Welcome to Shroomology

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CaptainRabbit

Cased Pans Cyanscens white puffs.

Question

My first tray of Pans.Cyanscens.

Spawned on rye berries. Cased 50/50 peat/Verm.

Covered in foil 10 days. I misted the casing after 5 days.

Opened last night and discovered this... I don't think it's mycelium...20161004_083200.jpg

20 answers to this question

Thanks so Much! I'll be back ! Mush Love!

2 people like this

I should add... there is a slight musty smell, similar to decomposing straw

From what I have read pans are slow on plain rye .and the mycilium on the one I have done so far looked really Cottony .i would sit it out in the light way away from your gro area I'm betting it turns green .sorry.

1 person likes this

Thanks!

so you put a casing on then incubated the casing, after incubating the substrate?

I think there was a missed step. But you should send to fruit and see what happens!

Maybe we have a new tek... Not likely tho

Yes that is what I did. Ipasteurized 50 50 peat and vermiculite,  took the colonized rye berries and placed them into the bottom of a tray. Then I covered the berries with the casing. The first time I did this was with the initial colonized substrate from the Spore syringe. Results with this we're not super impressive although successful. However that was with Treasure Coast. The tray and this picture is pans cyans. Also the initial colonized substrate from Spore syringe but this time not the Treasure Coast. I do have a tray of Treasure Coast which seems to have successfully endured this casing colonization but time will tell. Other forums do not seem to indicate the requirement for this spawning substrate ie Coco coir and poop. Perhaps I read too many teks and got myself confused, but for example the PF Tek which I used initially early this year did not have this spawning step. In fact I did not even case these cakes but let them grow in a fruiting chamber and got two decent flushes. I am prepared to change my procedures because I want to be quite successful. 

probably but doesnt look like much value for the money. my experience wih caribsea products is they cost way too fucking much. I have a lot of aquariums.

2 people like this

I'll keep looking. Also, is humus suitable as compost? I can get 50 lbs of Black Kow manure for a fiver at wallyworld..

1 person likes this

yes humus works. it is basically compost. Just don't get anything that has added fertilizers or nutrients. And preferably no added peatmoss or anything that will lower the PH beyond normal levels.

1 person likes this

OK. I have a pH meter. What is my target?

7.5 - 8.0 ph you will need to adjust it most likely with pickling lime or the sorts.

1 person likes this

Good luck rabbit !keep us posted .

1 person likes this

Great news ! Looks like that tray is gonna be fine! Fine for the compost pile...

20161006_202917.jpg

That's a fine tubo green u have there my friend! It happens to the best of us .what strain are u trying?

That was pan. Cyanscens.

Sorry was thinking panaeolus. That would have been a awsome gro log .hope to see u nail it .

1 person likes this

On 10/9/2016 at 8:37 PM, Niidaho said:

hope to see u nail it .

Niidaho, one of my Ology heroes. Thanks for the space Coast spore prints it was super clean and I hope I'm about to get a monster flush. 

Thanks