Top Posters In This Topic

• MaiNiaK

• Furthur

• magicman

• Biekerhouse

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2016 outdoor

Yeah it costs me about $10 in diesel to transport the 1,200 gallons. But it's going to take about 2 hrs to fill the tanks. I should invest in a gas powered pump with a 2 inch hose.   Update

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
MaiNiaK
22 hours ago, Apex said:

Wow loving your setup! Don't you just love those easy cool hoods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are nice hoods. Once you have 4+ hooked to each row they don't cool as well as one would think though. Each 8 inch fan sucking out should have a 16x16 passive inlet. Which can dump a lot of cold air in a room if not defused properly.

• Like 2

Hey brother would you link me to that thread over here? I can't open that other link you sent on RIU. Vnsmkr

Maybe I need to make some more posts to be eligible as well?

MaiNiaK
6 hours ago, jahearth said:

Hey brother would you link me to that thread over here? I can't open that other link you sent on RIU. Vnsmkr

Maybe I need to make some more posts to be eligible as well?

If you desire to learn how to grow psilocybe mushrooms, I encourage you to have a look around the forums. This is a friendly community of like minded individuals that are very giving and willing to help. 

Welcome to Shroomology.

May your path be enlightened by the medicine...!!

MaiNiaK

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
Those Who Were

thats awesome you have an open loop that can be pressurized man nice! how do you pour your tane soup? do you whip it or opt for more time in the vac oven?

speaking of DMT tho i have really wanted to vacuume purge some pulls of xylene or even nap but it would help so much with using xylene to make jim jam, that shit takes literally forever to evap

• Like 1
Those Who Were

yeah I wonder if you would get a full defate without using a filter stack and dry ice. Im sure the colder temps keep at least some fats out tho.

Biekerhouse
Just now, johnwayne1357 said:

yeah I wonder if you would get a full defate without using a filter stack and dry ice. Im sure the colder temps keep at least some fats out tho.

The tech I'm thinking of you load the upper tube with material & a filter disk between upper and lower tubes.. Pull vacuum on the whole thing close valve between 2 tubes blast into the top ...open the bottom an close top the tane mix will go into the ice sleeved tube wait 24hr with the tane in the ice sleeve. Then open the bottom and filter into Pyrex

Those Who Were

hmm i havent heard of people letting it sit for a day thats interesting.
that makes sense tho, sitting in the ice sleaved tube will cause the lipids to solidify idk if it takes that long tho, its best to just have the whole thing dry ice jacketed imo, in closed loop systems a filter stack dewaxes amazingly, its a stack of decreasing micron screans. The chemest that blasts for a dispensary in my area swears by the filter stacks and his shatter is really fuego.

Biekerhouse
56 minutes ago, johnwayne1357 said:

hmm i havent heard of people letting it sit for a day thats interesting.
that makes sense tho, sitting in the ice sleaved tube will cause the lipids to solidify idk if it takes that long tho, its best to just have the whole thing dry ice jacketed imo, in closed loop systems a filter stack dewaxes amazingly, its a stack of decreasing micron screans. The chemest that blasts for a dispensary in my area swears by the filter stacks and his shatter is really fuego.

The longer you wait the more precipitates out ... The filter stack is the way to go I just add a dewaxing stage when I want somthing a little cleaner or if the strain I'm working with has buttering tendinces but I have had close to same results with a few unbleached coffee filters and a dewaxing compared to the filter stcks

Or you can go with the dual solvent dewax (winterize) and after you evap but before the vac desolve all your oil in ethanol stick in the freezer for 24-48 hr filter, evap, then vac (this method will give you jolly rancher hard shatter but the taste suffers)

• Like 1
Those Who Were

that makes sense, Itd be cool to find a graph of the lipids solubility in the tane to know how quickly they can be precipitated out.

Biekerhouse
42 minutes ago, johnwayne1357 said:

that makes sense, Itd be cool to find a graph of the lipids solubility in the tane to know how quickly they can be precipitated out.

I agree but lipid content varies so much from strain to strain and even plant to plant within the same strain I don't know if you could come up with a universal time frame. You could come up with a ratio tho (mg/hr) Or somthing but without knowing the lipid content of your starting matiral the ratio would be usless...

MaiNiaK
On March 22, 2017 at 10:40 PM, magicman said:

Damn that thing is big AF! I'm so jealous, how did you get a tank of butane? Also, how many cans worth of 'tane do you think you run through it for each run?

That thing is sweet MaiNiak! I need to make a lid like that for my collection dish! Not as much splash out. You gonna turn that into shatter?

LOL that would be crazy

A pound of butane = 3.8 (300ml) cans. That's a 20lb tank. 

This was my first time messing with it to be honest. I've been running about 4 lbs of butane per pound right now. But I believe I can reduce the consumption with this new setup.

My brother in law works for a gas company that sells butane. They have CP (chemically pure) grade and research grade. The 20lb tank is $125 plus $25 a tank per year for tank usage. They also have 50lb tanks aswell. We actually have a local hydro store that carries them but they charge $225 for a 20lb tank and $100 deposit on the tank that you get back when you bring the tank back. (Which is highway robbery)

I bought all my parts from "best value vac". It's way cheaper to buy the pieces and build your own, then to buy thier pre made units.

I am very new to extracting and it's definitely a learning process. 

I did have 1 batch shatter up for me. But I haven't been able to reproduce this. All the other runs have turned to more of a wax like substance, even after 72 hours in the vacuum oven. Luckily I have been able to get rid of all of it fairly quickly. 

As I figure this all out more I will be building this rig into a closed loop sytem . But like I said, I have a huge learning cure in front of me.

All input is appreciated..!!

• Like 2
Biekerhouse

@MaiNiaK what temp do you set the oven to? What are you running (nug?trim?) what is your process? I should be able to help you get your shatter more consistent with that info 

• Like 1