Easy STB Extraction from Mimosa Hostilis

nullSalva

Lol, mine was $12ish. I'm impatient man. If I already have some then I can wait for the next round to ship, but when I want something I want it yesterday haha. I mean, yeah, I'm waiting on the MHRB, but I didn't wanna risk anything taking any longer to get than the bark so I can get started as soon as it comes in. Plus, I wasn't expecting it to be that expensive -- when I was standing right in front of it I was just like, yeah fuck it, I'm already here.

In reality, anyway you look at it, it's worth it :p. Combined total of the project will be less than what I would pay for DMT -- plus I've been looking for some for about 7 years now and I've never been able to find it around here.

That said, where did you find the glass pipette? I can't even find a glass turkey baster around here. It's ridiculous. I'll be damned if I have to order a friggin' turkey baster online...

• Like 1
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mushmouth

• Mushinist

• tomentose

• MysticMadness

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you smoke DMT you'll start seeing colorful patterns in the world around you. Tracers and flashes... kind of like fire works. Only just a peek into the psychedelic universe. If you smoke more D

This is a well written tek, simplicity at its finest and if followed and not deviated from should yield nice results. It all starts with bark quality! As mentioned never throw anything out until

Cleaning an area a few days ago while I was at home sick, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a bag of acrb powder that I'd forgotten all about. Maybe 150-200g worth. All this talk of extracting is

Posted Images

Growing Mushies

Did you read the MSDS for the drain cleaner? I'd go with the food grade stuff that MM linked unless I had the MSDS for the drain cleaner. I think the Nexus has a list of many MSDS if you care to look for it. It's out there somewhere.

mushmouth
11 minutes ago, nullSalva said:

Lol, mine was $12ish. I'm impatient man. If I already have some then I can wait for the next round to ship, but when I want something I want it yesterday haha. I mean, yeah, I'm waiting on the MHRB, but I didn't wanna risk anything taking any longer to get than the bark so I can get started as soon as it comes in. Plus, I wasn't expecting it to be that expensive -- when I was standing right in front of it I was just like, yeah fuck it, I'm already here.

In reality, anyway you look at it, it's worth it :p. Combined total of the project will be less than what I would pay for DMT -- plus I've been looking for some for about 7 years now and I've never been able to find it around here.

That said, where did you find the glass pipette? I can't even find a glass turkey baster around here. It's ridiculous. I'll be damned if I have to order a friggin' turkey baster online...

LOL! Take one dam guess where I got my pipette :D

nullSalva
2 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

LOL! Take one dam guess where I got my pipette :D

::facepalm:: Fucking hell... lol

5 minutes ago, Growing Mushies said:

Did you read the MSDS for the drain cleaner? I'd go with the food grade stuff that MM linked unless I had the MSDS for the drain cleaner. I think the Nexus has a list of many MSDS if you care to look for it. It's out there somewhere.

It's 100% lye/caustic soda/sodium hydroxide -- so while I don't know a lot about chemistry, I can't see why one would really be any safer than the other if it's literally the same thing. As I said before, I don't understand how you could even make lye "food grade" lol. Not even trying to be a dick, I just don't understand how that's possible.

• Like 1
Growing Mushies

idk "food grade" might be a marketing gimmick in this context, but I always refer to the MSDS just to be safe. All products have impurities, even the carrier fluid we use for GC/MS in lab. There's no such thing as 100% anything.

It looks pretty pure to me, found the MSDS, here's the link in case you haven't read it: http://www.roebic.com/pdf/sds/Crystal_Drain_Opener_SDS.pdf

• Like 2
mushmouth
2 minutes ago, Growing Mushies said:

idk "food grade" might be a marketing gimmick in this context, but I always refer to the MSDS just to be safe. All products have impurities, even the carrier fluid we use for GC/MS in lab. There's no such thing as 100% anything.

It looks pretty pure to me, found the MSDS, here's the link in case you haven't read it: http://www.roebic.com/pdf/sds/Crystal_Drain_Opener_SDS.pdf

Good shit GM.

nullSalva
1 minute ago, Growing Mushies said:

I figured it's just a matter of different pricing due to how it's sold, but you're right, you can't ever tell. I figured if @magicman uses drain cleaner and he's still alive, hopefully I'll have the same result haha. Naw I've seen a lot of teks for different things involving the drain cleaner form (most likely because it's most readily available locally). I'm not saying that makes it any safer, but I've never heard of any problems directly related to its use.

Hey @mushmouth how long does it take to dry when you dump it out of the coffee filter and chop it up? Do you put a fan near it or anything to speed up the process or will it just blow away?

• Like 2
mushmouth
9 minutes ago, nullSalva said:

I figured it's just a matter of different pricing due to how it's sold, but you're right, you can't ever tell. I figured if @magicman uses drain cleaner and he's still alive, hopefully I'll have the same result haha. Naw I've seen a lot of teks for different things involving the drain cleaner form (most likely because it's most readily available locally). I'm not saying that makes it any safer, but I've never heard of any problems directly related to its use.

