Easy STB Extraction from Mimosa Hostilis

MysticMadness

YAY a DMT thread! This makes my heart smile. :) TBH I did a search on this site a few weeks ago and couldn't find any threads - or at least not any teks anyways. We should make a DMT section. I was beginning to think perhaps it was against the rules. Speaking of which, I also did a search for the forum's rules & couldn't find any! Could you link me if there are any?

So bare with me, I've got a lot to ask here.. Hopefully someone can answer these few questions I have so that I can get to extracting and posting teks/finding/etc.

We need to get an ACRB (acacia confusa) tek going here. There are extra steps like a mini A/B but based on my research it's well worth it when you consider the ratio of final product to price of supplies. Also a lot of people actually prefer the NNT aspect of it (although it is my understanding that you can reduce the NNT to negligible levels using a second salt A/B and re-x).

I've never extracted DMT myself but I've done enough research to where I'm almost 100% positive I could extract and yield the envied fluffy white (provided that I could source quality root bark anyways).

The only issue that has prevented me from extracted thus far is finding a good extraction vessel. I want to use something at least 1.5L so that I can yield at least 1G, but I'm having issues finding anything >1.5L that doesn't have a plastic/aluminum top. I see that your using mason jars, which have aluminum lids. You haven't had any issues with the naphtha corroding the aluminum? I was thinking a 2L erlenmeyer flask with a rubber stopper (see eBay link below). My only concern and the reason I haven't done it yet is the fear that the rubber will degrade. Speaking of which, I see that you're using a glass pipette with a rubber bulb. I was thinking a glass syringe so that there's no rubber involved, but I can't find one that would fit into the flask. Have you had any issues with the rubber bulb degrading? What do you think about the below eBay items for use as an extraction vessel/naphtha decanter?

10ML Medicine Glass Dropper / Graduated Pipette ($8.50) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Medicine-Glass-Droppers-10ml-Pipet-8-with-Scal-Graduated-Pipette-/182186177569

2L (2000ml) Erlenmeyer Flask w/ Stopper ($21.99) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elenmeyer-Flask-2000ml-with-Stopper-New-/351426376542

They have other 2L flasks on eBay, but I'm not sure what's best. They've got a round bottom non-graduated flask with glass stopper for like $40. I like the idea of glass of course, but I don't like the idea of having to hold it on there while trying to mix. Seems like it'd be hard to hold it there, mix, and not cause emulsions all at the same time. Also I'm afraid of the glass seizing on there and then it becoming useless. I've heard people say to use grease, but that doesn't sound very good for the mix either. They also have one with a plastic screw cap, but rubber seems better than plastic, no?

Has anyone had any luck ordering root bark from eBay? There is a Hawaiian ACRB vendor on there and seems like legit root bark and not trunk bark, etc.

100g Hawaiian ACRB (Powdered) ($15.00) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-grams-3-5-oz-FINELY-POWDERED-HAWAIIAN-ACACIA-CONFUSA-ROOT-BARK-/151827081669

Hopefully this source is good, because that's a super price.. $110 for a KG! Talk about a lifetime supply.. My only concern is anonymity, but I could always buy a prepaid debit card and pay someone to let me ship to their innocent place. :)

Opinions, ideas, etc?

• Like 2
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mushmouth

• Mushinist

• tomentose

• MysticMadness

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you smoke DMT you'll start seeing colorful patterns in the world around you. Tracers and flashes... kind of like fire works. Only just a peek into the psychedelic universe. If you smoke more D

This is a well written tek, simplicity at its finest and if followed and not deviated from should yield nice results. It all starts with bark quality! As mentioned never throw anything out until

Cleaning an area a few days ago while I was at home sick, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a bag of acrb powder that I'd forgotten all about. Maybe 150-200g worth. All this talk of extracting is

Posted Images

mushmouth
9 minutes ago, MysticMadness said:

YAY a DMT thread! This makes my heart smile. :) TBH I did a search on this site a few weeks ago and couldn't find any threads - or at least not any teks anyways. We should make a DMT section. I was beginning to think perhaps it was against the rules. Speaking of which, I also did a search for the forum's rules & couldn't find any! Could you link me if there are any?

So bare with me, I've got a lot to ask here.. Hopefully someone can answer these few questions I have so that I can get to extracting and posting teks/finding/etc.

We need to get an ACRB (acacia confusa) tek going here. There are extra steps like a mini A/B but based on my research it's well worth it when you consider the ratio of final product to price of supplies. Also a lot of people actually prefer the NNT aspect of it (although it is my understanding that you can reduce the NNT to negligible levels using a second salt A/B and re-x).

I've never extracted DMT myself but I've done enough research to where I'm almost 100% positive I could extract and yield the envied fluffy white (provided that I could source quality root bark anyways).

