Welcome to Shroomology

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

terro20013

Noobie..

104 posts in this topic

welcome !!!

2 people like this

The video I suggested above is a full three hour instructional, everything in order and extremely detailed, I would watch it regardless of the Tek you choose to start with. There's alot of good info on here but I haven't seen anything on any forum anywhere that is as informative as this one video. And it's all together in one spot.

2 hours ago, Queen Isabella said:

Go on YouTube type in Ultimate indoor mushroom grow tutorial... It is a full length detailed step by step video on growing . It is awesome...

OMG.... I love zombie tubs.. but I did do a brf cake grow first 

2 people like this

Yes. Welcome. :-)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Welcome welcome!!!

1 person likes this

Welcome aboard! And what ever tek you choose good luck! Remember to keep clean and sterile and most if all have lots of patience

2 people like this

I agree with Queen that seeking information from all sources is a great idea for people who already have the ability to recognize the quality of the information. For beginners it is more practical to stick to a single source of info like Ology until they see the bigger picture, the key to this site is to help people "get it" as fast and efficiently as possible

Welcome to Ology Terro, the dub tub is the way to go. It's a sick ass tek

Thanks again guys.. I'm not going anywhere. I just might have found a home..lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quick question. . I was doing some spring cleaning last year. And when I pulled my bed away from the wall, I noticed what looked to be mold on the wall. Not allot but there were a few spots. Do I need to sterilize the entire room?

I would clean that with a bleach solution for sure, more so for the sake of your health than your mushroom grow. Wear a respirator too. When it comes to growing, the Self Healing Injection Port (SHIP) lids mostly eliminate risk of airborne contamination. You could inoculate ship lid jars in a filthy outhouse as long as you flame your needle and wipe your injection port with 70% alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

That's some really good info!! That mold is long since gone, and I've since pulled the bed away from the wall a bit to get some airflow back there. .

I agree with Queen that seeking information from all sources is a great idea for people who already have the ability to recognize the quality of the information. For beginners it is more practical to stick to a single source of info like Ology until they see the bigger picture, the key to this site is to help people "get it" as fast and efficiently as possible

Welcome to Ology Terro, the dub tub is the way to go. It's a sick ass tek

Thanks again guys.. I'm not going anywhere. I just might have found a home..lolSent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quick question. . I was doing some spring cleaning last year. And when I pulled my bed away from the wall, I noticed what looked to be mold on the wall. Not allot but there were a few spots. Do I need to sterilize the entire room?

I would clean that with a bleach solution for sure, more so for the sake of your health than your mushroom grow. Wear a respirator too. When it comes to growing, the Self Healing Injection Port (SHIP) lids mostly eliminate risk of airborne contamination. You could inoculate ship lid jars in a filthy outhouse as long as you flame your needle and wipe your injection port with 70% alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are those ship lids you speak of made or bought?

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, terro20013 said:

Are those ship lids you speak of made or bought?

Most everything here is home made. Sorry, some of the links in the Teks don't work. If you can't find a link you need just ask on this thread.

2 people like this

Welcome my friend!!! Glad to have you one of my personal favorites is the Zombie tub iv had some great success with them lately!!!

Thanks again guys.. I'm taking it all in slowely.. doing allot of research and all. Going to build a glove box that I saw on YouTube seems easy enough. Am also looking into a d I y incubater like queen Isabela uses, or maybe do the fishtank heater in the Mason jar tek and put that in cabinet over the refrigerator. .not exactly sure though how fruiting process works entirely, but I'm working that out.. is natural light coming into a room from the windows enough light? And how much light is needed? Does the light requirements different from tek to tek?

1 person likes this

Since you're gonna build a glove box soon, you may consider a still air box (SAB) instead.  When you get to the point of needing to flame sterilize needles or other tools (you'll probably get to that point sooner than you think!) it will be easier to do so with the still air box.  I keep my alcohol burner just outside the SAB, it is easy access. Also, it is the still air inside the box that helps keep the contamination down. When ready to work, spray the inside with soapy water, particles that move in the air should stick to the sides/top/bottom rather than bounce off and move around the air.  

1 person likes this