Thinking about Enoki

RhythmAddict

Thinking abouy trying my hand at Enoki for a first edible.  Wondered if anyone has had success with them and some tips.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Queen Isabella

Kewl ,reishi is awesome, I just knocked up 7 jars of popcorn with some reishi myself, this will be my first reishi grow also..

Do you know which kind of reishi you ordered. ?

• Like 1
RhythmAddict

Ganoderma lucidum.  i have a syringe of LC and figured id hold onto it until i get decent at liquid culture and noc a larger jar.  I used your 50/50 karo/honey recipe last night 1 tablespoon (15ml) of each for 30ml total since im doing 600ml jars.  probably noc em tonight or tomorrow morning.  

• Like 1
RhythmAddict

When do you determine its time for the fridge?  I innoculated my LC today.  I see what you mean about the sediment with honey.  Doesn't bother me any.  

RhythmAddict

Cool thanks!  i keep squinting trying to see hints of myc.  I "swirl" the jars by holding the bottom of the jar in my palm and twist it slowly back and forth.  breaks up the sediment real well with no splashing.

• Like 1
Queen Isabella

Ok, my edibles didn't care for the dark brown honey from my area, they are growing slowly.

They grew very quickly when I mixed half light karo with the darker honey but more slowly when using straight dark honey.

They grew super fast when I used straight light golden organic raw honey

. The only exception is the blue oyster it has grown quickly on the straight dark honey and filled the jars with culture like from top to bottom 90 percent culture and very little clear liquid. 

• Like 2
Queen Isabella

I started all of mine from live culture , liquid and agar wedge. Starting from spore always went very slowly for me. So now I start spores on agar and then go to liquid cultures I don't remember do you have yours in a incubator?

RhythmAddict

Yep

have mine in the incubator.  bit ive finally got the temp a little more stable with a thermal blanket wrapped over it.  went from spore so maybe its just being slow.  would it take longer than grain to start from spore?