little bit of liquid fertilizer now. So half strength miracle grow or whatever you guys have over there would be good!

A suggestion i have for the next batch of lophs you germ. only half fill your cells with mix and the top half just fill with straight 1-3mm size zeolite. Because its all mineral for the top half, the lophs get the macro nutrients they really crave and the lack or organics mean a heap less algae. 

Hey HB what's up man? Hope you've been well. Thanks for the advice, I will pick up some liquid fertilizer then. I hate to support Miracle Grow, but I will see what the hydro store has.

I do plan on grafting all the Loph seedlings I have germed to the peres, so I am going to pop more Loph seeds soon. Thanks for the tip, I've never heard of zeolite, but it's getting ordered from ebay today! Fucking algae is a bitch lol. You're the man Hillbilly!

Also, do you think those Pereskiopsis are healthy enough to graft to? Thanks for the help!!! :D

magicman

Oh man I'm excited now! Looks like it's Peyote grafting time this week!!! Thanks HB! And now I can just put them in the GH until they take instead of the SGFC :D Fucking hell I love growing shit!

• 2 weeks later...