Starting my salvia journey

Mushinist

Yes its actually purple, thought I'd see what they would do under a veg LED light, it was too much blue even though it was plenty high off the tops. I'm back to a T5 set up and they like it better. Strange thing is the big one is the only one that did that.

They should really take off after they are repotted in the next couple days..

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Mushinist

Don't wait too long JW because I don't know how long they stay viable. I'm hoping you have success though!

• Like 1
Mushinist

I just used happy frog, but I'm sure any good soil will do. As for the humidity, they probably would but you'd have to make sure they get plenty of Fae too otherwise the soil might get moldy, or promote disease on the leaves/plant. That would be my best guess, mine stay at 60-65rh.

• Like 1
Those Who Were

gotcha, im just trying to figure out if i can put them in my gh with the mushies thatd be ideal

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
_EC Myco

Whats the ideal time from seed to harvest ? Also how do you go about the cuing process ? Just let the leaves dry and then crumble it up ? Looks good man !

• Like 1

When i ordered salvia the leaves i got were that size and smaller, green and cracker dry. With a glass bong and a big bowl i ripped 3. Consecutively, with no aur between - as fast as possible because i was in another world before i could put the bong down. Without getting an extract you need a helper to smoke enoygh fast enough. Then the helper should go out of your sight but still be able to babyset. 

I recomend you audio record the session. You may be talking to things. When i did it i bought an ounce and it lasted me a long time. The trip is short lived but you can live 3 lifetimes being 3 different beings/things in that 15 minutes.  Its a crazy alternate reality kinda trip that you will probably spend on your back and on your couch.

I love the way your plant is looking..

• Like 1
Those Who Were

savia should be chewed not smoked. ive smoke the regular leaves as well brad its not something i would do again unless intentionally trying to get uncomfortable not too many people like that experience. im very excited to germ some seeds myself and start cloning and making a large crop to be able to chew 30 leaves and keep the crop alive

• Like 2

The dry leaves i got gave no results by chrwing. I tried it. I was ripped into alternative universes by smoking it. Not to argue but giving first hand experience. Chewing probably is more controlled. I was not in control but also was looking for that extra natural experience. I bet chewed it much better with fresh.

Samwise
10 minutes ago, Brad said:

The dry leaves i got gave no results by chrwing. I tried it.

Brad I've heard the leaves need to be fresh to be rich in magic. Dried, rehydrated leaves aren't the same deal apparently. Many Salvia users report a curious reverse tolerance with it over time, so that less material is needed in subsequent sessions.

There is a VICE episode I'm unable to watch here in the UK, where Hamilton Morris partakes of a traditional Salvia ceremony in Oaxaca. But just from the trailer, you can see he is consuming the leaves fresh, and he looks strongly affected.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a-traditional-salvia-ceremony-in-oaxaca

I would love to grow my own Salvia. Here in the UK, following the governmental blanket ban here last year, Salvia is now very hard to get hold of. I have smoked extracts and plain leaf a number of times in the past, while I've had some interesting (and a few horrifying) experiences, I'm not much more interested in consuming the leaves...allows for a much more gentler transition in Salvia space, I think you'll be able to bring a lot more back from it that way. The Mazatec Indians only use it orally and never smoke it.

That's amazing you were able to source viable seeds, Mushinist!! Great job with your plants, I'm following and am very interested to hear how your Salvia journey unfolds! :)

• Like 1

Yes it is very cool to see. I will be curious to hear the trip report. It was pretty crazy for me. I felt i was part of a community of ink blob people and they kept me in a tree house daycare with the children. Lol

My wifes dad pulled his dick out and walked around the house. Funny shit. I think he was going to piss on something. We put him in the fenced back yard. Lol

Its a strange one.

• Like 1
_EC Myco

Terrence McKenna talks about 'gumming' it and that it produces a much more drawn out , lengthy experience. I have yet to try that route of administration. 
Has anyone else gotten the flip book type of effect after it being smoked ? It was flashing very rapidly while forming a landscape that i 'woke up' in and couldnt find my way out of until it ran its course...quite confusing and horrifying at the time...

• Like 1

No. Not me. It was a dark place and hard to see any distance. But there was a scarry white light that me and the ink blob kids had to stay hidden from. It traveled on a trail below the treehouse. Lmao. Its funny now but was intense then.

• Like 1
Samwise

Just wanna say, you've done something pretty special here Mushinist, I doff my cap to you sir! :) From my research on Salvia, encountering seed is very rare. Encountering viable seed is rarer still. And it seems germinating seed and then growing beautiful plants from seed is pretty much unheard of! So well done dude, this is actually a really cool achievement, I've heard Salvia isn't particularly common in the wild, it has a restricted range in Oaxaca, Mexico, so projects like this could be really important for its long term conservation. The fact that it has produced viable seed will likely mean it has more of a healthy mix of genetics (I've heard that pretty much all Salvia known to peeps "in captivity" are the cloned cuttings from two individual plants). So look after these plants, and I'm sure they will look after you...will be interesting to see whether they may flower and produce seed of their own in time. I'll be really intrigued to hear how your journey unfolds with these plants! :)

5 minutes ago, Mushinist said:

I will be trying both methods, smoking and quidding, not only to see what the difference is but just for the experience.

I'm more interested in the quidding method though, and should be giving them a try for the first time within the next month after I get back from vacation. I will post a report after its all done.

Have you seen the VICE clip of Hamilton Morris ingesting Salvia leaves in a shamanic Mazatec setting? His shaman rolled up the leaves into cigar shaped tubes, and he chews and then swallows them.

The shaman sat me in a small wooden chair and began to chant in Mazatec while washing the leaves in a bowl of water. She then rolled them into tight tubes containing either one or two leaves, depending on their size. She handed me the tubes, and I ate them intently without speaking. The leaves were bitter, but not overwhelmingly so, and I chewed them slowly and thoroughly before swallowing to ensure they stayed in prolonged contact with my oral mucosa.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/salvia-velada-mazatec-shaman-ceremony-portfolio-v23n8

My hunch is that this is the way to go, and I'd rather do this than quid them, speaking from past quidding experience. In the clip of him doing this, he describes being strongly affected by the Salvia, and he is no stranger to substances! So I would recommend this as an additional method of consumption, will be interesting to compare this to the others.

• Like 2
Mushinist

I've read about eating it as well before, and does sound like a more preferable method especially concerning the duration.

I will be cloning off these here soon as well, I may try to bloom them to see if I can get any of them to set seed. Daniel Sieberts site, sage wisdom botanicals covers pretty much everything salvia so I will follow his instructions for all that.

He mentions there that growing from seed is no longer a rarity due to his work and a select few others. These seeds came from him, all the ones I planted had sprouted and are doing well giving some merit to what he said. I also think he mentioned that all these stem from the original Gordon /Wasson clones.

I figured I'd just try the seed as I wasn't comfortable having live clones shipped to me, the seeds I wasn't so worried about because they are super tiny and easier to conceal. A bit on the pricey side but imo well worth it. Now, as long as I take care of them I'll have an endless supply.

Thanks for the link and kind words Sam, I will report as it all unfolds :thumbs_up:

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
_EC Myco

Looking nice man ! The one on the left, is that how it normally matures or is there a little bit of nute burn / deficiency going on ?

• Like 1
Mushinist

That's what I was talking about with the light, the one on the left and right are affected by being too close to the light, the center one was still a little ways from it so it wasn't affected. I haven't given them any nutes yet, just rain water.

• Like 2