Starting my salvia journey

_EC Myco
21 minutes ago, Mushinist said:

That's what I was talking about with the light, the one on the left and right are affected by being too close to the light, the center one was still a little ways from it so it wasn't affected. I haven't given them any nutes yet, just rain water.

oops...completely missed that. The work grind has me a bit scatter brained ;p What kind of light source are you using ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mushinist

• mushmouth

• _EC Myco

• Those Who Were

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been researching salvia for several years now. I had an opportunity to try it once back when it was still legal in my state. Back then though I knew absolutely nothing about it, and I'm not reall

Been a while since I've added any pics and haven't really taken any before today, lol. Just been busy They are growing good, and those little greenhouses rock! Lol

Leaves are starting to get big now!

Posted Images

Mushinist

A 2ft T5 light with 4 bulbs, I only keep 2 on because it has separate switches for each set, all 4 seemed like it was a bit much. I think the bulbs are 6500k

• Like 2
_EC Myco

That is a very sensitive plant for t5 lighting to effect it that much !Lets hope for a speedy recovery :) I wonder how they would do under LED lighting

• Like 1
Mushinist

Scroll back to the beginning of the thread and you will see what LED lighting will do, lol.

• Like 1
Mushinist
18 hours ago, mushmouth said:

Looking good, Mush. Is the trip anything like DMT?

Thanks, and I don't know yet, I haven't tried it. I will soon though, I was waiting to get back from vacation, and there's a few things I gotta get done before I partake. 

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Beautiful! You're clearly a green fingered dude; I think those are the healthiest Salvia plants I've ever seen. And a great size! That Hamilton's Pharmacopeia episode where he has a Salvia ceremony with the Mazatec was interesting in that one got to see the Salvia plants in their natural habitat, and I was impressed with how large they were.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool plants, I've done salvia before, interesting trip, scared me shitless. Dmt was much more my speed funnyly enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 9 months later...
Mushinist

Well as a little update, I never was able to get them to bloom in the manner I've seen researching the web. Nonetheless I will keep trying! 

I did do a small, extremely fast, extraction on roughly 100g of dried leaf following Sphere's chilled acetone salvia extraction method found on the web. I will do a larger, more thorough extraction sometime next year which I'll document.

Anyways I ended up with 190mg of fairly pure Salvinorum A (80-85%), this will be used to spice up some salvia leaf to a non crazy concentration.

20181112_160057.jpg

• Like 2
Mushinist
1 hour ago, mushmouth said:

Is a trip sitter necessary with that stuff?

Maybe not at low doses, but I will have one just for safety's sake.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...