The only issue that has prevented me from extracted thus far is finding a good extraction vessel. I want to use something at least 1.5L so that I can yield at least 1G, but I'm having issues finding anything >1.5L that doesn't have a plastic/aluminum top. I see that your using mason jars, which have aluminum lids. You haven't had any issues with the naphtha corroding the aluminum? I was thinking a 2L erlenmeyer flask with a rubber stopper (see eBay link below). My only concern and the reason I haven't done it yet is the fear that the rubber will degrade. Speaking of which, I see that you're using a glass pipette with a rubber bulb. I was thinking a glass syringe so that there's no rubber involved, but I can't find one that would fit into the flask. Have you had any issues with the rubber bulb degrading? What do you think about the below eBay items for use as an extraction vessel/naphtha decanter?

10ML Medicine Glass Dropper / Graduated Pipette ($8.50) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Medicine-Glass-Droppers-10ml-Pipet-8-with-Scal-Graduated-Pipette-/182186177569

2L (2000ml) Erlenmeyer Flask w/ Stopper ($21.99) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elenmeyer-Flask-2000ml-with-Stopper-New-/351426376542

They have other 2L flasks on eBay, but I'm not sure what's best. They've got a round bottom non-graduated flask with glass stopper for like $40. I like the idea of glass of course, but I don't like the idea of having to hold it on there while trying to mix. Seems like it'd be hard to hold it there, mix, and not cause emulsions all at the same time. Also I'm afraid of the glass seizing on there and then it becoming useless. I've heard people say to use grease, but that doesn't sound very good for the mix either. They also have one with a plastic screw cap, but rubber seems better than plastic, no?

Has anyone had any luck ordering root bark from eBay? There is a Hawaiian ACRB vendor on there and seems like legit root bark and not trunk bark, etc.

100g Hawaiian ACRB (Powdered) ($15.00) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-grams-3-5-oz-FINELY-POWDERED-HAWAIIAN-ACACIA-CONFUSA-ROOT-BARK-/151827081669

Hopefully this source is good, because that's a super price.. $110 for a KG! Talk about a lifetime supply.. My only concern is anonymity, but I could always buy a prepaid debit card and pay someone to let me ship to their innocent place. :)

Opinions, ideas, etc?

If you've never done an extraction, I suggest you use my tek first.

My pipette is 10ml so there's no reason to get any solvent into the fill bulb.

The lids have rusted since I started this, but I think it's more to do with the high PH (basic) of the solution.

I've tried to get rid of all plastics and rubber out of the process. I do use a rubber spatula to scrape the crystals into the filter but It's only in the solvent for a few seconds.

I've never used AC, but I think you're right, a mini ex will defat the plant material.

If you use a provider and like them I'd love to hear about it.

• Like 1
MysticMadness

I just cant put myself to pay the ridiculous price MHRB demands. I'm fairly confident that I've got the appropriate procedure down pat. Then again, who knows - I could wind up with a sticky gooey mess. If I do, I may try your tek. :) Worst comes to worst and I'd just be wasting the ACRB, which is pretty cheap. I'd still have all of my extraction supplies/solvents/etc.

It's my understanding that the rubber bulb can degrade regardless of whether or not the naphtha actually touches it, because naphtha evaporates so quickly that the gaseous form of it quickly builds in the bulb. However, I'm assuming that your reason for saying so is because if it does degrade it's not noticeable & doesn't affect the end product? Where did you get that pipette? I like the ones with the release/button that you press.

The aluminum lid rusting may indeed be aided by it being such a basic solution, but I do know for fact that naphtha alone will almost immediately rust aluminum - I've seen it in other applications.

What is your opinion on using a rubber stopper on the flask? It would come directly in contact with the solution due to mixing.. Do you think I'd be better off just using aluminum? If so i'll go get a wine bottle w/ aluminum lid.. I just want to be as proper/healthy as possible. I could always buy several extra stoppers and swap them out as they degrade, I'm just worried about the effect on the end product/health of user.

mushmouth
13 minutes ago, MysticMadness said:

I just cant put myself to pay the ridiculous price MHRB demands. I'm fairly confident that I've got the appropriate procedure down pat. Then again, who knows - I could wind up with a sticky gooey mess. If I do, I may try your tek. :) Worst comes to worst and I'd just be wasting the ACRB, which is pretty cheap. I'd still have all of my extraction supplies/solvents/etc.

It's my understanding that the rubber bulb can degrade regardless of whether or not the naphtha actually touches it, because naphtha evaporates so quickly that the gaseous form of it quickly builds in the bulb. However, I'm assuming that your reason for saying so is because if it does degrade it's not noticeable & doesn't affect the end product? Where did you get that pipette? I like the ones with the release/button that you press.

The aluminum lid rusting may indeed be aided by it being such a basic solution, but I do know for fact that naphtha alone will almost immediately rust aluminum - I've seen it in other applications.

