Easy STB Extraction from Mimosa Hostilis

Mushinist

Really, I can find glass pipettes all day long on ebay and amazon. Turkey basters usually suck ass for extractions because the hole is too big.

20210221_163904.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mushmouth

• Mushinist

• tomentose

• MysticMadness

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you smoke DMT you'll start seeing colorful patterns in the world around you. Tracers and flashes... kind of like fire works. Only just a peek into the psychedelic universe. If you smoke more D

This is a well written tek, simplicity at its finest and if followed and not deviated from should yield nice results. It all starts with bark quality! As mentioned never throw anything out until

Cleaning an area a few days ago while I was at home sick, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a bag of acrb powder that I'd forgotten all about. Maybe 150-200g worth. All this talk of extracting is

Posted Images

mushmouth
37 minutes ago, Mushinist said:

Really, I can find glass pipettes all day long on ebay and amazon. Turkey basters usually suck ass for extractions because the hole is too big.

20210221_163904.jpg

For sure!!!

@tomentose Even at this point, there's no need to rush.

• Like 1

IMG_20210223_214133.jpg.37ac9659fc280cc34ec9f5cbf418651a.jpg

Besides this happening while I was basically naked, wearing rubber gloves and goggles, everything seems to be going good. I'm letting the WB sit for 12 hours before adding the naptha and heating in a double boiler to 60, tighten the kids, roll the jars, loosen the lids and replace in the double boiler.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the naptha is yellow after. And I don't mean like tinted yellow. It's BRIGHT yellow. I put this in the freezer about an hour ago.

IMG_20210223_215306.jpg

• Like 2

Glad you took the proper safety precautions. One good pyrex jar will last a very long time and the likelyhood of that happening is slim to none.

And what's wrong with yellow naps? Or yellow deems for that matter? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mushinist said:

Glad you took the proper safety precautions. One good pyrex jar will last a very long time and the likelyhood of that happening is slim to none.

To be honest I was a little bit worried about my choice of solvent, v&P  Naptha isn't available small town Canada, and the only thing I can find without added rust inhibitors or corrosion resistant products was no name camp fuel from Walmart.... I checked the MSDS and only list light petroleum distillates.  It made me worry that the solvent was maybe leaching other things out. But if you say it's not bad then let's see :)

When the WB is spent I suck up the last of the naps  not caring if I suck up WB with it and I put it in this to make the layer thicker so I can get it off cleanly

IMG_20210224_003606.jpg

• Like 2

Did you do an evap test on a clean mirror or plate or something to make sure it evapped clean?

Most camp fuels are naps, some may be dirty though. If the msds says that's the only ingredient then you are probably fine, but still do an evap test just to be sure.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mushinist said:

Also I can't tell if your being sarcastic bro, but they don't last me forever, I bought about 75 at new year's and I probably have broken 15-20.

Here's the spill lol

IMG_20210223_195116_01.jpg

Just now, Mushinist said:

Did you do an evap test on a clean mirror or plate or something to make sure it evapped clean?

Most camp fuels are naps, some may be dirty though. If the msds says that's the only ingredient then you are probably fine, but still do an evap test just to be sure.

Sure did!

IS IT SUPPOSED TO SMELL FISHY? cuz it does. It's gross.

IMG_20210224_004320.jpg

• Like 1

You bought 75 what?, and no I'm not being sarcastic. Look at the pyrex jars I use in my extraction, that's what I was referring to, they can handle bases and acids along with extreme temp swings better.

• Like 2

Yeah you have to be careful with mason jars, the sodium hydroxide can cause etching in the glass and that's exactly what happens especially once you apply a little heat.

I cant wait to see what precips out of the naps! And yeah the NaOH makes it smell funky

• Like 1
Mush Zombie

@tomentosewhy can’t you post vids? The software is based on permissions like Linux or Mac. I don’t have the power to auth or deauth permissions. Do you just not have permission?

• Like 1
19 hours ago, tomentose said:

IMG_20210223_214133.jpg.37ac9659fc280cc34ec9f5cbf418651a.jpg

Besides this happening while I was basically naked, wearing rubber gloves and goggles, everything seems to be going good. I'm letting the WB sit for 12 hours before adding the naptha and heating in a double boiler to 60, tighten the kids, roll the jars, loosen the lids and replace in the double boiler.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the naptha is yellow after. And I don't mean like tinted yellow. It's BRIGHT yellow. I put this in the freezer about an hour ago.

IMG_20210223_215306.jpg

That's exactly how it's supposed to look 👍

Did you get any burns?

2 minutes ago, Mushinist said:

Did you put anything over that while freezing? 

I'm hoping he did. I was going to ask that but then I got worried about burns.

I don't see anything that looks like water ice though.

I was just curious, the rectangular one looks like it has ice in it (the long stringy looking pieces), but it's hard to tell from the pic.

So how much bark did you end up using?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

I'm hoping he did. I was going to ask that but then I got worried about burns.

I don't see anything that looks like water ice though.

Does it look good? The white crystalline lumps in the solvent that formed against the glass shatter when I poke them with a rod in the solvent. Doesn't seem fatty.

2 minutes ago, Mushinist said:

I was just curious, the rectangular one looks like it has ice in it (the long stringy looking pieces), but it's hard to tell from the pic.

So how much bark did you end up using?

I think that's on the outside, the dish is covered in it.

All together I used 300 grams for both dishes, 6 jars. 

• Like 2