• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PsychoNanoNaut

• magicman

• mushmouth

• Hillbilly

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was looking for San Pedro cactus to grow and eventually try for the first time. Also other active cacti like Peruvian torch. First been reading up a shit ton about them, identification crash courses,

No. 4 is definitely the Trichocereus pachanoi. Looks like you have a natural supply springing up all around you. I once had about 20 12-footers on my patio. The cat would drag in needles which subs

Went to home deeps yesterday, the cacti were going fast. So I picked up 2 of the last ones. Fuck it, there's a good chance they are the real deal. Got the two I pictured the other day cause they were

Posted Images

TentacleFace

Very cool stuff, #4 looks most promising (to me); because of the blue colouring. Keep in mind I don't know shit about cacti (except that "cactuses" is much more fun to say out loud than cacti).

HB could probably shed some light if he's kicking around the ether-sphere.

Hillbilly, oh Hillbilly, where art thou Hillbilly? :fluffy:

• Like 1
Those Who Were

thats sick that u have them just springin up around you!! a goal of mine is to populate my area with psychedelic cacti but upon more research ive found it will be very hard because of the low temps in the winter://

and elf how much harmala extract do u think should be used also what about pure thh?

• Like 1

thats sick that u have them just springin up around you!! a goal of mine is to populate my area with psychedelic cacti but upon more research ive found it will be very hard because of the low temps in the winter://

and elf how much harmala extract do u think should be used also what about pure thh?

I generally added 2g of P. harmala and found it potentiated things astonishingly well. You might prefer to do the vinegar extraction method:

https://erowid.org/plants/syrian_rue/syrian_rue_extraction5.shtml

Queen Isabella

Hey Psycho, I love cacti, I want some seed to start some Loph. Will. If I can get my hands on some I will share the love as much as possible.

Those Who Were
12 hours ago, elfstone said:

I generally added 2g of P. harmala and found it potentiated things astonishingly well. You might prefer to do the vinegar extraction method:

https://erowid.org/plants/syrian_rue/syrian_rue_extraction5.shtml

thanks man! that seems like a super simple extraction. will def. have to give that a try. just now starting to explore maoi's but on here i saw this thh tek, i think im gonna try both.

magicman
14 hours ago, PsychoNanoNaut said:

17 hours ago, Hillbilly said:

hey guys!! San pedro is good , but unfortunately in america lots of what you have growing there is PC strain and not very active at all. To the point itd not really worth growing for anything more than ornamental or grafting stock. cactus is kinda like weed used to be back in the 60s. some is good some isnt so good, but strains are developing fast. as a general rule of thumb san pedro (trichocereus pachanoi) is good except for the PC and its crosses. Bridgesii is nearly always strong, but its not so good in the really cold weather. peruvianus is generally decent strength and aint so bad in the cold. Again there are strains that vary inside these species, but thats a general rule of thumb.

1) def looks intresting, do you have any closer pics? it is san pedro. and i think it might not be pc so mught be a good one to grow.

2) def pc

3) def pc

4) def pc 

5) might be an intresting pedro, again id have to see it a bit better

6) some kinda cereus (not active)

7) id say is pc too

I think maybe the two youve collected so far maybe pc 

I collected #5 and another one not pictured. Gonna collect #1 and take close up pics for sure. Thanks for the info!

Oh yeah, one of the pictures is a stock photo of a real legit San Pedro. Not saying which one lol. One cutting has roots the other was plucked and base was calloused. Potted them today.IMG_0694.JPG

Put a small peyotz I got on eBay for about 20 bucks in the pot too.IMG_0693.JPG

That may be a Lophophora Diffusa if you got it on ebay. It doesn't really look like Loph Williamsii. Still cool to have in your collection :)

PsychoNanoNaut

On my way home this evening, I look over and in front of a bank.. a possible huge Peruvian torch cacti. could it be? Fuck it, gank. lol IMG_0708.JPGIMG_0709.JPG

collecting my specimens, marking the mother plant locations. For when and if I get them identified.

Hillbilly

nah id say theyre pc, they have pretty distinctive small aeroles that face up more than out, like a regular pachanoi. 

America seems to have so much pc 

• Like 2
PsychoNanoNaut

Aeroles facing out, noted.

There has to be some good shit around here amongst all these, I can hear it calling my name. I will keep hunting and collecting specimens... Thanks again HB, I hope this doesn't get old for you. Much appreciated. 

PsychoNanoNaut

Ok, so I have seen many more, but  all pc, not many stand out. Maybe this one. It's an old one, it fell over and kept growing like a champ.IMG_0838.JPGIMG_0839.JPGIMG_0840.JPG

I am excited about another I saw at a friends house, it was fat and almost blue like agave, the arms were perfectly straight and looked strikingly different than others I see.Didn't have time for a specimen till next time. Pics also.

magicman

I'm not an expert, but that does look like my San Pedros. Fingers crossed! It's cool you will never look at a torch cactus the same again lol

• Like 1
PsychoNanoNaut

It looks like it don't get watered, otherwise it would be a fatty with all that growth. Aeroles facing out and everything, wait till you see the  other one. It looks the same just well taken care of.

• 2 weeks later...
PsychoNanoNaut

Thank you, still on the search. In the meantime, I know there a lot of fakers selling P. Viridis that is really P. Alba with weaker actives, and I don't know what to beleive about "P. Nexus" a supposed hybrid of both. Can you guys clarify some of this for me, I read a shitload about it but I trust your guys opinions most. Is this P. Viridis, the real deal?IMG_0948.JPGIMG_0947.JPGIMG_0949.JPGIMG_0950.JPG