Easy STB Extraction from Mimosa Hostilis

MysticMadness
33 minutes ago, wolfskin said:

i use a old gift card to scrap it out. im sure there are better ways. i cut it in half and its the perfect size for me at least

Worked well! Didn't get every bit but close too it. Probably the closest it's gonna get. Thanks!

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mushmouth

• Mushinist

• MysticMadness

• magicman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you smoke DMT you'll start seeing colorful patterns in the world around you. Tracers and flashes... kind of like fire works. Only just a peek into the psychedelic universe. If you smoke more D

This is a well written tek, simplicity at its finest and if followed and not deviated from should yield nice results. It all starts with bark quality! As mentioned never throw anything out until

Cleaning an area a few days ago while I was at home sick, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a bag of acrb powder that I'd forgotten all about. Maybe 150-200g worth. All this talk of extracting is

Posted Images

MysticMadness
1 hour ago, mushmouth said:

I use a large funnel to dump my NAP into the filter. I should add that to the tek. Thanks for pointing that out.

A funnel? I don't see how that'd help unless it's HUGE. Can you add a pic? Also looks like I'll have to learn how to do a good clean up without making a huge mess rinsing everything. I think I'm having a brain fart. What is WB? Water base? And so put ice in a bowl and the FP bowl on top of the bowl?

Also regarding the water/ice. I use the exact same bowl you do. :P 7 cup Pyrex with a blue lid. 

In regards to the mini A/B, according to the nexus it's exactly what I needed to do. The acid bath re-salts the DMT into the acid/water mix then siphon off dirty naps with impurities in it, then re-extract with clean naps. We'll see how it turns out. It's in the freezer now. Only time will tell. ;)  

I'm 100% sure I've wasted about 75% of my yield. I'd just be happy with something smokeable though. Otherwise I have to wait til next week to try with the 50g Mexican. But again, it's been a great learning experience/curve. :P 

mushmouth

Yes, a funnel. I catch the NAP from the bottom of the bowl first and as I lean the bowl more, it starts to pour from the lip. Easy peasy.

Lay some paper towels down, swish the warm NAP around the FP bowl, swish that razor blade around in it, put those crystals in something like a shot glass, pour a little bit of the warm NAP on that plate that the crystals were on, then put all of the warm NAP in the shot glass with the crystals. Swirl the NAP around to dissolve the crystals. Put ice in a bowl and put the shot glass on the ice. It won't take but a few minutes for the WB (witches brew) to separate. Just a little brain fart lol.

How do you think you got water in the bowl? Is it on the outside?

I'm at the Nexus. It's ok, but there are a few people there who like to feel like hipsters by telling noobs to do mini A/Bs when they only need a little clean up with new NAP.

You have not wasted anything. It's always there, it didn't go anywhere. You just need to clean it up.

• Like 1
MysticMadness

I do think the water was on the outside, otherwise idk. When I went to scraping it disappeared. & I just felt a mini A/B would be more effective, which I was concerned with because of the plastic, so that's what I went with. 

Nice cleanup method. Definitely doing that next time. Unfortunately I did waste a ton though. All over the floor and counter when I was pouring out of FP. Next time hopefully i wont waste a single drop of the goodies. ;) 

mushmouth
47 minutes ago, MysticMadness said:

Unfortunately I did waste a ton though. All over the floor and counter when I was pouring out of FP. Next time hopefully i wont waste a single drop of the goodies. ;) 

The crystals should have been stuck to the bottom at that point. Did you have a lot of floaters? I think that's from disturbing the bowl while FP.

MysticMadness
12 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

The crystals should have been stuck to the bottom at that point. Did you have a lot of floaters? I think that's from disturbing the bowl while FP.

Well I didn't let it FP but like 12 hrs maybe a little less just because I planned to do the a/b. Nah there's no floaters, or not that I can tell anyways.

PS.. Couldn't help myself but to take a peak at the FP bowl. It's been like 3ish hours and is looking beautifulllllll. Solid white this time, maybe one or two yellowish crystals (super small)

• Like 2
magicman

Did you do the mini AB or just clean it up like MM said? Either way good news! When I wanna peak to see if there are any xstals formed b4 the 24hrs, I just shine a flashlight in the bowl, that way you don't agitate it but can still see the progress.

• Like 1
MysticMadness
28 minutes ago, magicman said:

Did you do the mini AB or just clean it up like MM said? Either way good news! When I wanna peak to see if there are any xstals formed b4 the 24hrs, I just shine a flashlight in the bowl, that way you don't agitate it but can still see the progress.

I did the mini A/B. The plastic chemicals (phthalates) are less soluble in water than in a non-polar solvent, so I figured it'd be best to go with that. Don't want to get cancer or endocrine failure lol. & Good idea with the light!

• Like 1
Growing Mushies

You could try recrystallizing from naptha or n-heptane if you're really that worried about it; that should remove many impurities, but it might not remove the discoloration. You could certainly remove any excess lye this way, I'm not sure about the plastics though.

I'm a big fan of recrystallizing because there's no reason not to. I know there are many people that are sick of me talking about it, but the only thing you stand to lose is a few minutes if you try. Even if you (somehow) butcher it horribly you can still salvage the DMT in short order. 

• Like 1
mushmouth
22 hours ago, Growing Mushies said:

I'm a big fan of recrystallizing because there's no reason not to. I know there are many people that are sick of me talking about it, but the only thing you stand to lose is a few minutes if you try. Even if you (somehow) butcher it horribly you can still salvage the DMT in short order. 

This is exactly right. The DMT does not get up and go anywhere. If you don't panic or toss it, the DMT can be extracted.

On 8/28/2016 at 9:43 PM, MysticMadness said:

Final traveling materials. Has some yellow tint in some places, but not bad. Would you smoke it? All the DMT I've had before was yellow, but I just wanna be sure. :P 

Question for you guys - there is a residue left on my FP bowl after I poured off naphtha/scrapped with rubber spatula. Scraped some of it up and it's really yellow, and not as crystalline. Would you all smoke it?

Mainly just concerned with lye/plastic in these batches. Afraid that somehow some WB made it into the FP. May try lime next time. 

PS.. Tried the funnel thing and failed miserably. Yet another mess all over the floor and counter. :P I'm either stupid or just didn't understand the suggestion fully.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Good heavens!!! Good haul Mystic. Shove that yellow stuff in the oil burner and take you a puff. If it leaves anything behind, you'll know it's dirty.

You're welcome Mystic :headbang: Is that the farthest you've been?

• Like 2
mushmouth
Just now, MysticMadness said:

Thanks. :) Never did weigh it. & It is the farthest indeed!! 

We must talk about it. Crazy shit ain't it?

• Like 1
mushmouth
30 minutes ago, MysticMadness said:

I can't really seem to visualize them after the trip. Maybe I just need to visit them more. :) I can't wait to see how this Mexican turns out! Really happy with the source. :D 

That is the norm. But I can literally draw a pic of this one in under 2 minutes lol. It was a strange one.

• Like 1
MysticMadness
24 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

That is the norm. But I can literally draw a pic of this one in under 2 minutes lol. It was a strange one.

That's fucking awesome man. I wanna see this drawing lol.

• Like 1
  • mushmouth pinned this topic