• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Sign in to follow this  
Moxie3000

Jars stalled? Advice?

Moxie3000

Hi, everyone.  Would appreciate ya'll's input.

I nocced these jars 26 days ago with MS syringe.  Shook 'em 14 days ago when they were at 25-30%.  They've recovered well but they seem to have stalled over the past 4 or 5 days.  I've seen little to no growth.

The bottom is especially not really colonized.  I'm pretty sure I didn't shake them hard enough to get myc down there so it's slow going.

Is this time frame normal?  Or is there anything I should be worried about or doing at this point - I don't want to risk contamination by having them sit around.  Or do they look ready to spawn to bulk?

Your thoughts are appreciated.  Here's pics of the front and back of the jars, a closeup of the tops of a couple of 'em and the bottoms of the jars.

20170302_050432.jpg20170302_050528.jpg20170302_050557.jpg20170302_050620.jpg

• Like 2

PsychoNanoNaut

F it, spawn them. I had some jars like that and I think the myc was too thick and wasn't letting air exchange at the bottom. They were BRF cake jars tho, but the myc grew like wildfire after I birthed them. Also the grains could just be dry at the bottom due to the verm. Its never a good idea to birth cakes or spawn grain before it's fully colonized they say.But imo this is the exception, what other choices do you have right? 

• Like 2

Mushinist

I had some rye berries do that with some B+, spawned to sub and it turned out fine, I second psycho's advice, go for it!:)

• Like 1

Moxie3000
7 hours ago, El_Piraña said:

It all looks good except the bottom.  Looks like you used vermiculite in the bottom for the no-fail tek? Maybe there is some vermiculite blocking the mycelium from growing down to the grains that are now at the bottom.  Do you know how much the vermiculite got distributed throughout the jar when you shook em?

Yup, that's vermiculite at the bottom per the no-fail WBS tek.  I didn't shake it good enough, and the jars were a little too full of WBS, so it was hard to get everything mixed up real good.  A lot of that vermiculite stayed settled at the bottom.

1 hour ago, PsychoNanoNaut said:

F it, spawn them. I had some jars like that and I think the myc was too thick and wasn't letting air exchange at the bottom. They were BRF cake jars tho, but the myc grew like wildfire after I birthed them. Also the grains could just be dry at the bottom due to the verm. Its never a good idea to birth cakes or spawn grain before it's fully colonized they say.But imo this is the exception, what other choices do you have right? 

1 hour ago, Mushinist said:

I had some rye berries do that with some B+, spawned to sub and it turned out fine, I second psycho's advice, go for it!:)

All right then!  I'm gonna spawn 'em!

Onward, onward brothers!  Onward to death or to victory!  If these mycelium die, they shall hold open the door for me to Valhalla!!!!!!

• Like 2

magicman

They'll be fine ;)

• Like 2