Starting my salvia journey

_EC Myco
21 minutes ago, Mushinist said:

That's what I was talking about with the light, the one on the left and right are affected by being too close to the light, the center one was still a little ways from it so it wasn't affected. I haven't given them any nutes yet, just rain water.

oops...completely missed that. The work grind has me a bit scatter brained ;p What kind of light source are you using ?

• Like 1
Mushinist

A 2ft T5 light with 4 bulbs, I only keep 2 on because it has separate switches for each set, all 4 seemed like it was a bit much. I think the bulbs are 6500k

• Like 2
_EC Myco

That is a very sensitive plant for t5 lighting to effect it that much !Lets hope for a speedy recovery :) I wonder how they would do under LED lighting

• Like 1
Mushinist

Scroll back to the beginning of the thread and you will see what LED lighting will do, lol.

• Like 1
Mushinist
18 hours ago, mushmouth said:

Looking good, Mush. Is the trip anything like DMT?

Thanks, and I don't know yet, I haven't tried it. I will soon though, I was waiting to get back from vacation, and there's a few things I gotta get done before I partake. 

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Beautiful! You're clearly a green fingered dude; I think those are the healthiest Salvia plants I've ever seen. And a great size! That Hamilton's Pharmacopeia episode where he has a Salvia ceremony with the Mazatec was interesting in that one got to see the Salvia plants in their natural habitat, and I was impressed with how large they were.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool plants, I've done salvia before, interesting trip, scared me shitless. Dmt was much more my speed funnyly enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 9 months later...
Mushinist

Well as a little update, I never was able to get them to bloom in the manner I've seen researching the web. Nonetheless I will keep trying! 

I did do a small, extremely fast, extraction on roughly 100g of dried leaf following Sphere's chilled acetone salvia extraction method found on the web. I will do a larger, more thorough extraction sometime next year which I'll document.

Anyways I ended up with 190mg of fairly pure Salvinorum A (80-85%), this will be used to spice up some salvia leaf to a non crazy concentration.

20181112_160057.jpg

• Like 1
Mushinist
1 hour ago, mushmouth said:

Is a trip sitter necessary with that stuff?

Maybe not at low doses, but I will have one just for safety's sake.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...