• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Arasa

Will this fan short out because of moisture and exposed wire?  Can I put RTV sealant on it to prevent that?

20170303_164126.jpg

20170303_164150.jpg

• Like 1

_EC Myco

Damn brother , its starting to look good ! Excited to see the fruits coming out of this...Hoping that 750$ investment was worth it !!! :wub: :P

• Like 1

Mushinist

Those little greenhouses are the shit!

Looking good!

• Like 2

1nickthegreek

Nice build @Arasa!! 

• Like 1

_EC Myco

Still looking like a beauty to me !! Great job @Arasa :wub: :P

• Like 1

Queen Isabella

Kewl project you got going there.

• Like 1

magicman

Ya you can just put your trays on the GH shelves, and open up the front and fan 2-3 times a day. You can set the humidifier on a timer to come on for a couple mins every 4 hours or so. You can tweek it so your rh stays high but there's not excess water to pool up on the bottom too much. That will work until you decide to get a hygrotherm and exhaust fan to make it automated.

You can even put the exhaust fan on a separate timer to come on for a couple mins right before the humidifier kicks on :) That way you won't have to open it to fan.

• Like 1

Arasa

If most contaminants and dirt is near the floor, would an exhaust fan be better towards the bottom of the greenhouse and holes for FAE towards the top?  Suck air in from above and exhaust out the bottom?

RhythmAddict

Nice!  I dont mind misting and fanning for now as i learn but already thinking of ways to make it easier.  i like your design!  

• Like 2

_EC Myco
3 hours ago, Arasa said:

If most contaminants and dirt is near the floor, would an exhaust fan be better towards the bottom of the greenhouse and holes for FAE towards the top?  Suck air in from above and exhaust out the bottom?

Also wondering about this....even though its best to work in the most sterile environment as possible, sometimes its not possible for us closet growers....best of luck though....:wub::P One love

3 hours ago, RhythmAddict said:

Nice!  I dont mind misting and fanning for now as i learn but already thinking of ways to make it easier.  i like your design!  

Fully automated is my final destination....I feel like it would take a while to get there though...(space, finances, environment....) :wub::P One love

Arasa

So, I would like to try to get this dialed in a little better and more automatic before putting it back to use.  I am hoping people that have these will weigh in and let me know what works for them.  Thank you @magicman for all the information you have added to this thread.

What do people think of exhaust at the bottom vs. the top?  I think for now I might just set timers to do cycles of on and off for humidifier and exhaust and Tyvek patches cut into the GH on each level.

@OpenBar I noticed you posted a picture of your GH, do you leave the thing unzipped all the time, could you give me some details about what you have going on?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1