• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PsychoNanoNaut

• Queen Isabella

• Loneshroom

• phish

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got my LC syringes, some nice clean looking growth on all three. Time to break out the PC. I already have jars with 250ml of liquid that I will noc tonight. 

Thanks for the info. So far the LC has been doing well. Visible growth after a week. Here's the pics, first lions mane then the Shittake and reishi. I got filter bags from a mush supply place onl

Hey Psycho, check it, my first lions mane Fruiting from Coco coir sub with popcorn spawn. Just notice the micropore tape had a lump forming yesterday and it has tripled in size since yesterday evening

Posted Images

PsychoNanoNaut

Adding shiitake to the list now. My cubies will have friends. Hafta dedicate a whole closet to this now. lol

• Like 2
PsychoNanoNaut

Will def post a grow log when I get em. Excited. Got the LC syringes for 7 bucks a piece on ebay. Guy had great feedback so said why not?

• Like 2

.i have tried the pellet techs and they work well for just about everything.so that would be the easiest Imo.if u have to logs that would be cool to they produce a long time from what I have read .good luck looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

• Like 1
PsychoNanoNaut

Yes, you and I both. I will try eating them and if they taste nasty. Will maybe dry them and take in capsules like I do the cubes. The other half of it will be growing them for fun and experience when I finally get it.

• Like 2
PsychoNanoNaut

Wonder if hickory wood chips would be helpful for sub. Just ask cause I have a ton of bags of that. Maybe make some blocks with hickory, straw and a little brf? Again, because all this is on hand.

• Like 1
Loneshroom

The lions has a weird texture... Real chewy squishy. Lol and I have a hard time eating them. The rest not to bad at all actually. 

• Like 2

The chips will work great u just have to sterilize them the fuel pellets are heat processed so u can get by without .straw and chips would be awsome if it works ! Straw produces a lot longer maybe because of the moisture holding capability ?but I get five are six flushes off straw .

• Like 1
PsychoNanoNaut

Sweet, thanks. I have a bunch so ima try different recipes. can I use oven bags in place of grow bags? Just tape a filter opening on them?

I haven't tried oven bags but I don't see why not .u might want to look up the melting temp of them to be sure tho .i would say get some good bags but we have all been broke are in a hurry .lol

• Like 1
humboldthilldad
6 hours ago, PsychoNanoNaut said:

Sweet, thanks. I have a bunch so ima try different recipes. can I use oven bags in place of grow bags? Just tape a filter opening on them?

I've used oven bags in the PC. Sometimes it works. Sometimes they bust open. Holes punched with micro pore tape, so not sure. I'd go with good bags. I believe they're about the same price or slightly cheaper. I'd have to look again but I just bought some and I believe they were cheaper.

Queen Isabella

I am watching this. I just picked up a truck load of sawdust and have some soaking rite now for sterilization tomorrow. Lions mane, shiitake ..can't wait to see lots of pics of your grow bro.

• Like 1
Queen Isabella

Awesome. I will be cooking off ten LC jars tomorrow and knocking them up followed by 14 quart jars of sawdust. What recipe did you use for those liquid cultures.??

Did that PE culture start from spore?

• Like 1
PsychoNanoNaut

I use a simple one that has worked for me. 100ml distilled water for every 4ml light karo. PC at 15psi for 15 min and then let pressure drop. Take out hot and swirl it. It grows slowly but surely. Minimal stirring, turns to a big glob, and makes it easy to spot tam. When I'm ready to make syringes i work the glob to the needle and suck it in.(breaks it into tons of pieces) then squirt back without taking the needle out,2 or 3 times and the whole jar turns cloudy af. Imo it makes cleaner syringes later with less added stuff. 

The PE syringe I got from SOS, and I been saving it till I get better, since I started this hobby in April.

• Like 2
PsychoNanoNaut

Does anyone know Russian?IMG_0518.JPG

Portobello spores? I ordered like 2 months ago. Lol

• Like 2

Excited for you man! I would say screw the oven bags and get some filter bags off amazon, I got like 100 for $10-15 they are SO worth it.. I can't comment on the reishi but the lions mane do really well on sawdust blocks. My feed store carries oak smoker pellets. They prefer oak, but if you can't get oak, other hardwoods like alder and maple work just fine. People say fuel pellets work but I looked into the fuel pellets in my area and their all made of hemlock, fir and other softwood evergreens. I think fuel pellet ingredients vary with your location in the country though. So be careful! Adding gypsum will give some extra minerals for the mycelium. I also throw in hydrated lime too but you don't need as much as you would in a cubensis substrate I have noticed. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Topics

• Mush Zombie
      I use an iso wiped flat head screw driver bit most of the time to scrape spore. Got lots of of them so why not? I do prefer inoculation loops, however. use whatever you have even if it’s a butter knife 
    • El_Piraña
      I don’t think you need to do anything special to get the spores onto the agar plate. I use a scalpel. I heat the blade to red-hot, and I cool the blade by sticking it into the sterile agar, then scrape spores, then ‘wipe’ the spores off the blade in the agar. I don’t know if others do it exactly this way, but it works for me. here’s one of three plates that I had inoculated from an Alacab print on 2/14.
    • ed61874
      No growth on plates at all day 7. Good thing is my test is clear. So my gb is close to sterilize so that is good will help a lot with contamination. I need pointers on the best way to get spores off of foil please. Im begin to think i was unable to get spores transferred this time. i know it is still early give it a few more days. Hey if not then it is ok i got spores and plenty of plates ready to go again lol.
    • Mushinist
      Yeah you dont have lye in it, it would be green if you did.  If you burn it, it will taste horrible or sting the lips or throat. Properly vaped it is smooth like you mention and shouldn't hurt your lungs at all. You can do a sandwich method with weed, this will help keep from burning it if that's how you want do it.  Looks good to me, like typical yellow spice, and good job on the extraction!
    • mushmouth