Hey @mushmouth how long does it take to dry when you dump it out of the coffee filter and chop it up? Do you put a fan near it or anything to speed up the process or will it just blow away?

Don't use a fan. Around 30 to 45 mins.

nullSalva
12 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

Don't use a fan. Around 30 to 45 mins.

No shit? I was expecting at least a couple hours. So from start to finish, not counting the 24 hours you wait while its in the freezer, you're looking at how long to do this? (Also not counting shipping time :P)

• Like 1
mushmouth

Hm. I've never timed it but I would think just a couple of hours. I usually do it on Saturday nights and have plenty of time to fuck around.

magicman
2 hours ago, nullSalva said:

That's where I got mine lol

You and ordering shit, I swear haha. How do you make lye edible anyway?? 0.o 

Roebic Professional Strength Crystal Drain Opener - 100% LYE - 2 lbs

^^ This is what I got. That what you get @magicman?

Ya that's what I have too

• Like 1
nullSalva

Fair enough, I guess I didn't really need an exact time, just really anxious to try it after all these years of waiting. It's funny though -- you guys talk about it like it's some dark, twisted shit to be feared. Yet everything else I've read is basically the opposite. Maybe I'm just interpreting you wrong lol.

• Like 2
magicman
2 minutes ago, nullSalva said:

Are you at all lucid? Like, can you control anything at all like a dream or are you just at the mercy of your "environment"?

Not in any of my experiences. I just sit back and watch

• Like 2
mushmouth
1 minute ago, magicman said:

Mine either. Holly shit what a show lol.

nullSalva
5 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

Yea, def hard to explain. If you could imagine actually seeing gods or ancient spirits or aliens from another dimension, I mean literally seeing them and interacting with them, the thought of, "Oh my god!!! They are real" is so intense. But when I found out how caring they are... shewee, beautiful.

Nope, can't imagine that haha. See, I've never even had lsd -- only shrooms, and most of them PE, so while strong, not very visual. Like, think you saw something out of the corner of your eye, or close your eyes and see colors kind of shit. At most maybe see some waves and blurry shit with your eyes open. So the thought of full on seeing anything that manifests out of the ordinary is both interesting and unfathomable at current time.

4 minutes ago, magicman said:

I suppose that's both a good and bad thing lol.

• Like 1
Lazerus00

Hey MM, do you see any benefit to leaving the siphoned off naptha with dmt in it to be left out on the counter, for a few hours say to let 40% evap before FPing it? I only ask bc I read that somewhere and I'm just wondering what that does? Like how does it make it any better or any worse?

Lazerus00

Also, hope it wasn't asked already....If you were going to scale swiy's recipe up, you think it would be safe to use a large HDPE gallon jug?? Or just use a bunch of mason quarts?

nullSalva
1 hour ago, Lazerus00 said:

Hey MM, do you see any benefit to leaving the siphoned off naptha with dmt in it to be left out on the counter, for a few hours say to let 40% evap before FPing it? I only ask bc I read that somewhere and I'm just wondering what that does? Like how does it make it any better or any worse?

I don't know the EXACT answer to this, but the only downfall I could really see is that you couldn't just reuse the naphtha for more pulls if some of it was gone. However, if you're waiting a few hours for it to evaporate and then FPing, it seems like it would make more since to just go ahead and stick it in the freezer.

Like I said though, I don't know for sure, and I know you weren't addressing me, but that would be my take on it lol. 

1 hour ago, Lazerus00 said:

Also, hope it wasn't asked already....If you were going to scale swiy's recipe up, you think it would be safe to use a large HDPE gallon jug?? Or just use a bunch of mason quarts?

Personally, I would use more jars, or try to find a larger glass container. I saw in an earlier post that Mystic had a plastic baster melt into his solution. I dunno if the type of plastic plays a part in that, but I would think glass would be a better choice for overall purity. Even if you don't actually see any of the plastic dissolving, there could be trace elements or something leaching into the solution. I suppose if you really wanna use a plastic container you could always mix the ingredients in it without adding the MHRB and just see what happens. Afterall, the naphtha and lye really aren't all that expensive and can usually be obtained locally. I can't imagine the MHRB playing a part in melting plastic. If you decide to try it I'd be interested to know how it turns out! lol

• Like 2
Those Who Were
Just now, Lazerus00 said:

i still havent done this extraction yet but letting it evap for a bit at room temp will only further concentrate the solution and cause it to precip faster but make sure its in a still air enclosed environment with very low particle count or youll inevitably get shit in there.

and yea you will have less nap to use again if u save the nap after fping which is a good idea.

i would think a big glass thing for beer/wine making would workfor big batches but then you have to figure out if the rubber stopper that is made for those is fine to use with the nap.

• Like 2
  • mushmouth pinned this topic