• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Alacabensi

Sub with Horse Poo

Alacabensi

Anyone who can tell me something about mixing fresh HP to my 50/50 coir/verm sub? Is it good to use fresh poo or would it be better to use dried stuff? What is the mixing ratio? 50/50/50? Or would it be better to use more or less HP than coir/verm?

Austiclees
Fresh manure has high levels of phosphorus and nitrogen, so it is an absolute must to compost manure before using. It can take several months for the composted manure to be ready.

BEYOND2

if your gona use any kind of poo it NEEDS to be composted like aus said, and for the ratio use equal parts of all three ;)

Mush Zombie

go for the old dried stuff. If you break it open and it smells like earth, not poo or ammonia etc, that's what you want

Neowulf

go for the old dried stuff. If you break it open and it smells like earth, not poo or ammonia etc, that's what you want

What he said just with more conviction in my voice

Alacabensi

Thank you guys, this will help me. Going to get some HP from the meadows tomorrow. I will pick up the older stuff so it should be allright.