• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

thadragonmaster

Take a look at my cakes please

thadragonmaster

hey guys I got some questions about my cakes in the first pic there is a big blob it dont have a head on it is it good or not?? there are some on my other cakes as well. on the second pic on the bottom of the stem it is just mycellium right and its safe to eat right? on the third pic it looks like there ready to print or not? also do i pick them and wait to dunk and roll till the other cakes are ready? these are  Cambodian first flush temps about 65 need any more info let me know thanks for the advice 

100_1581.JPG

100_1580.JPG

100_1582.JPG

100_1575.JPG

100_1584.JPG

• Like 1

MushFlush

It looks like a mutant blob. It's edible. Looks like the caps in that third pic are sterile, too. No spore drop, even open that wide. The gills look white.  real pretty flush though. Nice!

• Like 1

thadragonmaster

thanks how did they become strile?? also do i pick the ones that are ready now then let the others cakes catch up then dunk and roll till the other cakes are ready?

magicman

Harvest each cake as it is ready, and dunk after you harvest. You don't have to do them all at the same time :) 

• Like 2

thadragonmaster

I forgot to tell you some of the cakes look like they have stalled should i dunk and roll them or just wait for them to fruit?

mushmouth

Don't redunk. They'll either fruit or tam.

thadragonmaster

I can redunk and roll the ones that have all ready fruited right?? Because I just dunked them. Just leave the ones that have stalled alone till they fruit or not? is there a easy way to get the vermiculite off of the ends of the stem do i need to cut it off or just eat it and not worry about it. Cant wait till i do some zombie tubs. they look so much better or should i do something else??

Mush Zombie

Looking like a little bacterial blotch going on with that deformed cap. I've had flushes with bacterial blotch (psuedomonas sp.) That were sterile. As for the blob it's a weird one. 

thadragonmaster

So are they safe to eat right?? it figures that i got something weird on my second grow lol

Mush Zombie

I can't tell you if it's safe to eat or not. Given that most mushrooms in the supermarket have very slight bacterial blotch, I don't pay a lot of attention to it as long as the caps aren't oozing or rotting off from large colonies of the bacteria. But everyone is different. Who knows it could give you a throat infection.

thadragonmaster

None of them look too weird no rotting or oozing.