What is your opinion on using a rubber stopper on the flask? It would come directly in contact with the solution due to mixing.. Do you think I'd be better off just using aluminum? If so i'll go get a wine bottle w/ aluminum lid.. I just want to be as proper/healthy as possible. I could always buy several extra stoppers and swap them out as they degrade, I'm just worried about the effect on the end product/health of user.

Sorry Mystic. I am also concerned about the cleanliness of the final product. That's why I use this tek.

• Like 1
MysticMadness
27 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

Sorry Mystic. I am also concerned about the cleanliness of the final product. That's why I use this tek.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. :) I think I'll try the flask with rubber stopper just for shits & giggles and see how it comes out. If the stopper doesn't immediately deteriorate surely the effect on the end product would be negligible. Will report back with results! What would be the best sub forum to post a non-Tek results/findings type post regarding DMT?

mushmouth

https://www.shroomology.org/forums/forum/172-cannabis-cacti-and-other-cool-plants/

This seems like a good spot.

If someone, WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT, want's to follow this tek, I'll send them the RB.

They have to know what they're talking about.

They have to post the process with pics here.

They have to follow the tek to a tee.

Maybe that will prove this teks cred and I won't have to answer questions about other teks, or talk someone half way through it and find out they're using a different tek, or get looked at like the tek is bunk because they burned it up in the pipe.

Any takers?

• Like 2
MysticMadness
50 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

https://www.shroomology.org/forums/forum/172-cannabis-cacti-and-other-cool-plants/

This seems like a good spot.

If someone, WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT, want's to follow this tek, I'll send them the RB.

They have to know what they're talking about.

They have to post the process with pics here.

They have to follow the tek to a tee.

Maybe that will prove this teks cred and I won't have to answer questions about other teks, or talk someone half way through it and find out they're using a different tek, or get looked at like the tek is bunk because they burned it up in the pipe.

Any takers?

I will use mason jar and all if you're willing to provide the RB. :blink: That is, if I qualify as someone who knows what they're talking about. :P

Just gotta find someone who's willing to receive the pack for me. No offense, but don't really feel comfortable giving out my personal address on here. It's not so much you that I'm worried about, but rather the security of the site itself. Shouldn't be an issue for my buddy to do it though!

mushmouth
Just now, MysticMadness said:

I will use mason jar and all if you're willing to provide the RB. :O

Just gotta find someone who's willing to receive the pack for me. No offense, but don't really feel comfortable giving out my personal address on here. Shouldn't be an issue to find a buddy though!

Thanks Mystic but you are ruled out because you said you've never done a DMT extraction.

• Like 1
MysticMadness
5 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

Thanks Mystic but you are ruled out because you said you've never done a DMT extraction.

Hey, perfectly understandable! I'd almost rather someone who has experience with other methods do it anyways, so that they can provide a comparison to their other method! Seems that would aid our research further than just confirming it works.  In the meantime, I'll get to working on an ACRB tek. ;)

• Like 1
mushmouth
4 minutes ago, MysticMadness said:

Hey, perfectly understandable! I'd almost rather someone who has experience with other methods do it anyways, so that they can provide a comparison to their other method! Seems that would aid our research further than just confirming it works.  In the meantime, I'll get to working on an ACRB tek. ;)

Thank you. Then we can talk about ACRB over there.

• Like 1
mushmouth

I feel like my offer got drowned out by science posers. Any takers? I know a few of you that already have the RB ;)

• Like 1
magicman

I still have 50g of mhrb you sent me, I will use this tek to extract it soon and will post pics of my results here. ACRB is so much more of a pain to extract than mhrb, if you can source the mimosa I'd spend the extra loot and get that.

• Like 2
mushmouth
1 minute ago, magicman said:

I still have 50g of mhrb you sent me, I will use this tek to extract it soon and will post pics of my results here. ACRB is so much more of a pain to extract than mhrb, if you can source the mimosa I'd spend the extra loot and get that.

You are the man magic!!! I owe you one bro. I'll send you some more RB. Also, do you want to borrow my pipette? I'll send that to you also.

• Like 1
MysticMadness

I've decided that I too am going to get a small amount of MHRB so that in case my ACRB fails I have a backup. Will post here with the results as well. :)

Quick question, does it matter if it's powdered? Or is it better that it's shredded?

MysticMadness
5 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

Shredded is better. More of the plant material comes back with powdered RB.

You're the man! Found a new source for MHRB which is a great deal cheaper. In fact it's not much more than the ACRB I was looking at. Hopefully it's of good quality because if so I may be sticking with MHRB after all. :D

MysticMadness

With this Tek is it important that you do not cause an emulsion when mixing/doing pulls?

Thanks magic! Hopefully I too will be posting results very very soon - provided that this MHRB turns out to be the real deal. :D 

• Like 1
  • mushmouth pinned this topic