Reishi and lion's mane endeavor.

Queen Isabella
On 12/3/2016 at 9:18 PM, PsychoNanoNaut said:

Nice growth , I like the way the lions mane starts off a little thin lookin then as it mature it gets more dense and looks kinda like each clump has a sharp tail wagging behind it as it swirls. That reishi looks really nice :)

Hey man, did that PE multispore germinate in that liquid culture? I tried two jars with my PE to see if it would grow but after a few weeks and no growth I tossed it out. My syringe may have been kinda old because I didn't get very good germination rate compared to the amount of spores in the syringe. I got plenty of growth but nowhere the amount I was expecting from the amount of spores I had.

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PsychoNanoNaut

• Queen Isabella

• Loneshroom

• Niidaho

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got my LC syringes, some nice clean looking growth on all three. Time to break out the PC. I already have jars with 250ml of liquid that I will noc tonight. 

Thanks for the info. So far the LC has been doing well. Visible growth after a week. Here's the pics, first lions mane then the Shittake and reishi. I got filter bags from a mush supply place onl

Hey Psycho, check it, my first lions mane Fruiting from Coco coir sub with popcorn spawn. Just notice the micropore tape had a lump forming yesterday and it has tripled in size since yesterday evening

Posted Images

PsychoNanoNaut

The PE is from SOS, and it was mostly LC that MS when I got it. But I do see tiny growth in the jar, not as much as the edibles tho. I see what they mean by its very slow.

• Like 2
Queen Isabella

This is one of five quarts of brf lions man jars, innoculating date on foil. For the first week it looked like it wasn't going to colonize at all but all of a sudden boom. Mycelium everywhere. I did Shiitake too, it is colonizing more quickly than lions mane. 

IMG_20161225_092100768.jpg

IMG_20161225_092109158.jpg

• Like 2
Queen Isabella

Hey bud I wasn't trying to take over your post I just wanted to show you what I was doing. Hope it was OK to post all this. How did it go with your bag innoculate???

• Like 1
PsychoNanoNaut

Not too well, used too much water methinks, trying again. 

Good info tho, and that's what it's all about.

• Like 2
Queen Isabella

The in jar Fruiting is brf jar, and the lions mane pic in humid ity tent is this morning so you can see how much it has grown from the other day, this strain of lions mane is one that has tiny little spikes growning off larger ones. The vendor I bought from doesn't have strain name on the site . Do you know which strain of lions mane you have??

• Like 2
PsychoNanoNaut

The Lion's mane i have is Hericium Erinaceus, that's all I know. Lol

• Like 1
Queen Isabella

Yeah, some mycelium ran through the coir but it fruited directly off the popcorn. Never tried Fruiting on the coir anywhere. 

• Like 1
PsychoNanoNaut

That's awesome. Lion's mane is stronger than the average myc. Lots of air flow huh? Noted 

• Like 1
Queen Isabella

Hey Psycho, I am growing some lions mane mycelium out on whole oats, it is growing much slower than on popcorn. I found another grower with experience in edibles, he grows woodlovers on popcorn exclusively because they seem to like it so much, This is in line with my experience over the past few months. At least as far as lions mane is concerned. Pink oyster ate whole oats alive, ..

One thing I noticed is that the areas of the whole oats jar that had condensation are where the lions mane mycelium grew much faster,  it seems that LM love extra moisture, the sawdust jars I am growing of LM were half proper moisture and other half had excess moisture, the seven jars with extra moisture grew faster than the others and absorbed the extra moisture by the time they fully colonized, they are consolidating now till I dial in my chamber,.

• Like 1
Queen Isabella

Watching, I been reading about using the water from the wood soak to hydrate grain or whatever. Nice project to watch. 

Also I just knocked up some jars with the reishi I got from you, didn't test it first, outa plates so I took a chance and did all seven jars. I have some red reishi lucidum so if you need some extra hit me up...

• Like 1