• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

harlaman

First tek, some mycelium and general questions

harlaman
53 minutes ago, MushFlush said:

Welcome. Looks ok. You want to keep your humidity up, don't let it get too dry in there. Did you dunk your cakes overnight after you birthed them? 4-5 times a day is a bit much man. How many days have they been in fruiting?

Hey mate, thanks for the response. How to keep humidity up without spraying and evaporating via fan (curious because 4-5 spray is too much but humidity needs to be kept up)? What's the proper technique here.

They've been fruiting for about 3-4 days I'd say already after a 24 dunk in water and a roll in 1 part peet moss and 1 part medium grained verm.

• Like 2

mushmouth

For sure the evaporation process is a balancing act. You want evaporation so the cakes will pin but you don't want them to dry out. I think MF was telling you to be careful with that fan.

• Like 2

harlaman

Thanks! Maybe they have dried out a bit from over use of my convenient little fan setup. Will keep humidity up and fanning to 1-2 minutes.

As far as placement of my bin. Is that spot okay? Don't know too much about what kinda light cubensis prefer. So far in that current spot, they get decent indirect light from the window a few feet away.

• Like 1

magicman

perfect

harlaman

update**

Less misting, sprayed sides of bin to keep humidity up, fanned for 1-2 minutes the other day + today and noticed some pins.IMG_1191.JPGIMG_1192.JPG

I did notice some discoloration in the mycelium on some of the cakes though. Not sure to be nervous, would love some insight.

The color seems a bit blue-ish rather than gray. No cob-web feel or look to them. Heres a closer picture: (look at the top right area of the cakes here)

IMG_1193.JPGIMG_1194.JPG

the color is kind of like the color my in-jar pins turned after I flushed em from the cakes and let them dry in paper towels, which makes me feel a little less nervous since they naturally turned this color and I've seen many grown shrooms that have that hue. Pictured below:

IMG_1196.JPG

Sorry for being a daily update kind of guy, not sure if that's frowned upon or whatever.

Hope it's okay to be that way given my inexperienced status.

Thanks a billion

• Like 2

mushmouth

It's never frowned upon if you bring pics :thumbs_up:

Looking good bro. It's bruising. See how it's a nice blue? Makes me feel good kind of blue?

Are they your first pins?

harlaman
18 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

It's never frowned upon if you bring pics :thumbs_up:

Looking good bro. It's bruising. See how it's a nice blue? Makes me feel good kind of blue?

Are they your first pins?

Yeah mate!

First pins. Gonna look this bruising business up 

AL2O3

Your rh and fae seem to be on point, you will harvest in no time.

• Like 1

Niidaho

Looking good welcome to ology ! will be watching.cant wait to see some big ones .

• Like 1

harlaman

Just gave these pins their first photo shoot, talked them up real sweet. Hopefully boosting their confidence for the next one. (all photos were of diff cakes)

Only 2 of 9 have not yet showed any decent sized pins like these below. I'm curious as to what makes that so...

IMG_1202.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

• Like 2

Niidaho

Could be they are just a little slower are a contaminant has weakened them some are the got to much are not enuf heat there is tons of reasons ! Just watch closely as u get more experience u will start picking out what's going on with them .that was a hard one for me I wanted to know why now but it's a learning curve u just have to experience.enjoy the gro and don't sweat it .wait till u have a full on crash will drive u crazy lol.

harlaman
Could be they are just a little slower are a contaminant has weakened them some are the got to much are not enuf heat there is tons of reasons ! Just watch closely as u get more experience u will start picking out what's going on with them .that was a hard one for me I wanted to know why now but it's a learning curve u just have to experience.enjoy the gro and don't sweat it .wait till u have a full on crash will drive u crazy lol.

Damn homie I wish I knew what you were talking about

Niidaho

Your question on why 2 cakes are not pinning.have a touch of add well more then actually.u will learn a lot from watching your gro is the gist of it .some things have to be learned hands on .enjoy your success.

mushmouth

Lookin good :thumbs_up:

• Like 1