Easy STB Extraction from Mimosa Hostilis

mushmouth
20 minutes ago, tomentose said:

I plan to buy all new glassware today or tomorrow so that's not a issue, I'm just wondering if 50g of root bark is the max per quart jar?  Could I do 200g of bark per jar? 

I'm definitely not planning on doing it all at once but I think I have enough lye

IMG_20210213_153829.jpg

I always stay close to 50gr of RB per 750ml of solution.

You can go over a little but I wouldn't try to put 200gr into 750ml.

• Like 1
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mushmouth

• Mushinist

• tomentose

• MysticMadness

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you smoke DMT you'll start seeing colorful patterns in the world around you. Tracers and flashes... kind of like fire works. Only just a peek into the psychedelic universe. If you smoke more D

This is a well written tek, simplicity at its finest and if followed and not deviated from should yield nice results. It all starts with bark quality! As mentioned never throw anything out until

Cleaning an area a few days ago while I was at home sick, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a bag of acrb powder that I'd forgotten all about. Maybe 150-200g worth. All this talk of extracting is

Posted Images

tomentose
37 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

I always stay close to 50gr of RB per 750ml of solution.

You can go over a little but I wouldn't try to put 200gr into 750ml.

Can you go over why? Lye is very powerful for delysing the plant cells 50grams doesn't seem like much bark

And should I be using a deep freeze or a refrigerator freezer? 

And just to confirm I should powder the rootbark correct? I heard that cutting it into fibers helped stop emulsions? 

mushmouth
2 minutes ago, tomentose said:

Can you go over why? Lye is very powerful for delysing the plant cells 50grams doesn't seem like much bark

I'd love to see if it works, and no harm in trying it...

Except that if you're not perfectly sure how good your bark is, what will you blame a poor extraction on?

Have you tried a normal extraction with it yet?

• Like 1
tomentose
Just now, mushmouth said:

I'd love to see if it works, and no harm in trying it...

Except that if you're not perfectly sure how good your bark is, what will you blame a poor extraction on?

Have you tried a normal extraction with it yet?

Nah, I've only ever done acrb extractions and i didn't enjoy the extra step of defatting it so when I had the chance to get some mhrb I jumped on it. I got it from a Canadian vendor who had quiet a few positive reviews from a few sources.

You are right I should definitely do a normal extraction first at 50g bark 50g lye per 750ml to get a baseline idea of the content of the bark.

• Like 2
mushmouth
2 minutes ago, tomentose said:

Nah, I've only ever done acrb extractions and i didn't enjoy the extra step of defatting it so when I had the chance to get some mhrb I jumped on it. I got it from a Canadian vendor who had quiet a few positive reviews from a few sources.

You are right I should definitely do a normal extraction first at 50g bark 50g lye per 750ml to get a baseline idea of the content of the bark.

Since you're going to do multiple extractions, you should do the first one with the measurements in this tek.

• Thanks 1
mushmouth
1 hour ago, tomentose said:

And should I be using a deep freeze or a refrigerator freezer? 

With NAPs you can use a regular freezer.

1 hour ago, tomentose said:

And just to confirm I should powder the rootbark correct? I heard that cutting it into fibers helped stop emulsions? 

I haven't powdered the RB in a long time. Show us a pic of what you have.

Also, what kind of glass did you get?

• Like 1
Mushinist

No it doesnt have to be powdered, but at the very least shred it or your yield may suffer. The lye needs to reach as many of the cells as possible. 

• Like 2
Mushinist

Yeah post some pics of the bark, I'm curious as to how it comes.

• Like 1
tomentose
On 2/13/2021 at 8:12 PM, Mushinist said:

Just waiting for the post office to open baaah

• Like 1
mushmouth

Oh yea. That definitely needs to be busted up.

Using distilled water makes it easier to get it to 12ph. Do you have a tester?

Good kitty :)

• Like 1
tomentose

I don't have a ph tester anymore no, I figure I can pick up the strips.. I was just going to follow the measurements in the Tek but maybe I should buy strips.

• Like 1
Mushinist

I'd definitely get a blender lol. And if you dont have strips, which I'd recommend having at the very least, you can use a 1:1 ratio lye/bark in a pinch.

• Like 2
tomentose

Do you think I should powder it completely? There's still quite a bit of dust. Very purple

IMG_20210216_131141.jpg

Also is there any downsides to letting the WB sit for a day before starting to do pulls? Any risk of extra fats or inourities?

Thanks so much for all the help so far!

• Like 2
tomentose
On 12/16/2016 at 7:44 PM, mushmouth said:

Making a poop load.

DSC02347.JPG

DSC02348.JPG

I also have a hot plate stirrer, which part does this help with?

Mushinist

No, you can let it sit for weeks if need be. I have done this personally just due to life getting in the way and no time to do pulls. In the case of coarser bark, it'll actually help to let it sit in the wb for a while to break down.

Heating the mixture will help with breaking down the bark, and make the deems even more soluble in the naps.

• Like 1
mushmouth

...and stirring the WB, not too violently now, makes it so you don't have to keep lifting it up and rolling it around. Just for safety concerns really.

• Like 1
tomentose
On 12/16/2016 at 7:44 PM, mushmouth said:

Could I get some tips on sucking up and out the layer from the lye solution? I couldn't find a glass turkey base or anywhere by Amazon it's in the mail definitely couldn't find any form of pipette so I'm stuck with the metal turkey baster and I keep getting fucking mix into my naptha

IMG_20210221_164838.jpg

• Like 1
mushmouth
18 minutes ago, tomentose said:

Could I get some tips on sucking up and out the layer from the lye solution? I couldn't find a glass turkey base or anywhere by Amazon it's in the mail definitely couldn't find any form of pipette so I'm stuck with the metal turkey baster and I keep getting fucking mix into my naptha

IMG_20210221_164838.jpg

You can put it all back into the solution and add more NAPs so you can stay far away from the WB.