Welcome to Shroomology

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptainRabbit

Is this enough light?

Question

I want to use my GH for ztub fruiting right now, since I already have more active Z-Tubs than I ever have, and need to utilize the space.

So I've run this LED light rope around it....

You can see my circulation fan at the bottom shelf....

Do you think I need to improve the lighting? This winter / spring I'll be legitimately using this as an automated GH, so I guess the sooner I get it dialed in the better...

20170111_134641.jpg

1 person likes this

6 answers to this question

What happens if there is too much light?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Not sure. Never done that. But I would bet that the only best trick is to give them a natural rhythm.

Do you mean intensity or rhythm?

25 minutes ago, cmbtscout2 said:

What happens if there is too much light?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Then the shrooms get zero to no flushes and if you are lucky one shroom will grow out of it and it will look just like a dick. I seen someone here grow that one dick shroom. I think he used too much light that's why it happened. I'm sure if you search dick and LOL together in the search bar you will find the post I'm talking about.

LOL at your fruiting chamber by the way. To keep a electric appliance like that in a chamber that should be or even might be at 100% humidity takes heavy retardation. All depends how severe the level of retardation you suffer from but from what I can see I must recommend that a guy like yourself to stay away from drugs altogether. 

I've never used lights. Ambient light from my window works fine. I just rotate the tubs every couple of days. Those lights are probably just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Rezz said:

that one dick shroom I got lucky by the fruiting chamber.

Lol

Rezz

Jk 

2 minutes ago, Don_Shadow said:

I've never used lights. Ambient light from my window works fine. I just rotate the tubs every couple of days. Those lights are probably just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Don. My room is blacked out.

I'll let it ride. 

1 person likes this

Mushrooms dont need light to grow. Some of my grows would only get any light was when i was mist nd fan.

2 people like this