• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

DallasShawn

Yes. Some more misting and Fanning questions

DallasShawn

Is there a video out there of how to properly mist/ fan? It would really help me out a lot so I can understand it. I struggle on whether or not my sub is too dry or too wet and I've had a lot of feedback and questions answered but I still feel like it should be different I think I'm on like 16th day in my fruiting I have lost 3 out of 6 tubs to green mold and I feel like I might be potentially  over drying them or over wetting them. 

thekaratekid

Your doing dub tubs?

DallasShawn

Here are some pictures after I have missed and fan them. The edges and Corners seemed a lil bit more dry than the middle. I also mist inside of the top... should I have holes in my Cubs for the 6quart method. I do not have any kind of humidifier or even a gauge to test the it but I do have a thermometer. I have them in a room that has a fan on low setting if you need anything else let me know.

20160325_213325.jpg

20160325_213318.jpg

20160325_213310.jpg

20160325_213251.jpg

20160325_213213.jpg

sandalphon

that casing is definitely too dry.

DallasShawn
On 3/25/2016 at 9:35 PM, thekaratekid said:

Your doing dub 

Yes, 6qurt method. I gave you those 3 is an option to kind of tell me which ones were better than the other another middle one is definitely too dry and that's what I thought but what about the one on the right?

thekaratekid

Ok im going to explain it in the manual fashion. Not the box fan method. Most people mist too much at first. Use your mister and hold it a foot above the sub. Give 2 sprays and then use a piece of cardboard and fan it vigorously for 5 minutes. Do this 3 times a day. Use the back of your hand/fingers and touch the casing. You will get a feel for the moisture content. Generally we tell a beginner mist less, fan more. Only if it gets bone dry do you worry. Also, this is important, mist, then fan, then cover it. Don't mist again or you will negate your fanning.

Yes the middle ones are too dry. The top ones look wet. Remember field capacity. That's what you want. Use your hand to feel the casing. You will quickly get a feel for moisture in your casing.

I see that your myc is not eating the casing and that's good. It tells me it's in the process of beginning to fruit. In the beginning I had a hell of a time with my caging getting eaten. It was because my temps were too high.

Edited by thekaratekid
misspelling

DallasShawn

So many things you seemed up for me in one sentence. I did have a problem with feeling like it's too dry after I find them and then I woulda mist it again. I think I have a better understanding now.

Do I need to drill holes in the top box?

thekaratekid

Sorry I rapid fire info. But it is clear and makes sense. Read it a few times and soak it in. If you still have questions I'm glad to help. Fire away brother.

DallasShawn
On 3/25/2016 at 10:00 PM, thekaratekid said:

Sorry I rapid fire info. But it is clear and makes sense. Read it a few times and soak it in. If you still have questions I'm glad to help. Fire away brother.

Should i drill holes in top box? It is so hard at this point losing three of them and spending this much time on it. I want so bad to just get some fruit off these three.

thekaratekid

No ive never heard of drilling holes in a dub tub. Just lightly mist, then fan vigorously for 5 min. Do this at least 3 times a day. You can do it 5 or 6 times if you want, but 3 times is good.

MushFlush

I have holes with polyfil in mine, but only because I can't m&f three or more times a day. It's more or less worked for me. I still have to care for them, it's not a set it and forget it, but yeah. 

• Like 1

thekaratekid
1 minute ago, MushFlush said:

I have holes with polyfil in mine, but only because I can't m&f three or more times a day. It's more or less worked for me. I still have to care for them, it's not a set it and forget it, but yeah. 

Do you have air circulating in the room? If so then your pretty much doing a ztub.

• Like 1

mescawin

Did you make another post to follow up on the these, DS? Isn't that a zombie tub MF? What's the difference?

MushFlush

The design is very similar, but the function isn't quite the same, and honestly I figured this out myself, before I met MZ, but it was his legacy I was riffing off. There was spotty info here and there at the site I started on, I wanted a setup I didn't have to baby. I've since eliminated the bottom tub holes, because I've got a fan going and it's a small space.  with both tubs, holes open, this design works great in a space with no fan, only cracking it open once a day to adjust moisture and give some fae. A lot of trial and error, to be sure, but they are my workhorses now. Old trusty! :)

• Like 2

305mostwanted

Does anyone think this is good or bad fanning idea ? Doing it about :30 seconds each one for 10 min 

79F048AB-04FC-475E-97CF-C19A6AA69479.jpeg