• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

panterafancfh101

is it possible to do bulk grow with BRF for substrate?

panterafancfh101

can i i do a bulk grow with brown rice flower and vermiculite as my substrate ? instead of going and getting cow poo or somthing? i have a bunch of vermiculite and BRF left over from my cakes.

PsychoNanoNaut

As long as the container you put it in can fit in a pressure cooker I guess, be creative. I used a glass Pyrex Tupperware that was a fair size, I could fit 4 quart jars of brf mix with a layer or dry Verm on top. Used foil lid taped to the sides and holes taped with micropore tape. Then birthed the whole thing, (should have prolly cased it). It has given fatter than quart jar cake yields for sure. Here is a pic.

IMG_0011.JPG

I nocced it with Brazil strain because ime its the fastest colonizing. 

panterafancfh101

nice man, i just dont understand why there isnt a tek for it or no body does it... but if it works for you then hell ya im going to do the same

Those Who Were

There are teks for it out there but it's very simple. U can use aluminum trays and inoculate with lc/ms syringe directly through the side of them then cover the holes with tape. U could also try inoculating a substrate mix directly in this manner (lc syringe would be best)

Play around with it and post it on here man!

Sent from outer space encoded in DNA using Tapatalk

AL2O3

Timely colonization is importiant, the size of the sub effects colonization time. If its to big and not enough points of inoculation,  stalling is a issue.

• Like 1

PsychoNanoNaut

Yes, fast colonizing is the key, stalling leads to contamination ime.   I love brf as it was my first grow, but grains are superior because they provide multiple innoculation points. Imagine every grain is a tiny lc syringe that squirts the good stuff into the sub. I guess it would be easier still if you used a colonized jar of grain to noc the "bulk brf cake" instead of a regular syringe. 

• Like 1