• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

El_Piraña

No pour agar jars - lid questions

El_Piraña

On my first and only attempt at agar so far, I poured after PC. This time around I want to try following a no pour agar tek.

I plan to use 4 oz jars with the std metal lids & rings. I don't think I will modify the lids for GE or SHIPs.

Should I keep the lids slightly loose before putting in the PC then tighten as I remove each one?

AL2O3

Yo

Yes  make agar and pour it into jars ND then pc them for 20min. you good! how is this a no pour tek you aways habe to pour agar into jars or dishes.

Guess I have to write a book so you all can see it. 

• Like 1

El_Piraña
12 hours ago, AL2O3 said:

Yo

Yes  make agar and pour it into jars ND then pc them for 20min. you good! how is this a no pour tek you aways habe to pour agar into jars or dishes.

Guess I have to write a book so you all can see it. 

Thanks. I thought the no pour tek just meant that the agar is poured into the jar before PC rather than pouring it after PC.  

How common is it to have some kind of filtered lid on the jar?

mushmouth

Yep. As soon as the pressure drops in the PC, open it, take each jar out and tighten the ring. The agar and air in the jar will cool and the jar will pull a vacuum. The lid should ding in just a minute or two. If you're going to open them in a GB don't forget to bring a spoon with you to pry the lids off.

why are you doing them like that? Long term storage before noc?

• Like 2

El_Piraña
3 hours ago, mushmouth said:

Yep. As soon as the pressure drops in the PC, open it, take each jar out and tighten the ring. The agar and air in the jar will cool and the jar will pull a vacuum. The lid should ding in just a minute or two. If you're going to open them in a GB don't forget to bring a spoon with you to pry the lids off.

why are you doing them like that? Long term storage before noc?

I'm in this cycle of reading as much as I can, absorbing as much as I can and then rethinking how I can do things with the materials I have and what I think will work. 

I just wanna understand completely as much as I can about every detail.  I hope everyone here doesn't get tired of all my questions, it's helping me tremendously 

I've got between 25-30 more of those 4 oz jars that I'd like to use for agar.   I may modify some of the lids by adding filter discs, I'm already working on 32 more plastic lids for wide mouth jars. 

By the way, how long does it take for the agar to dry out if the jar doesn't have a vacuum seal?

• Like 2

Queen Isabella

Check out the lids in my grow log, I use the same ones for no pour agar, the gas exchange holes are so tiny that I have never noticed any loss of moisture in anything I have used them on. I would be comfortable leaving my no pour agar in the fridge for months before use. I leave foil on the lid and put them in a Sterlite tub in the fridge. I think page #2 shows my lid construction for LC, I use same for everything. PE #22 from the beginning , is my log

• Like 2

El_Piraña
8 hours ago, Queen Isabella said:

Check out the lids in my grow log, I use the same ones for no pour agar, the gas exchange holes are so tiny that I have never noticed any loss of moisture in anything I have used them on. I would be comfortable leaving my no pour agar in the fridge for months before use. I leave foil on the lid and put them in a Sterlite tub in the fridge. I think page #2 shows my lid construction for LC, I use same for everything. PE #22 from the beginning , is my log

I think I used a semi-equivalent lid setup, only my filters are cut out of synthetic filter discs and the holes are not spread apart.

image.jpg

image.jpg

8 hours ago, Queen Isabella said:

Check out the lids in my grow log

I just checked out again. 

I had looked through it the other day and noticed that you tried to slow down the cooling by placing a towel over the PC. I may try it similarly if it helps