MaiNiaK

I've been setting the oven at 100 f.

The run I got to shatter up was trim. I then ran a pound of bud and got wax. So I've switched back to running trim for now until I get a little better at getting shatter.

Unfortunately, all the bud and trim we are running right now is from our fall harvest. This was all bone dry then bagged up and stored in a dark cool place.

Im starting to think that I'm not heating or allowing enough time to get as much butane out of the product before putting it in the oven. 

After it goes into the oven and reaches 100 I do wait 30 minutes before I run the vacuum up to 29.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaiNiaK

• Furthur

• magicman

• Biekerhouse

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2016 outdoor

Yeah it costs me about $10 in diesel to transport the 1,200 gallons. But it's going to take about 2 hrs to fill the tanks. I should invest in a gas powered pump with a 2 inch hose.   Update

Posted Images

Biekerhouse

The bone dryness can cause some problems with texture I usally try to get as fresh as possible I've even ran fresh plants... When the butane mixture is i, the Pyrex befor it gets to the parchement what do you do with it?

MaiNiaK
2 hours ago, Biekerhouse said:

The bone dryness can cause some problems with texture I usally try to get as fresh as possible I've even ran fresh plants... When the butane mixture is i, the Pyrex befor it gets to the parchement what do you do with it?

Nothing at all.. I blast into the Pyrex sitting in a warm water bath (maybe 90 deg), once most of the liquid butane is gone (but still slimy) I scrape it out onto the parchment paper.

Unfortunately during harvest season we are right out straight, trimming for 1 1/2 months. So I just dry all the trim. When we are done with the good sized bud on a plant, we strip the branches off and pull the fan leaves and hang the branches in a cool dark room.

We do have a large chest freezer, so we could freeze the product while fresh in the future.

Biekerhouse

You've got it right the only thing I do different is get everything cold ie. Butane in an ice bath , tube packed then frozen overnight this will limit the amount of fatts that you pick up you can also defatt in the lower ice sleeve like i said before .... I also stumbled upon a partcial defat tek by being in a hurry once 

Get your water bath hotter closer to 180° the sped up evaporation with cause it to cool much more and some of that fats Will precipitate out and you can take a clean spoon and fish the chunks out ... I always saved the "chunks" to see if it was anything good and every time is a nasty goo that smells pretty wired 

Fresh frozen is the best IMO I've ran some that have me 100% clear oil you couldn't see it on the parchement... it won't usually give you shatter thou it's always been very runny or the consistancy of wet sugar even after defat and 72hr under vac but the taste is out of this world!!!

• Like 2
magicman

One of my friends just gave me some tips for making shatter, and my last 2 runs have been shatter. I blast into a pyrex in a hot water bath, but I don't let it evap all the way where you need to scrape it out. I have a couple No Goo dishes I line with parchment and I pour it on the parchment while it is still liquid. I try to let it evap down till there is only a small amout of liquid left. I let it evap the rest of the way and pop it in my vac oven set to 95. I kick up the temp 2 degrees every hour or so until I get it up to the low hundreds. Then I start the vacuum, when it starts to muffin up I release the vacuum, and repeat until it doesn't really bubble up anymore. Every once in a while I will check it and release the vacuum again if I see a lot of bubbles, then re-vac.

It has worked the last 2 times, one was a nug run that turned out super tasty, the other was a trim run, which still turned out pretty good. I still have a lot to learn also.

I use 6 300ml cans for my 1lb extractor, maybe I should be using more for a better yield. @Biekerhouse, you put your cans in ice water? I've always heated them up in hot water, it seems to make the butane more liquidy and less gas. Am I doing that wrong?

• Like 1
Biekerhouse

Yes! The pour how could I forget.... From what I understand Butane evaps at 40°f roughly ... A liquid in a sealed container will evap untell the container bursts or builds enough pressure to raise its boiling point enough to stabilize so I'd imagine your getting higher pressure not so much more liquid 

• Like 1
MaiNiaK

Thanks for all the advice you guys..

I was wondering about releasing the vac. When I have released the vac in the past I have noticed that the bubbles subside and at times, starts to look shiny like it should. Then I turn the vac back on and it bubbles right back up again. 

Ive noticed that raising the heat makes it turn back to an oil like consistency. But it won't shatter up afterward. At times though it doesn't seem like it will release the bubbles unless the temperature is higher.

The tank I have right now is about empty, but I don't believe the gas company checked it prior to filling. If I freeze the tank at all, nothing comes out. Which leads me to believe someone used the tank with a closed loop system and ether didn't vacuum the closed loop prior to using or didn't have an inline drier on the return line. 

Biekerhouse

For the first 24 hr under vac try to flip the slab a few times  that will help relase the bubbles and give you that Swiss cheese look ... If you can visually see bubbles form and pop while its under vac its not done enough yet when it's done it won't react to vac (at least visually)

• Like 2
magicman

That thing's a beast! I wish I could haul that much water, I pay $250 for 2000 gallons to get delivered

• Like 1
OpenBar
10 hours ago, mushmouth said:

Sorry bud. DO NOT SELL ANYTHING AT OLOGY. It is a banable offence.

I was just playing. I wasn't really thinking he was selling or that i was buying.

• Like 2
MaiNiaK

Blue cheese, sugar black rose, blueberry gum and hash bomb, we've been growing for atleast 3 years now. Theses are really stable genetics. Nothing I hate more then a strain that has 3-5-10 different pheno's. It's hard enough finding strains that will finish outdoors here. We have run some other strains that have a great pheno, but you can't tell by looking at the seedling and you end up with 2 good pheno's, 2 pheno's that are huge fluffy bud (that no one wants) and 2 smaller plants that don't represent the genetics you're looking for.

We minimize the risk by sticking with known genetics, we know are good producers and great smoke. A few others we tested in the past that are in this years line up. DP, NLS, NLB, 707, GB, AND B OG.  All the rest are unknowns and we'll only grow 1 of each at most. 

Other growers that wait till the last minute and can't seem to ever be prepared to order and start their own seedlings, get a few of the known strains and a few of the unknowns. Everyone that gets any seedlings from us we know well, so we get a sneak peak of which genetics are good before we run them on a larger scale.

We only use feminized genetics. Which is another hurdle, oblong side climate zone, to finding good stable genetics that we know will do well here. It would be a pain in the a$$ to have to sex every strain we run. We wouldn't know exactly how many we're going to have and would be forced to run double the amount. That would just increase the odds of something going wrong and someone getting a male on accident. We don't like using clones outdoors, seedlings just have better vigor. 

• Like 1
mushmouth
9 hours ago, MaiNiaK said:

At first I didn't get what you were talking about. 

I was just demonstrating how we help our friends within our community. (This wasn't meant as an offer for sale)

I apologize for the misunderstanding and will delete that comment in my post.

(just realized I can't edit the post due to elapsed time. Feel free to remove any portion of said post)

When you posted prices of the seedlings is when my ears poked up. Not a huge big deal, but made me wonder. Then you said you were going to list the "amounts" of them. Now I'm thinking, "WTF? He's gona list prices?" Then you came back with the list of quantities of them. Lol, derp.

On another note, why can't we start naming mush strains like this?

• Like 2
MaiNiaK

Yeah. I went back and read what I wrote and realized I should have worded things better. (Rushing)

Didnt even see your post till I went back later (after listing the number of seeds, breeders and strain).

• Like 2