Bad spore syringe?

PsychoNanoNaut

Question

PsychoNanoNaut

Noc'd up a couple brf and WBS jars with a Mestizo strain syringe from a (non-sponsored) vendor that I had from before I joined here and found the best at sourceofspores.com. The syringe was stored in fridge with others that were successful (same vendor).

Anyway while looking for growth after a week, the WBS jars had nothing but maybe a splotch, (could be a busted seed) and the brf jars had growth but it doesn't look right to me. It's very weak and looks "slimy", one growth spot even looks green. Right on the growth? Cmon now..

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

Here is a picture of a brf cake I nocced at the same time with a syringe I made myself. What a difference in the growth. I can't think of anything else. This was a bad syringe right? 

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

PsychoNanoNaut

Yeah, I thought so, it's so important to go with a reputable vendor. It's where it all starts. Now I realize that a "deal" means they have old syringes they need to sell or toss. Bastards. Fuck me once,shame on you, if I ever buy from them again.. shame on me. Thanks for the confirmation, I will dump the jars when I get home from work and start new ones. 

• Like 2
EatheMushie

Hell yeah man i was lucky enough to find this place first and i went to sourceofspores dot com and these are my jars 6 days after inoculation292f6426ab77de1fd0eb3145c1ceb151.jpg

Damn growth was like lightning!

thadragonmaster

Looks like a bad syringe too me. Might try to clean it up with agar.

PsychoNanoNaut

I will bury it deep in my garden. The suspect jars have already been separated from a few healthy looking ones. Hell, they might all get buried...

It is not possible to have a healthy growth on a few jars from the same shit syringe right? They will all eventually tam out correct?

Also, I will be leaving out of town for 4 days, I have some birthed brf cakes and small bulk trays that will be on their second flush when I go.  I have no one to pick any mature fruits for me without eating them... What can I do to slow growth of the cakes? Can I put them back in the jars maybe after the soak and birth them when I return? Put them in the fridge for 4 days? My Pops will be watching the house for me and he will devour them all. I was hoping to just leave him the mini bulk trays since he will smoke all my weed also. Lol

moxieshroom

Although Ive never tried it, putting them in the fridge should slow the myc from doing anything.  Putting them back in clean jars should keep the moisture content up. 4 or 5 days shouldn't matter

• Like 1
moxieshroom

Although Ive never tried it, putting them in the fridge should slow the myc from doing anything.  Putting them back in clean jars should keep the moisture content up. 4 or 5 days shouldn't matter

I feel your pain, I got some super cheap spores from a headshop last year and noc'd up 4 jars and after a month of no colonization whatsoever I gave up and went to a reputable source. I guess what they say is true,

"You buy cheap, you buy twice"

• Like 1

Same here...10 days of waiting for my WBS jars to colonize....and nothing!  Same deal....the 5 for for $20 is no deal....since none of my thirty jars are contaminated nor colonizing.....pissed