• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

CaptainRabbit

Cased Pans Cyanscens white puffs.

Question

CaptainRabbit    767
CaptainRabbit

My first tray of Pans.Cyanscens.

Spawned on rye berries. Cased 50/50 peat/Verm.

Covered in foil 10 days. I misted the casing after 5 days.

Opened last night and discovered this... I don't think it's mycelium...20161004_083200.jpg

20 answers to this question

CaptainRabbit    767
CaptainRabbit

Thanks so Much! I'll be back ! Mush Love!

• Like 2

CaptainRabbit    767
CaptainRabbit

I should add... there is a slight musty smell, similar to decomposing straw

Niidaho    2,006
Niidaho

From what I have read pans are slow on plain rye .and the mycilium on the one I have done so far looked really Cottony .i would sit it out in the light way away from your gro area I'm betting it turns green .sorry.

• Like 1

Mush Zombie    23,707
Mush Zombie

so you put a casing on then incubated the casing, after incubating the substrate?

OpenBar    1,654
OpenBar

I think there was a missed step. But you should send to fruit and see what happens!

Maybe we have a new tek... Not likely tho

CaptainRabbit    767
CaptainRabbit

Yes that is what I did. Ipasteurized 50 50 peat and vermiculite,  took the colonized rye berries and placed them into the bottom of a tray. Then I covered the berries with the casing. The first time I did this was with the initial colonized substrate from the Spore syringe. Results with this we're not super impressive although successful. However that was with Treasure Coast. The tray and this picture is pans cyans. Also the initial colonized substrate from Spore syringe but this time not the Treasure Coast. I do have a tray of Treasure Coast which seems to have successfully endured this casing colonization but time will tell. Other forums do not seem to indicate the requirement for this spawning substrate ie Coco coir and poop. Perhaps I read too many teks and got myself confused, but for example the PF Tek which I used initially early this year did not have this spawning step. In fact I did not even case these cakes but let them grow in a fruiting chamber and got two decent flushes. I am prepared to change my procedures because I want to be quite successful. 

Mush Zombie    23,707
Mush Zombie

probably but doesnt look like much value for the money. my experience wih caribsea products is they cost way too fucking much. I have a lot of aquariums.

• Like 2

CaptainRabbit    767
CaptainRabbit

I'll keep looking. Also, is humus suitable as compost? I can get 50 lbs of Black Kow manure for a fiver at wallyworld..

• Like 1

Mush Zombie    23,707
Mush Zombie

yes humus works. it is basically compost. Just don't get anything that has added fertilizers or nutrients. And preferably no added peatmoss or anything that will lower the PH beyond normal levels.

• Like 1

CaptainRabbit    767
CaptainRabbit

OK. I have a pH meter. What is my target?

Mush Zombie    23,707
Mush Zombie

7.5 - 8.0 ph you will need to adjust it most likely with pickling lime or the sorts.

• Like 1

Niidaho    2,006
Niidaho

Good luck rabbit !keep us posted .

• Like 1

CaptainRabbit    767
CaptainRabbit

Great news ! Looks like that tray is gonna be fine! Fine for the compost pile...

20161006_202917.jpg

Niidaho    2,006
Niidaho

That's a fine tubo green u have there my friend! It happens to the best of us .what strain are u trying?

CaptainRabbit    767
CaptainRabbit

That was pan. Cyanscens.

Niidaho    2,006
Niidaho

Sorry was thinking panaeolus. That would have been a awsome gro log .hope to see u nail it .

• Like 1

CaptainRabbit    767
CaptainRabbit
On 10/9/2016 at 8:37 PM, Niidaho said:

hope to see u nail it .

Niidaho, one of my Ology heroes. Thanks for the space Coast spore prints it was super clean and I hope I'm about to get a monster flush. 

Thanks