First pic is 5 brf cakes crulbled and cased. You guys think i should fruit yet?

The second pic is the tub that almost fully colonized and the third tub is alittle behind because of a smaller spawn ratio. You guys think i should fruit the first casing and apply casing to my second tub?

20170304_144309.jpg

20170302_145911.jpg

20170302_150032.jpg

• Like 1
_EC Myco

Im a noob so dont take what i say to a T, but that first case looks ready to go...its loaded...but we'll wait for more experienced mycologists to respond and give a more educated guess.  Best of luck @Mush123 !! :wub: :P One love

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A smaller tub that can hold rh for long is better for pe, that is why I like dubs and bags for pe. like magicman said, you have to mist much more to keep rh up so the sub does not dry out to much. also, when you see pins, it's  ok to cut back on fae so the mushrooms will reach and grow much taller. you can also fruit your tubs now. they will colonize fully by the time the pe fruits. your tubs look great to me so far.

I have been trying to mist and fan 3 times a day. The casing looks moist as well so the humidity should be good.

• Like 1
NewFoundGlory

Any way to get your temps up a bit?

60-65 is lower than I've ever expected anything to fruit before.

As it is, I'm rooting for some dense ass, strong mushies in that brood.

NewFoundGlory

I didn't see anything. By the time I zoomed in it got grainy. No way of telling, but all looks good.

Nice Job.

mushmouth

I've only grown APE. I can't remember how long exactly but I do remember they grow good n slow.

• Like 1
Gemini42

Ill use a smaller sterelite mono tub for my P.E and I think after 1.5 to 2 weeks ill get knots and first flush mutants. I don't case those tho and keep at 67-69 best I can. Bout to throw 2 more mini monos in the closest for incubation soon. They take forever but sooooo worth it

Update on tubs and brf tray. The two tubs still havnt pinned but look close to it. The cased brf tray pinned 2 days ago after 3 and half weeks of fruiting. Looks like half of the pins are blobs or they just havnt fully formed yet.

20170331_150040.jpg

20170331_145924.jpg

20170331_145945.jpg

20170331_072932.jpg

20170331_150036.jpg

• Like 2

It has been almost a month in the sgfc and i still dont have distinct pins. Im getting worried because this does not seem common. Ive been misting and fanning 3 times a day and the humditiy is high. I dont see any contamiantion but the mycelium is secreting yellow fluid which i believe is metabolites. Any advice from those who have experience with this strain?

20170406_150153.jpg

20170406_150201.jpg

20170406_150139.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Shroomarican
On 3/5/2017 at 11:44 AM, Mush123 said:

First pic is 5 brf cakes crulbled and cased. You guys think i should fruit yet?

The second pic is the tub that almost fully colonized and the third tub is alittle behind because of a smaller spawn ratio. You guys think i should fruit the first casing and apply casing to my second tub?

20170304_144309.jpg

20170302_145911.jpg

20170302_150032.jpg

Try using less substrate mixed in with your broken up BRF Cakes. They only need a couple handfuls mixed in to give the mycelium some food to digest. The mycelium will recolonize faster and fruit b4 succumbing to contams. People add too much coir verm to their crumbled cakes and it takes the mycelium too long to recolonize and reconsolidate... 

I sometimes just crumble and case without adding coir or anything and eventually get nice clusters of shrooms growing. 

• 2 years later...