• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Question

BleepBlorp123

So 8 days ago I brought my mono tub into fruiting conditions. I followed mush zombies mono tub tek and everything was PERFECT up until the 3rd day when I started noticing this weird white blotch in the center of my casing. It was small maybe the size of a quarter and near it was a faint outline of mold starting near the cobweb. It was a very light green and was the start of trichoderma in assuming. Well I scooped both spots out and starting using 3% h202 and was self fanning from then on. Also I wanna note that I used a box fan on setting 1 and had it aimed toward the monotub for its FAE. A few days after that I noticed trich forming in the center but was still small, no other spot had green so I scooped it out again and kept using hydrogen peroxide. So yesterday I decided to put a little salt on the top of the casing and use  half hydrogen peroxide and water for misting. I still have the box fan pointing toward the mono tub but I have the box lid slightly pryed open to get more air exchange. It's been a few days and I don't smell anything anymore. Can anybody guide me from here? Im really trying my best not to lose this monotub... I don't have any signs of contamination right now and also should I keep the lid open and manually fan or can I shut it and still have the fan point towards it?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

3 answers to this question

Shrooman

There isn't any cobweb in there bud...

The white you're referring to, is probably just mycelium poking through the casing layer (completely normal)...

Cobweb looks like just what it's called... cobweb/spider web...

If you see white poking up through the casing layer, STOP SCOOPING IT OUT!!!

If it turns green, then throw the tub out...

You can't really do anything to save the tub once trichoderma starts growing...

But like I said, you're probably not dealing with any kind of mold... you're probably just being too paranoid or overthinking/stressing too much...

And also, keep the lid closed... just make sure your casing layer isn't dry... give it a good misting and close the lid!

If you see something questionable, take a picture FIRST, and post it on here so we can help identify it...

Do not just assume that you have mold...

Because like my grandmother told me as a child... "When you "assume", you make an ass out of YOU and ME!

• Like 1

AL2O3

If you do have  obtained Web , our need to slow down on misting and increase  air flow.

• Like 1

Those Who Were

i dont see anything either but spraying with peroxide that much all the time probably isnt a good idea, i would sugest for next time maybe adding a little under one cup of peroxide per gallon of water used to hydrate/pasteurize the sub. it allows for the myc to grab hold of the sub enough to have more teratory than most tams if they exist. ive been using pretty poor sterile tech and i havent seen a tam using peroxide this way. im still pretty green tho

• Like 1