• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mush123

Bruising or contamination

Mush123    87
Mush123

This tub has been in the fruiting chamber for about 10 days. I have a few pins on one side that seem to have the caps cracking because of too much fanning (i think). Also im noticing a lot of bruising. Lmk if you guys think its contamination. It smells completely normal to me. Its rye spawned to horse manure and the strain is cambodian. I still dont see too many knots forming which is concerning but the rye grain was pretty wet which could be why the pinning is being delayed. Have any of you seen this coloration on your tubs?

20170110_173046.jpg

mushmouth    6,167
mushmouth

Looks green to me bud.

• Like 1

MaiNiaK    1,088
MaiNiaK

Yeah this doesn't look good. The humidity is definitely to low also, probably due to over fanning.

TentacleFace    700
TentacleFace

Yeah, I agree with mushmouth. Looks like contam, toss it and start again.

• Like 1

Mush123    87
Mush123

Im just trusting my intuition here and say it is not. I dont smell anything and dont see any type of mold spores. I trully believe that all the fast moving air particles from using my box fan on max speed to fan for 2 minutes multiple times throughout the day have bruised the mycelium and also cracked the caps. This was not happening before i used this method of fanning. Ill update you guys when i find out for sure. This is a tough call for me :/

Mush123    87
Mush123

I deff feel like i fucked my humidity with all the fanning causing the mycelium to be stressed and therefore oxidizing the psilocin. Im attaching another photo so all of you can see the blue bruising with a tint of green to it. If this tub is not contaminated and fruits well, i want everyone to learn and know that too much fanning will cause such a thing and is nothing to worry about. If not, the members are right and the tub gets thrown out.

M123

20170110_234501.jpg

• Like 1

Don_Shadow    1,927
Don_Shadow

I'm on the fence on this one, I've seen mold and bruising that looked just like that before. No harm in leaving it to find out but for god sakes get some moisture in that tub!

• Like 1

Queen Isabella    1,221
Queen Isabella

I remember someone using an actual fan for fanning, but they only did it once at the very beginning of putting it into Fruiting conditions. They didn't keep using the actual fan after the one time. They gave their tub a blast of air for several minutes to get the evaporation process jumping and went to normal fanning after the one time fan blast. I've never used a fan for fanning any of my grows. But is interesting to watch how it works for you.

Natural1    0
Natural1

I have tried a small 4" fan blowing a few times a day on timer through filter material. Always ended in green. Totally enclosed but those green ones are pretty opportunistic

OpenBar    1,654
OpenBar

@Mush123 Dont worry about it. Looks like bruising to me. It happens all the time. Happens to me when I put a fan on a tub and walk away and forget im fanning. so it will get dried out, then when you mist to re hydrated it, it will bruise if you don't fan again. Here is a tub i had that happen to me. It mite not be a great first flush but second one should be bigger. not the normal way but that's what happens to me.

brusing.JPG

• Like 2

mushmouth    6,167
mushmouth

The green is getting bigger bud. Did you moisturize it?

Mush123    87
Mush123

@mushmouth i started misting more and have not used the box fan. Humidity is back up to almost 100. The green/blue does not seem to be spreading.

• Like 1

INZ    53
INZ

I hope you keep at this friend I am very curious to see the outcome of this one. Hope this turns out well for you. Wouldn't want any wasted spores now do we?